PDA

View Full Version : Houseboat 2006 is almost here!!!

P-hat_in_Cincy
07-27-2006, 08:41 PM
We call it HB2K6.

We'll soon be making the annual trip to the 16' x 80' "Mother Ship" that we will tie up in a cove and surrounded by our '04 205V wakeboard edition, '01 X-Star, '03 X9, and a Sea Ray. I think MC should sponsor a portion of the trip! :D

Stocking up for the trip has begun!

DrNautica
07-27-2006, 09:21 PM
Would that be to Cumberland???

P-hat_in_Cincy
07-27-2006, 09:47 PM
Would that be to Cumberland???

Negative. This marks 10 years for some of us. Most were out of State Dock (on Cumberland), but we've been hitting the SE portion of Norris Lake the last 3 years (including this year).

The hardest part is the final days leading up to the trip. The mind starts to wander...

Last year pic...('00 X-star, '02 CC SAN, Sea Ray made the trip)

DrNautica
07-27-2006, 10:41 PM
Norris is about the same drive time from Cincy as Cumberland. Very clear water on Norris too. Have a blast. If I were you, I'd stockpile more beer. Where's the Bud Light??? I see Miller LITE in the pics so I assume there's some girls goin'??? :D

bcampbe7
07-27-2006, 11:02 PM
Have fun at Norris. I've been there once and from what I remember it is crystal clear.
I just got a brochure in the mail for a new lakefront development on the North end. It's called Rock Harbor. Dockable lakefront lots start at $69900! Around here those lots are $350K!

P-hat_in_Cincy
07-28-2006, 08:55 AM
Dr...Yes we do have GTR going ( 8p ), but the 'on the water' preference of beer is ML. However, you will also notice the Bud Select for the same purpose. The bottled beer and hard stuff (in the boxes) are left for off-water activities.

b...Norris is beautiful deep water, as is Cumberland. The wakes always seem to come up better in the deep water. I haven't heard about Rock Harbor, but my parents bought their retirement property in Sunset Bay (lower finger).

Here's a shot of 2 of the 3 MC's making the trip.

sizzler
07-28-2006, 09:10 AM
Have fun at Norris. I've been there once and from what I remember it is crystal clear.
I just got a brochure in the mail for a new lakefront development on the North end. It's called Rock Harbor. Dockable lakefront lots start at $69900! Around here those lots are $350K!

beau...these seem very cheap......whats the area like???

http://www.rockharbortn.com/

WTRSK1R
07-28-2006, 09:21 AM
We have been thinking about making a Houseboat trip to either Norris, Cumberland, or Kentucky Lake. Can anybody give any input on reasons to choose one lake over another? P-hat, where are you renting the Houseboat from? There are multiple marina's with rentals on all three of these lakes. I am sure they are all good places, but a recomendation from someone would make me feel better about making a reservation without ever seeing the boat. :rolleyes:

Thanks for any input.

Steve

chudson
07-28-2006, 09:41 AM
Just a point of interest about Cumberland Lake, it may be in a dry county! Went to a tournament on the lake several years ago and watched a crew of sheriffs deputes walk the beach making everyone open their coolers and those with beer had to "pour it out". That was a few years back and they may have gone wet since then maybe someone can update.

P-hat_in_Cincy
07-28-2006, 09:50 AM
Steve,
We used to go to Cumberland (State Dock) b/c they had a dip in rates (for some reason) in the timeframe we'd go. They moved that week and their rates became high enough that we started looking elsewhere.

We've been going out of www.pennington33bridgemarina.com for 3 years (including this) and couldn't be happier. Smaller, more personalized operation.. Houseboats are fantastic. Pennington is on a portion of the lake less traveled and we've always had excellent water. We do, however, miss the cove that we'd always stay in on C-land...but we haven't looked back...to much.

IMO...you can't go wrong with either C-land or Norris and we've had great experiences at both (lakes and houseboat operations). I have no experience with Kentucky Lake.

Here's a shot of ideal conditions...

