PDA

View Full Version : Dale Hollow next week-end?

Mag_Red
07-24-2006, 09:11 AM
Any TMC members going to be there??? I have the annual family outing to Sunset dock going on. First beer at Moogies is on me:toast:

weskix4
07-24-2006, 10:27 PM
My family and friends will be there on Friday for a week. We will be out of Eagle Cove and more than likely tied off in Fanny's Creek. :)

Mag_Red
07-24-2006, 10:48 PM
I'll have to look on my Lake map to see where that is. Sunset is on the East end of the lake

Hoosier Bob
07-24-2006, 10:51 PM
Threadjack! Lisa just asked who was online. I said a bunch of dumbarses! She said: So Mag is online!8p

Mag_Red
07-24-2006, 10:57 PM
Threadjack! Lisa just asked who was online. I said a bunch of dumbarses! She said: So Mag is online!8p:rolleyes: I called you guys about 1/2 hour ago.......you screening your calls again?8p

Hoosier Bob
07-24-2006, 11:10 PM
No the dumb you know what with three freakin cordless phones can't figure out that one should be kept upstairs! Lazy is as lazy does! IT IS CORDLESS IT DON'T FIND YOU!:o :rolleyes: I called you guys about 1/2 hour ago.......you screening your calls again?8p

MarkP
07-25-2006, 12:49 AM
No the dumb you know what with three freakin cordless phones can't figure out that one should be kept upstairs! Lazy is as lazy does! IT IS CORDLESS IT DON'T FIND YOU!:o
LOL
You would have found it if it was a beer glass ringin!!:confused: !!

Cousin_Jeff
08-01-2006, 08:29 PM
Mag, do you mean the weekend of 8/4? If so, I am going to be there. I am camping at the campground at the bottom of the hill from Moogies. I'll be up there Friday around 3pm if you want to meet up. I don't think the rest of the crowd I am meeting will be up there until later Friday night.

I'll be in the red Prostar 197 that is in my signature. Wave me down if you see me.

Mag_Red
08-01-2006, 09:37 PM
Mag, do you mean the weekend of 8/4? If so, I am going to be there. I am camping at the campground at the bottom of the hill from Moogies. I'll be up there Friday around 3pm if you want to meet up. I don't think the rest of the crowd I am meeting will be up there until later Friday night.

I'll be in the red Prostar 197 that is in my signature. Wave me down if you see me.Jeff, we were down there last week-end...campsite 4. Rained like hell Friday night and lost the tent!:eek: Thank God Mom and Dad had room in the motor home. Saturday and Sunday were great! Some redneck, camped next to us, managed to get his prop caught in my one anchor line. ( had a bouy attached to it so can't figure how he didn't see it) Other than him tying to ruin the glassy water, we had a great Time!:wavey:

Cousin_Jeff
08-25-2006, 01:49 PM
Anyone going this weekend (8/25)? I will be out around Eagle Cove Marina if anyone sees a red 197. Leaving in a couple of hours. Can't wait.

Cousin_Jeff
05-24-2007, 01:59 PM
This thread is from last summer but it is applicable for me again this year. Getting ready to make my annual pilgrimage back to beautiful Dale Hollow Lake. I will be at Eagle's Cove the weekend of 6/2. Flag me down if you see us.

Cousin_Jeff
06-05-2007, 11:12 AM
Got back from Dale Hollow late yesterday. For those of you that have not been there, you are really missing out. We stayed at Eagles' Cove and those cabins were very nice. The thing I could not believe is that we were the ONLY people at the entire resort. I seriously think in the 4 days I was there, I maybe saw < 30 boats. We never had another boat in our way or had to share any ski spots. The lake was perfect. The water conditions were great since there was virtually no lake traffic. I have been going to DHL for 33 years and this weekend was the best I have ever seen it.

Went to Sunset for lunch on Saturday and saw a bunch of the Team Liquid sky ski boats.

With the exception of my battery dying on me and my wife hitting the trailer with the prop (ouch) it was a great weekend.

FYI - 93 Octane at Wolf River Marina is $3.99 / gal

Cousin_Jeff
06-05-2007, 11:18 AM
This was our resort. Note my truck is the only one you see at the entire place.

Mag_Red
06-05-2007, 11:42 AM
NIce picture Jeff. I love DHL! If it wasn't another 45 minute drive, and the marina's were nicer, I'd move "Ilean" down there. I believe our annual family outing is sometime in late July/ early August.:rolleyes:

6ballsisall
06-05-2007, 04:32 PM
Got back from Dale Hollow late yesterday. For those of you that have not been there, you are really missing out. We stayed at Eagles' Cove and those cabins were very nice. The thing I could not believe is that we were the ONLY people at the entire resort. I seriously think in the 4 days I was there, I maybe saw < 30 boats. We never had another boat in our way or had to share any ski spots. The lake was perfect. The water conditions were great since there was virtually no lake traffic. I have been going to DHL for 33 years and this weekend was the best I have ever seen it.

Went to Sunset for lunch on Saturday and saw a bunch of the Team Liquid sky ski boats.

With the exception of my battery dying on me and my wife hitting the trailer with the prop (ouch) it was a great weekend.

FYI - 93 Octane at Wolf River Marina is $3.99 / gal

CJ, how long of a drive from Marietta is that to DHL?? What part of Marietta are you leaving from??

captain planet
06-05-2007, 04:45 PM
A couple of families are headed down there this weekend from our boat club. They will be there from Sunday through Thursday.

Cousin_Jeff
06-05-2007, 04:52 PM
CJ, how long of a drive from Marietta is that to DHL?? What part of Marietta are you leaving from??

I live near Sprayberry High School near East Piedmont.

It took around 5.5 hours but we had to stop for small children and that takes forever for them to eat. I have made the trip pulling the boat in right around 4 hours.

OhioX14
06-05-2007, 05:03 PM
I see Eagle's Cove looks like a great place, anyone else have a favorite resort or preferred area of the lake?