PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl - Orange Stains from Spider Poop

BuoyChaser
07-26-2006, 02:59 PM
inside my dad's boat lift cover, he get tons of spiders...tried spraying to kill the spiders but they leave black marks everywhere....he uses the 303 cleaner & spot remover which quickly removes the black spot, however, sometimes beneath the black spot is an orange stainwhich seems to have penetrated the viynl and won't lift from the viynl....

he uses 303 protectant on the vinyl...

any suggestions for removing this "ORANGE SPOT"???

sanjuan23
07-26-2006, 03:09 PM
Remove the spiders. Someone posted a few months back about bacteria or such in the spider's droppings. IIRC.

Or I could read a title to a thread before I actually open my mouth and stick my foot in there.

bcampbe7
07-26-2006, 03:17 PM
Here ya go...

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=9644

Haven't found a way to get rid of them. Sunlight seems to lighten them up though.

BuoyChaser
07-26-2006, 03:18 PM
found the thread http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=9644&highlight=spider

bigmac
07-26-2006, 03:20 PM
inside my dad's boat lift cover, he get tons of spiders...tried spraying to kill the spiders but they leave black marks everywhere....he uses the 303 cleaner & spot remover which quickly removes the black spot, however, sometimes beneath the black spot is an orange stainwhich seems to have penetrated the viynl and won't lift from the viynl....

he uses 303 protectant on the vinyl...

any suggestions for removing this "ORANGE SPOT"???
I had a terrible problem with that one year - orange spots all over. I tried everthing - nothing would get rid of them. I resigned myself, but noted that after about 2 years they had all faded to almost invisible.

First step is to kill the spiders with some kind of pyrethrin spray, then spray a persistent insecticide like cypermethrin to keep them from coming back. Works well on all those other vinyl-staining bugs too.

agua4fun
07-29-2006, 10:24 AM
same thing here, take care of the spiders, the dots seem to dissapeer (at least i cant find any of them)