EDIT: Cumberland was dry when we used to head down. No big deal for our houseboating crew as we would just haul it down anyway. I think they still are dry, but Lee's Ford Marina has a bar now...

bcampbe7
07-28-2006, 10:38 AM
beau...these seem very cheap......whats the area like???

http://www.rockharbortn.com/

The area is great. Mountains all around and a nice clear lake.
It is about 40 minutes from Knoxville which is home to one of the top two Colleges in the US (IMHO).:cool:

I think Norris Lake is around 30+K acres.

ntidsl
07-28-2006, 10:58 AM
Was at norris last weekend for the mailbu dealers yearly trip...130 malibus all from cincinnati...hate to say it, had a great time and I'm always welcomed with open arms. I even placed second in the costume contest. They said " ...and in 2nd place the unfortunately MC owning dude..." they were all cool about it..didnt take my boat though for obvious reasons

Norris is a dream to me...I love it and would go every weekend if it wasnt 4 hours...we made it in 3 hours and 45 minutes from florence ky towing a boat to Shanghai resort which I highly suggest...great clean small hotel comes with a dock spot for 85 a night!!! great food, great beer, etc...

We dont take a stock of beer because its just as cheap to buy it at the dock...honestly!!!

slink976
07-28-2006, 12:16 PM
Man i want that butter! Why aren't there any places like the ones afore mentioned in Cali!!!

captain planet
07-28-2006, 01:56 PM
Hey P-hat, Norris rocks. Great lake and there is a night life there. I highly recommend Sequoya Marina for Friday Night Wings. They just remodeled the docks and restaurant. We were there in early June, good time.

WTRSK1R
07-28-2006, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the link to the Marina. Man those are nice lookin boats !:D
I especially like the hot tub and the keg system on the upper deck. After a hard day at the lake, nothin is better then soaking in the hot tub with a cold one.:toast:

We spend a week in northern Wisconsin at the end of summer every year, but have been talking about doing the houseboat thing so that we could invite more family along.

Enjoy your vacation.

Steve

Mattercraft
07-28-2006, 06:46 PM
We leave for Powell tonight. 5 days on a 46 footer. Triple checking the boat today.
I couldn't let you guys brag alone.

slink976
07-28-2006, 06:48 PM
Matter, no invite WTH

Mattercraft
07-28-2006, 06:53 PM
Sorry, we already have 9 going on a boat that sleeps 8.

slink976
07-28-2006, 06:54 PM
I can sleep in my boat it fits 5

P-hat_in_Cincy
07-31-2006, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the link to the Marina. Man those are nice lookin boats !:D
I especially like the hot tub and the keg system on the upper deck. After a hard day at the lake, nothin is better then soaking in the hot tub with a cold one.:toast:

We spend a week in northern Wisconsin at the end of summer every year, but have been talking about doing the houseboat thing so that we could invite more family along.

Enjoy your vacation.

Steve

No problem on the info hook-up.

We save this trip as an 'adult only' trip. Guarding youngin's on a houseboat 24/7 isn't too appealing to me. You hear of horror stories of kids walking off the back of the houseboat while mom and dad are still asleep.

Having to ride in conditions like this (see pic) all week is tough to deal with! ;)

P-hat_in_Cincy
07-31-2006, 12:21 PM
...and then in your down time, hanging out in the hot tub or at the floating bar (Barzilla shown here) is just too boring! :D

captain planet
07-31-2006, 01:31 PM
I hope your gonna show some Cincy pride and display some sort of BENGALS paraphernalia from the houseboat. :D .......along with some MC stuff as well. 8p

P-hat_in_Cincy
07-31-2006, 02:34 PM
I hope your gonna show some Cincy pride and display some sort of BENGALS paraphernalia from the houseboat. :D .......along with some MC stuff as well. 8p

Bengals garb...negative! I'm a Browns fan! I 'grew up' outside Cleveland...Vermilion to be exact.
MC garb...there may be a banner or two with some pendant flags!

P-hat_in_Cincy
08-11-2006, 10:51 PM
We're baaack! Great trip!
Saw the other thread about MasterCRASH and could relate, but not to that extreme. That Thursday night storm the front line of the houseboat let loose so all 4 boats had to get loose from the houseboat and head back to the marina...in a lightning storm. Other than that...epic conditions!

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m163/paulbro/HB2K6/Mothership.jpg

Datdude
08-12-2006, 10:53 AM
We're baaack! Great trip!
Saw the other thread about MasterCRASH and could relate, but not to that extreme. That Thursday night storm the front line of the houseboat let loose so all 4 boats had to get loose from the houseboat and head back to the marina...in a lightning storm. Other than that...epic conditions!

That is one sweet picture^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I have been caught in a thunderstorm in the boat and that is NOT FUN:eek:

P-hat_in_Cincy
08-12-2006, 11:38 AM
Yeah...the pictures with all the 'display items' is always a favorite of mine. Here's the X9 that was on the other side...

P-hat_in_Cincy
08-13-2006, 08:59 PM
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m163/paulbro/HB2K6/Mothership2.jpg