PDA

View Full Version : New Poll!!Will UMP actually break down and buy a Monza??

Upper Michigan Prostar190
07-26-2006, 02:33 PM
Will UMP actually break down and buy a Monza?? There has been alot of speculation lately of whether or not the UMPster will actually drop the chang on a Monza. My inner cheapskate has been wrestling with the avid water skier in me. They have been fighting tooth and nail for days now. This has been burning my brain for weeks now. what will happen??? Lets have a poll, we are WAY over due for one!

TMCNo1
07-26-2006, 03:46 PM
He's got the barefooting bug so why a new ski? Use the 2X4, styrofoam cooler lid, old satellite dish, cardboard box, anything but a new ski. Wouldn't want him to kick the ski off and damage it hitting his leg!

Ric
07-26-2006, 03:59 PM
Ump I know someone with the hookup on Monzas. As mentioned before, you will have to do the legwork. If you have the hair...

07-26-2006, 05:01 PM
Yea, your source can sell monza blanks for like 5 bucks a piece right Ric?8p

Ric
07-26-2006, 05:06 PM
No, that would be ridiculous. Let me know when you are serious though.

07-26-2006, 05:17 PM
Dude, I am serious. I am gonnna buy a Monza soon, but I am not gonna fall for that again!!:D I aint gonna come running when you cry wolf the next time:)

east tx skier
07-26-2006, 05:57 PM
Actually, I know who Ric's contact is. He speaks the truth this time YouEmPee.

07-26-2006, 06:38 PM
YOu guys are SOOOOO full of it your eyes are brown!!!!

MYMC
07-26-2006, 07:06 PM
Good lord after all this you guys are steering him away from me? I almost had him!;) ***?

TMCNo1
07-26-2006, 07:24 PM
Yea, your source can sell monza blanks for like 5 bucks a piece right Ric?8p

They must be @ Moonlight5FingerDiscountGroupBuy.com

07-26-2006, 07:31 PM
Good lord after all this you guys are steering him away from me? I almost had him!;) ***?
Dont Worry Mike, the fish is still in the water and can be caught!:D He just needs to be persuaded to bite the hook. Lets see where things roll out as we talked about and go from there.:)

Tom023
07-26-2006, 07:57 PM
UMP works at a Chevy dealership so you must be talking about one of these, right?

shepherd
07-26-2006, 08:04 PM
Trigger finger getting itchy, eh UMP? :shocked:

If you can wait until next week, one of two things could happen: (a) I'll send Mike's Monza directly to you after you agree to pay him for it and Mike gives the OK ;) ; or (b) I'll have a really nice System 8 for you to buy cheap! :D

Hoosier Bob
07-26-2006, 08:11 PM
As much as you talk about this ski you may need to do more than spoon!:D I'll send you some extra binding slime!8p

PS I may have a used Monza for you, and I do mean USED!

6ballsisall
07-27-2006, 12:34 AM
UMP you crack me up!! Pull the trigger dude!!! I free ski'd mine tonight in less than desirable conditions. (light chop) and was actually impressed, it does better than I have mentioned or you see mentioned in publications for rough water skiing.

07-27-2006, 12:38 AM
Trigger finger getting itchy, eh UMP?

If you can wait until next week, one of two things could happen: (a) I'll send Mike's Monza directly to you after you agree to pay him for it and Mike gives the OK ;) ; or (b) I'll have a really nice System 8 for you to buy cheap! :D
Dayum straight Shep!:D I am gassing for a new ride. The ball is in your court man! I am thinking Monza now that I have riden one. and I will keep my Vengeance for a fat boy ski, and to use in rough water if need be. I have a set of Contact bindings to put on the Vengeance so I can ski it if needed. I think I will put my Animal bindings on a Monza. I may buy that ride your testing if you dont want it or if you buy it, I can go in search of another one. :) Ski that baby man! I wanna hear your report soon!

