PDA

View Full Version : The Vote!

DrNautica
11-02-2004, 10:43 AM
Voting Experiences...

I made it to our polling place at 6:25AM this morning to a line of what was already approximately 200-250 people. The polls opened at 6:30. It took me two hours and 5 minutes (2:05 minutes) to do my civic duty. I'd venture a guess that the voter turnout this year may far exceed that of any other election in US history.

I'm not complaining. It was actually interesting to listen to all of the other folks in line talk about the line. (OK, it wasn't that interesting.) Without revealing my political affiliations, most of the folks who made it known for whom they would vote were for Kerry. Now, my question is this; I have a theory that Democrats tend to be more vocal and outwardly expressive (signs in yards/bumper stickers on cars) than do Republicans. Does anyone else see any truth in this observation or am I seeing things?

east tx skier
11-02-2004, 10:47 AM
Not in this part of Texas. Republicans have the Democrats beat on yard signs here.

OhioProstar
11-02-2004, 11:24 AM
I would agree with you Doc. Around here Union members can come in late to vote. I got to our voting spot around the same time and had about 50 people in front of me. Normally you would breeze in and out.

jimmer2880
11-02-2004, 11:35 AM
I noticed about 4x the amount of people voting here.

Maybe everyone is just voting early this year? Or is it "vote early - vote often" as I heard from the news that I believe someone from the Kerry campain said.

MD is usually a very Democrat state. But I've noticed many more Rep signs this year. I still think MD is going to fall to the Dem's... but we're going to make them earn it this year!