PDA

View Full Version : speedos again

cwright
07-26-2006, 04:17 PM
I hate to post threads that have probably been covered, I will have to develop my search skills.

I have reamed my pick up holes, disconnected the speedo hose at the gage and blew air through them to clean them out, and was really surprised that I can't even get a bump out of the needle on my 88PS190 speedos. Both are dead. What else can I do?

Using tach with Velvet drive 1:1 with the factory prop (13X13?). Does 3200 rpm = 32 mph? Feels about right when I ski there.
But would really like to have both speedos. Any pointers?

east tx skier
07-26-2006, 04:26 PM
There's one other thing to check, I think they're the ballast tubes or something. Name escapes me.

3200 rpm is ballpark 32 mph, but for me, that'd probably be more like 33.5 or so if memory serves. Handheld GPS is the easiest way to tell.

cwright
07-26-2006, 04:31 PM
awesome and thanks. i figured out the thread search tool, and found a previous thread the talked of equalizer tubes and copper tubes in the back of the boat coming off. I'll go digging in the back and see what I come up with.

cwright
07-30-2006, 08:38 PM
Well search and rework have revealed something. One tube was plugged and one was disconnected. not sure what the bronze cylinders do, must be in the line to reduce needle bounce, but one had a hose off, and one had a piece of wood stuck in it. All is fixed now, anxious to put it on the river and see if I have speedos. Anybody know the science behind the bronze cylinders?