PDA

View Full Version : Will skiing stay on OLN when it becomes VS

Ryan
07-25-2006, 06:49 PM
The Outdoor Life Network is becoming Versus (VS). Does anyone know how much they are really changing their programming? Specifically if they will continue to air the Pro Wakeboard Tour, Kickin', club competitions etc...?????

All I know is from this article (http://adage.com/article?article_id=110709):
"OLN is expected to spend $7 million to $9 million in the fourth quarter on the rebranding campaign. Hockey will be the main focal point, but OLN also will promote its Professional Bull Riding competitions and hunting and fishing programming. Media buying remains with StarLink."

east tx skier
07-25-2006, 06:51 PM
Dish Network has been depriving me of OLN for a year now. Did I miss any skiing?

Ric
07-25-2006, 07:05 PM
Eastie, you missed the tour de france

I wondered the same thing when I saw the versus advertisement... Hey, they specifically stated some extreme and non-mainstream sports that would be shown, but did NOT mention waterskiing or wakeboarding ???

sanjuan23
07-25-2006, 07:58 PM
Man since we bought the boat in May I have been checking OLN thinking that would be my best bet for seeing some cool stuff, but to no avail. Been really wishing I could come home and watch people ski and ride for the rest of the evening. Sure would take the edge of the day off without the Miller's..

betsy&david Harrison
07-25-2006, 08:23 PM
I think our best bet for watersports now is the WaterChannel. B

richardsoncd
07-26-2006, 11:36 AM
When does OLN show skiing...I have been looking for it, but no luck

Ric
07-26-2006, 11:43 AM
I think our best bet for watersports now is the WaterChannel. B
Is the waterchannel on time warner cable??

betsy&david Harrison
07-26-2006, 01:37 PM
Is the waterchannel on time warner cable??
We get it through Dish Net. so I'm not sure cuz I don't pay attn to those details. Anyone else know?

Ryan
07-26-2006, 02:29 PM
The PWT/FusionTV, Power Hour/Kickin' are both on regularly. I do a search every once in a while (TimeWarner) and catch some other skiing like show ski championships, the Nationals etc... Sometimes I search By Theme, then Water Sports or go to their websites.

chudson
07-28-2006, 09:16 AM
Last night on the water channel was the USA Water Ski show and part of the program was Bob Lapoint and Carl Roberge being inducted into the Hall of Fame. It was great seeing them again and hearing their stories. They're a couple of my favorites.

tommcat
07-28-2006, 09:41 AM
I've been watching a ton of boarding on Fuel TV. great channel