PDA

View Full Version : Wakesurfing?

6ballsisall
07-29-2006, 11:23 PM
Just bought a wakesurfer and gave it a shot this evening. I can't figure out where you are suppose to ride on the wave so you don't need the handle. Anybody have some good photos they can post? Also, how do you speed up and slow down on the board?

Hoosier Bob
07-29-2006, 11:29 PM
Won't run, full of water bought a wakesurfer and tried it out? How is the ship?:confused: Just bought a wakesurfer and gave it a shot this evening. I can't figure out where you are suppose to ride on the wave so you don't need the handle. Anybody have some good photos they can post? Also, how do you speed up and slow down on the board?

6ballsisall
07-29-2006, 11:31 PM
Won't run, full of water bought a wakesurfer and tried it out? How is the ship?:confused:

She great!! Thanks for asking HB. Got her all fixed and back on the water for sea trials this evening.

Workin' 4 Toys
07-29-2006, 11:33 PM
Should have left the hull full of water, might have made surfin a little easier....:rolleyes:

6ballsisall
07-29-2006, 11:34 PM
Should have left the hull full of water, might have made surfin a little easier....:rolleyes:

Dude your bringing back bad memories. :(

I spent an hour washing, waxing, polishing her this evening just to make her feel better and let her know I love her. She was very appreciative of the massage.

Ramhouse
07-29-2006, 11:36 PM
Sup?
We surf behind our 190 all the time. It take practice. You will find the pocket the next time out. To speed up lean forward, to slow down lean back. Load your boat to the side you are surfi'g on. Keep the edge of the board into the wake, toe side, that will help, not leavel. Here are a pic of my son with only 500# in the rear. Hope this helps some. You can also go to www.wakepics.com and see some vidieos..
Richard

6ballsisall
07-29-2006, 11:38 PM
Thanks Ram House! There is my first problem. I was riding on my heel side. I'll have to give it a shot tommorrow.

Ramhouse
07-29-2006, 11:44 PM
Riding on you toes keep you in the pocket. On your heals will take you out. LEAN FORWARD!!! Check out some viedos tonight and you will get it. Where you located? Anywhere near Calif.? Will be happy to help.
Richard

6ballsisall
07-29-2006, 11:45 PM
Riding on you toes keep you in the pocket. On your heals will take you out. LEAN FORWARD!!! Check out some viedos tonight and you will get it. Where you located? Anywhere near Calif.? Will be happy to help.
Richard

Thanks!! I am in Indiana, not close to you! Thanks for the help!

mpmartin
07-30-2006, 12:06 AM
I have been thinking about this also. What kind of board suoud I start with?

mitch
07-30-2006, 10:23 AM
PP is a must, we surf at 9.5mph. Once you can ride for long periods of time in the pocket w/ a slack line/handle in your hand, you can toss it back in the boat. Many people toss it too early and quickly fall. Also, if you've got a good spotter, and you get in a lil trouble he/she can toss the handle back to you. Fun stuff:D

Ramhouse
07-30-2006, 01:13 PM
Bigger the better. Hyperlite Landlock at 5'6" is great to start with. There are others in that size range, but we are partial to Hyperlite. Ho, Liquid Force, etc. As my son got better we just changed out the fins to smaller and more manuvable.

BuoyChaser
07-31-2006, 11:09 AM
PP is a must, we surf at 9.5mph. Once you can ride for long periods of time in the pocket w/ a slack line/handle in your hand, you can toss it back in the boat. Many people toss it too early and quickly fall. Also, if you've got a good spotter, and you get in a lil trouble he/she can toss the handle back to you. Fun stuff:D
what's the cheapest wake surfer out there these days???would love to try it, one of these days!!!

Mag_Red
07-31-2006, 11:32 AM
Just bought a wakesurfer and gave it a shot this evening. I can't figure out where you are suppose to ride on the wave so you don't need the handle. Anybody have some good photos they can post? Also, how do you speed up and slow down on the board?:rolleyes: You've seen me surf.........weren't you paying attention????:uglyhamme If you go tonight, give me a call!!!!!!

SteveO
07-31-2006, 12:54 PM
Jeff, Font foot = Gas, Back foot= brake I have been using my buddies 5'6" hyperlight. Need to buy one this fall when they close out the 06

RexDog1
07-31-2006, 01:26 PM
For all that have a wego flying tube of death,
I just cut out the parts I shipped back for credit,
The rope with the balls on it makes a very good wakesurfing rope:twocents: :toast: