PDA

View Full Version : Man I wish I had the Camera Yesterday

sanjuan23
07-31-2006, 12:09 PM
So we are out on the river and we normally see these two guys riding the air chairs and man are they incredible. Long story short pulling a friend on the wake board and notice that one of them is down and he is coming around with the other guy still on the line, somehow too far to really tell i just see the down'd guy pick up the line and pull right back out with the boat never stopping. Although I am still new to a lot of this this seemed like some of the coolest driving and riding I have ever seen.

bigmac
07-31-2006, 12:25 PM
So we are out on the river and we normally see these two guys riding the air chairs and man are they incredible. Long story short pulling a friend on the wake board and notice that one of them is down and he is coming around with the other guy still on the line, somehow too far to really tell i just see the down'd guy pick up the line and pull right back out with the boat never stopping. Although I am still new to a lot of this this seemed like some of the coolest driving and riding I have ever seen.That sounds a lot like Gr8smiles and his son...:)

tex
07-31-2006, 11:59 PM
I can think of several guys that it could have been. Not that hard of a trick if everyone is paying attention. I skied in a show when we would do 2 man ATB's and the driver would do it with both guys on slalom skis.

erkoehler
08-01-2006, 12:05 AM
A good driver can really astonish a crowd, or make a whole act fail.......they never get any credit though.

gr8smiles
08-08-2006, 04:33 PM
That sounds a lot like Gr8smiles and his son...:)

Not us Mac...but thanks for the 'shout out'....here is the kid last weekend...he just gets better and I have given up trying to keep up....

I do pretty much do a drive by when he skis, he just grabs the handle and I go....after pulling him and my daughter for over 13 years, you kinda get that driver/skier thing going....

If more boarders and skiers figured out foiling, they would never look back. This thing is amazing.....

Here is Sully on a wake roll the other day, see what I mean!

bigmac
08-08-2006, 05:35 PM
Not us Mac...but thanks for the 'shout out'....here is the kid last weekend...he just gets better and I have given up trying to keep up....

I do pretty much do a drive by when he skis, he just grabs the handle and I go....after pulling him and my daughter for over 13 years, you kinda get that driver/skier thing going....

If more boarders and skiers figured out foiling, they would never look back. This thing is amazing.....

Here is Sully on a wake roll the other day, see what I mean!

*sigh*...I just got to the point yesterday where I can jump wake to wake. Youth is wasted on the young...

phecksel
08-08-2006, 05:47 PM
Like Erk said, that's almost all driver

gr8smiles
08-08-2006, 10:02 PM
*sigh*...I just got to the point yesterday where I can jump wake to wake. Youth is wasted on the young...

Mac,

What length line are you using? How fast? I am going at about 23, but we are using an 85 ft line with Lonnie's release....I am landing on the 2nd wake alot, but the hang time is incredible...with the long line we get a really wide arc so our air times are wild....

bigmac
08-08-2006, 10:14 PM
Mac,

What length line are you using? How fast? I am going at about 23, but we are using an 85 ft line with Lonnie's release....I am landing on the 2nd wake alot, but the hang time is incredible...with the long line we get a really wide arc so our air times are wild....

I just shortened up to 60 and have had the speed set at 19. I'm trying to get consistent on the hops and and landings. Most of my wake jumps put me in the midline, but I've just started landing on the other wake. I think I'll give Lonnie a call and get the long line - I need the trick release anyway after almost drowning my buddy a couple of months ago. Then I'll start working up to 23 and move the power wedge back for more pop.

gr8smiles
08-08-2006, 10:33 PM
Speed it up some...I think that you'll be more stable. Also, with the longer line, you get more hang time, but you also get more good water between the wakes that is not propped washed out so bad....landing in the good water makes a huge difference. You may want to check out that B39....mighty sweet ride!

Come on down south to Tn. and we'll give you a test ride.

bigmac
08-09-2006, 12:28 PM
Speed it up some...I think that you'll be more stable. Also, with the longer line, you get more hang time, but you also get more good water between the wakes that is not propped washed out so bad....landing in the good water makes a huge difference. You may want to check out that B39....mighty sweet ride!

Come on down south to Tn. and we'll give you a test ride.

I haven't wrung maximum capability out of my Air Chair yet:D It is still more capable than I am. I want to move a little farther up the skill scale before I consider that B39 acquisition. In the meantime, I'm going for the $250 investment with Lonnie necessary to move me a little farther along the lower levels of the Gr8smiles Ladder of Success...:D

http://www.pbase.com/hmac/image/64884421.jpg