07-27-2006, 12:39 AM
As much as you talk about this ski you may need to do more than spoon!:D I'll send you some extra binding slime!8p

PS I may have a used Monza for you, and I do mean USED!
Hoosier, send that slime up to me! Thats stuff is spendy, and If I buy a Monza I am gonna be eaten Ramen noodles, so I will take the free slime;) 8p

07-27-2006, 12:40 AM
UMP you crack me up!! Pull the trigger dude!!! I free ski'd mine tonight in less than desirable conditions. (light chop) and was actually impressed, it does better than I have mentioned or you see mentioned in publications for rough water skiing.
I am close JR, I am close! :) UMP will be on a Monza soon my friend, give me some time to let a few things happen. I will be on one soon!:D

east tx skier
07-27-2006, 12:51 AM

See, told ya so.

east tx skier
07-27-2006, 12:52 AM

He knows we're just jerkin' his chain. We're just softening him up for you.

shepherd
07-27-2006, 09:04 AM
I was going to abstain from voting until next week, but it sounds like your mind is made up already! ;)

Heading back out tonight. I'll PM you after.

07-27-2006, 09:42 AM
I was going to abstain from voting until next week, but it sounds like your mind is made up already! ;)

Heading back out tonight. I'll PM you after.
Cool Shep!:) I will be waiting for your PM. I went out last nite. Skied my Ski for the first time after the Monza ride. WOW, what a difference. I need one of those skis!:) I amy buy an old Chevy Monza too,just for good measure! Hey, my mom had one of those Monzas back in the day, that little bugger had a 350 V8 in it!! they sold it because they couldnt even get it out of the driveway in winter time, small car, rear wheel drive, big V8, you do the math!

Ric
07-27-2006, 11:33 AM
Dont Worry Mike, the fish is still in the water and can be caught!:D He just needs to be persuaded to bite the hook. Lets see where things roll out as we talked about and go from there.:)

woah I am out ump. It's like any other discount, when you are done doing the leg work you wonder if it was even worth it.

I don't mess with dealers so Mike, he is ALL yours.

Mike, be careful, ump may be toying with you as he is rapidly becoming a footer and won't need a monza:cool:

07-27-2006, 11:55 AM
Maybe I should just paint "Monza" on my feet!:cool: :D

Ric
07-27-2006, 01:06 PM
ump you still owe me for setting all that up. I have never seen someone go from wanting a good slalom, to wanting 4 to 6 good slaloms, so fast EVER..

07-27-2006, 01:56 PM
For setting what up Ric?

Ric
07-27-2006, 02:12 PM
The group buy, man... You don't remember?

07-27-2006, 02:21 PM
uh yea, how could I forget.....:rolleyes:

Ric
07-27-2006, 02:25 PM
dude you wore me out with all the calls I had to make to my contact and then having to send people to you.

07-27-2006, 02:37 PM
Ric, why dont you try selling me some realestate on the moon8p ;) I aint buyin!!:D

SkiDog
07-27-2006, 06:03 PM
Ya know, a few of us got together and raised up enough money to help out a special little fella with a new puppy, so maybe if a few DIFFERENT ones got together........ Well, you get the picture!8p

07-27-2006, 06:36 PM
Ya know, a few of us got together and raised up enough money to help out a special little fella with a new puppy, so maybe if a few DIFFERENT ones got together........ Well, you get the picture!8p
Oh Dont give Erk any ideas Skidog, he will do anything to sell a boat ya know!;) :D

07-31-2006, 12:38 PM
Well, I am still gassing for the Monza....:) waiting for Shep's ski review:) THe suspense is killing me! I havent been this uptight since we all wanted to know who shot J.R. Ewing on "Dallas"!;) 8p

08-02-2006, 12:29 PM
The suspense is so thick you could cut it with a knife baby! I tell ya, housewives all over the world dont need to watch TV soaps, they could just tune in here for drama! :o What did No1, call it? "As the impeller turns" or in this case "as the monza turns" or "the young and the wingless"

