PDA

View Full Version : PB last five Years

teddy
07-27-2006, 01:29 AM
I got into shortline for the first time this year. I went off the dock at 32 mph and stroked it. I asked the driver if he had set the speed for 30 and he assured me that the time was good for 32. I asked him to bump the speed up to 34 which I have been flirting with a few times but hadn't run clean this year and went out and ran it as well. We then shortened the line to 22 off and attempted the next pass. I only got two balls after a rather pathetic gate. We came back down the course again at 22 off and I was able to pick up 4 balls to end up with a PB for the year.

beef
07-27-2006, 09:54 AM
Congrats! Nice skiing. The best ones are where you think the driver pulled you slow, but it was just skiing right for a change. :)

Davo
07-27-2006, 12:39 PM
Right on - congrats!

If the weather cooperates, I'll be skiing a course tonight for the first time in ages (about 15 yrs!)...I'm a little anxious to say the least. I've mostly been wakeboarding since then, but I feel pretty good about my freeskiing, so we shall see. :firejump:

teddy
07-27-2006, 08:18 PM
Thanks I hope you get a chance to ski the course tonight Davo.

Kevin 89MC
07-28-2006, 09:53 AM
Congrats! Making a PB in the course is awesome. Last Friday I made my first pass at 15 off at 34 MPH. That one's been doggin' me for a few years. I did miss the entrance gate by about an inch, I'll see if I can get a clean pass tonight. Then it's on to 22 off!

Brent
07-28-2006, 10:24 AM
Congrats ! The key as you shorten the rope is to hang on to the handle longer going to the ball & let the ski finnish it's turn before pulling ! Slow it downin your head.

Have fun.

Brent

Davo
07-28-2006, 11:47 AM
Thanks I hope you get a chance to ski the course tonight Davo.
Yes sir! It was a little choppy as the thunderstorms loomed nearby, but still I made 4 out of about 8 passes at 15' off going approx 30-32mph (the guy's speedos weren't calibrated). I was stoked!

It took a few passes to get into somewhat of a groove and I ate it hard one time. The biggest challenge for me so far is timing and body position. I felt like I had a hard time deciding when to initiate my turns.

I have to say, all the reading and tips I picked up on this site definitely helped.

teddy
07-28-2006, 09:10 PM
Good for you. 4 of 8 passes on your first course in a while is great. Hope you get to go again soon.