PDA

View Full Version : Fuses? Nav lights out??

aerojt
07-27-2006, 02:01 AM
Hey everyone, I threw the nav light switch and had a short. Now the switch doesn't light up and I have no nav lights. Is there a fuse box or fuse panel on my '93 somewhere? Thought I'd ask before I climbed underneath the dash and broke something. Thanks!

-JT

aerojt
07-27-2006, 10:55 PM
Anybody have any input at all? Just looking for fuses or the reason the nav light switch isn't working anymore. thanks!

ski_king
07-27-2006, 11:22 PM
I am not all that familiar with 93's, but page 12 of the manual says there is 1 7 amp circuit breaker on the dash for the lights.

click here (http://www.mastercraft.com/manuals/1991-1993_OwnersManual-PS190-PS205-ProSport205.pdf)

aerojt
08-02-2006, 02:48 AM
Is anyone else out there who can help me? I have crawled all over and found nothing. Do I have to remove the switch panel? I can't find a fuse and I am pretty sure that is the problem. Thanks!

-JT

cwright
08-10-2006, 02:06 AM
My 88 nav lights has no fuse. Have you pulled the dash? Got to get a tester and determine where you have twelve volt and don't. Also, hotwire your nav lights directly to battery to see if they work. If they do then your not getting power to the positive lead or your not grounding. It's that simple, but finding the reason why your not is not simple. You'll need to get behind the dash and check all of the wores that are daisy chained, assuming a 93 is something like an 88.

I just chased a loose ground for 5 hours because is came from a connector on the back of my fuel guage. It was still on but the crimp was loose and it screwed up 4 things. These problems are almost always ground, but confirm that the positive side of the switch is still putting out 11 to 12 volts.

dchatagnon
08-10-2006, 05:51 AM
I'm having the same issue than you.
You should see under the swithc a small soft plastic cap. In fact, this is the fuse. After a circuit brocken (short), you should press it and it should work again.
By the way I don't know the correct wiring for the switch nav lights. If you could describe me how the wires are connected on the following poles... the back of my switch looks like this:
A B
C D
E F

Or maybe send me a picture. Thanks for your help.

WTRSK1R
08-11-2006, 03:11 PM
As Ski King and Dchatagnon have posted, there is a circuit breaker panel on the dash of the boat. It is a series of small rubber boots that each have a breaker under them. When the circuit breaker "trips" it acually pops outward under the rubber boot. All you should need to do is press the boot and the breaker back in to reset. It is pretty easy to check. Just press in each boot one by one until you find the one that has tripped. I do not believe there is one labeled for the NAV lights. It might say AUX on it. Good Luck.