The funny part is, I dropped 13 G on my boat without even thinking twice about it. But I agonize about buying a 1000 dollar ski....:rolleyes:

bcampbe7
08-02-2006, 12:30 PM
I think from here on out I will delete you posts until you buy that ski!:D ;)

08-02-2006, 12:34 PM
I think from here on out I will delete you posts until you buy that ski!
It may come to that Beau!:o UMP is a consumer's nightmare! or a retailers nightmare I guess. Wanna really have fun? ask UMP's girlfriend about me spending $163 at Walmart the other day and almost getting cold sweats and bad dreams from it.... or about the time I freaked out over a ice cream cone that cost almost $4.00, and I wasnt even the one paying for it, she was, and I still freaked:o Hey, UMP is cheap, what can I say......:o

bcampbe7
08-02-2006, 12:38 PM
It may come to that Beau!:o UMP is a consumer's nightmare! or a retailers nightmare I guess. Wanna really have fun? ask UMP's girlfriend about me spending $163 at Walmart the other day and almost getting cold sweats and bad dreams from it.... or about the time I freaked out over a ice cream cone that cost almost $4.00, and I wasnt even the one paying for it, she was, and I still freaked:o Hey, UMP is cheap, what can I say......:o

Just messin' with ya UMP. I am not an impulse buyer either.

When you skied the Monza, did it feel like a better ski than your Vengeance? Did you have it dialed-in? From what I have been told, once you get the Monza dialed-in you are off to some PB's! :woohoo:

6ballsisall
08-02-2006, 12:42 PM

When you skied the Monza, did it feel like a better ski than your Vengeance? Did you have it dialed-in? From what I have been told, once you get the Monza dialed-in you are off to some PB's! :woohoo:

TRU DAT! Once you get the Monza dialed in she is a beast! She is finnicky though and needs a tuning to your likes. However, any Hi-po machine is like that

08-02-2006, 12:42 PM

NO sir, it wasnt dialed in for me. It was just how the owner of the ski had it set. we didnt have time to start messin with the fin. Just had time to ski it for two quick runs, thats it. but it skied great. it was even one inch shorter than it should have been with bindings that werent very comfortable as they were too small, but even with all that, it skied great. I cant imagine what the correct size ski, with my favorite bindings, and fin setup would do. I am sure it would really propel me to new levels skiing.....(dream, dream, dream):rolleyes:

bcampbe7
08-02-2006, 12:45 PM
NO sir, it wasnt dialed in for me. It was just how the owner of the ski had it set. we didnt have time to start messin with the fin. Just had time to ski it for two quick runs, thats it. but it skied great. it was even one inch shorter than it should have been with bindings that werent very comfortable as they were too small, but even with all that, it skied great. I cant imagine what the correct size ski, with my favorite bindings, and fin setup would do. I am sure it would really propel me to new levels skiing.....(dream, dream, dream):rolleyes:

It's not a dream UMP.
If you would like, PM me your CC information and I will conatact MYMC for you and purchase the ski. It's only a grand! You can make that back in a few hours of pimpin'!

08-02-2006, 12:51 PM
It's not a dream UMP.
If you would like, PM me your CC information and I will conatact MYMC for you and purchase the ski. It's only a grand! You can make that back in a few hours of pimpin'!
Especially if I am wearing my leather pants!:D

Ric
08-02-2006, 01:42 PM
buy the dang ski ump
time to treat yourself

08-04-2006, 03:12 PM
well I was gettin close, but now Mark and a few guys are throwing monkey wrenches into the gears by talking up the SIXAM...... Hmmmm

What WILL The UMP do???:confused:

MarkP
08-04-2006, 03:31 PM
well I was gettin close, but now Mark and a few guys are throwing monkey wrenches into the gears by talking up the SIXAM...... Hmmmm

What WILL The UMP do???:confused:
Hey UMP
This is one looks like (The nationals addition) . The regular one is red in the back instead of blue. I should take a new shot with the Phantom binders that are on it now..
Do you want me to post what I think about this ski??

