PDA

View Full Version : 85 S&S trailer carpeted V

OSUspenc99
07-27-2006, 09:16 PM
I am putting this out there to see if anyone has found a replacement option for the carpeted V at the front of the trailer. I recarpeted it last year and it fell apart when i did that. Does anyone make a rubber V that would be a good replacement for there. Does anyone make the V that is carpeted and ready to bolt on there? Any help here would be of great help!

east tx skier
07-27-2006, 11:42 PM
The composite piece fell apart, poked through the carpet and gashed my keel a couple of years back. I replaced it with wood, recarpeted, and it's held up well ever since.

Zach S
07-28-2006, 10:15 AM
Spenc,
I had the same problem with my trailer. The dealer I bought my boat from had the newer style pads. I had to drill a couple of holes for the new pads but it works great.

OSUspenc99
07-31-2006, 08:53 AM
Sorry for the late response but thanks for the input.

Zach,
Do you remember about how much it cost or anything thing like that?

Zach S
07-31-2006, 09:51 AM
I dont know the cost. They threw them in when I bought the boat.

OSUspenc99
07-31-2006, 01:54 PM
cool cool. I am going to check it out on mymc.com

OSUspenc99
07-31-2006, 02:04 PM
Just called Mastercraft of Charlotte and they said that there is no way that they can get this for me. I guess this is not a big deal because i can just cut some new pieces of wood but my thing is the carpet. I have purchased some from home depot last year and it seems to be scratching my hull up. Does anyone know where I can get some good carpet that is not going to do this? Please help before it is to late!

Zach S
08-01-2006, 09:19 AM
I dont know if they will have any more but the marina I got them from was Pincrest in Cedar Lake IN.