Ric
08-04-2006, 04:33 PM
Hey UMP
This is one looks like (The nationals addition) . The regular one is red in the back instead of blue. I should take a new shot with the Phantom binders that are on it now..
Do you want me to post what I think about this ski??
I do! .

MarkP
08-04-2006, 04:56 PM
I do! .
Iím glad someone asked,
SixAm:
Lightning FAST
Great Acceleration
Turns on a dime, (or better)
Super Stable, and Predictable
Makes the chop feel like BUTTER
Your HO boots should mount right up
Record holding ski, (I think)

08-04-2006, 05:25 PM
Sounds pretty convincing Mark.:) However, I hear alot of good things about the Monza too. I know you said you see alot of monza's for sale, but I think HO kicks out alot more volume of their high end skis too. More compared to the other MFG's. You dont see alot of SIXAM's, F1's, or 9700's for sale. From what I have heard, HO just pumps out alot more skis, so there are more on the used market. :confused:

MarkP
08-04-2006, 05:29 PM
Hey someone should go over to the Monza vs. Sys 8 thread and bump Sheps test info to the other end of the thread..

MarkP
08-04-2006, 05:31 PM
Sounds pretty convincing Mark.:) However, I hear alot of good things about the Monza too. I know you said you see alot of monza's for sale, but I think HO kicks out alot more volume of their high end skis too. More compared to the other MFG's. You dont see alot of SIXAM's, F1's, or 9700's for sale. From what I have heard, HO just pumps out alot more skis, so there are more on the used market. :confused:
I guess weíll see what Chris Parish can do on the Monza..
We all know what he can do on the Sixam;)

Ric
08-04-2006, 06:00 PM
umps head exploding in 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1...

08-04-2006, 06:11 PM
LIke this Ric????

http://www.theagitator.com/archives/PumpkinPuke.jpg

shepherd
08-04-2006, 10:28 PM
umps head exploding in 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1...

:popcorn: .........

MarkP
08-05-2006, 12:40 AM
:popcorn: .........
Yep,
Sorry about the other thread. I take full responsibility for the jack. Sorry..
You did a great job with those two skis!!!!!
Iíll be back on the Monza tomorrow and am sure I could not critique them nearly as well

tex
08-05-2006, 12:50 AM
The car or the ski?

shepherd
08-05-2006, 08:34 AM
Yep,
Sorry about the other thread. I take full responsibility for the jack. Sorry..
You did a great job with those two skis!!!!!
Iíll be back on the Monza tomorrow and am sure I could not critique them nearly as well

Thanks Mark. I don't care about no jack. I just find it morbidly fascinating watching UMP agonize over his new ski decision - kind of like watching a car accident. :D

And then someone plants the 6AM bug in his mind!........ :popcorn:

08-05-2006, 12:09 PM
This is quite amazing! the process is exhausting!8p

shepherd
08-06-2006, 11:00 PM
:popcorn: ...........

Still in MD, just checking in. Haven't missed anything yet I see.

08-07-2006, 09:13 AM
sniff....snifff.....I think I smell a Monza......Hmmmmm.......I wonder.....

RexDog1
08-07-2006, 05:54 PM
UMP

did you do it?????????:headbang:

MarkP
08-07-2006, 05:57 PM
UMP

did you do it?????????:headbang: """
For the price of this ski, I had to jump on it and try it. I had the chance to ski a monza briefly and liked it a few weeks ago. I really want to try this. I hear what your saying mark, really I do. And I am not dissing your recommendations. I just have a itch to scratch with this ski. Eastie pointed this ski deal out to me, and its a great deal for a used Monza. If it dont work out, I wont have a problem selling it and getting my money back out of it. its not like I am dumping a grand on a ski here. If its not good for me, I can flip it for a used SIXAM. I do appreciate all your help on the ski thing. I just have to try this. :o""""

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=10746&page=19Looks like he went fer it!!