PDA

View Full Version : you chicago boys

sizzler
07-24-2006, 08:02 AM
a very good friend of mine is going to chicago next week to work for a week.......needs some pointers as to what to do in the evening....staying in the OMNI Hotel on north michigan avenue.....

any ideas.............????

visiting your showroom eric is a no no:D

chudson
07-24-2006, 10:36 AM
I live way south of Chicago but some of the fun tourist traps are on Ontairio Ave. off Michigan Ave. near downtown. They are Ed Debevics(hamburgers and such), Gino's East( great deep dish pizza) , Hard Rock(hamburgers and such), . Then there's Harry Carays at 33W. Kinzie fine dining with tons on baseball memorbilia. My Favorite is Heaven on Seven behind Eddy Bauers on Michigan Ave., great cajun style food.
Plus theres the Billy Goat Tavern on lower Wacker at the bridge. This is the place John Belushi brought to light on Sat. Night live with " Cheesebuger, Cheesebuger, Cheesebuger, skit. Or if you want to take a tour http://www.grayline.com/franchise.cfm/action/details/id/24 .Then next weekend the Cubs and the Cardinal play in what is one of the biggest baseball rivalrys there is, good luck getting a ticket for that though. But the Chicago guys can probably fill you in on some better places.

sanjuan23
07-24-2006, 10:43 AM
:uglyhamme :uglyhamme

visiting your showroom eric is a no no:D[/QUOTE]

stevo137
07-24-2006, 10:46 AM
Quite a bit to do at Navy Pier.

http://www.navypier.com/

Workin' 4 Toys
07-24-2006, 12:20 PM
I took the family last week to this at Navy pier:
Cirque Shanghai (http://www.navypier.com/att_files/cirque_index.html)

It was at least as entertaining as Cirque Du Soleil.

What kind of things are they into?

Workin' 4 Toys
07-24-2006, 12:22 PM
Omni...................
Not up for the Drake, Palmer House or Hilton towers huh......;)

barefoot
07-24-2006, 12:39 PM
Head up to the top of the John Hancock building…Great views, good drinks….and it’s right on Michigan Ave. Otherwise, Cubbies games, take the architecture tour by boat, bum around on Michigan Ave, see Shed Aquarium, etc.

Workin' 4 Toys
07-24-2006, 12:50 PM
Cubs- W = 37 L = 60
Sox - W = 59 L = 38

Not that I am a baseball fan by any means, but the cubs are the last team I would recommend someone see......;)

Maristar210
07-24-2006, 01:01 PM
pusshaaw WFT. If you have never experienced the true feel of an old american ball park you owe it to yourself to visit. Sox are thugs.

When I go I Stay here

www.suttonplace.com

which is across from

www.hugosfrogbar.com

which is next to

www.gibsonssteakhouse.com

which is down rush street to

www.thelodge.com

which is where I go after

www.cubs.com

all here to survey at

www.rushanddivision.com

Course I just like to drink:toast:

Steve

Workin' 4 Toys
07-24-2006, 01:06 PM
I go to both parks, I am not a fan of baseball, so not very often. I do not cheer for either. I am still not sure why I go...
Next game I attend is the Sox in Aug. Why? I dunno....:confused:

chudson
07-24-2006, 04:33 PM
Ain't rivalries great, both Wrigley and US Celular are great fields to see a game at. You can go to Wrigley for a day game or night game then enjoy the night life afterward at Murphy's, The Cubbie Bear and many more places around the park till the wee hours. Or you can go to US Celluar and enjoy a day game or anight game but if you go at night you better be in the car and the get heck out of Dodge before the lights go out cause that part of town is not the safest!

stevo137
07-24-2006, 04:39 PM
Sizz, also tell your friend that he can enjoy a pint or two at Charlies Ale House on the pier. There is also a beer garden where they have live entertainment and some of the best looking ladies you will see walking by in summer attire. :D

Tom023
07-24-2006, 05:29 PM
I go to Wrigley every summer for a few games just to drink in the outfield bleechers. Makes no difference who's winning.

Get some ribs at Twin Anchors.

Workin' 4 Toys
07-25-2006, 12:29 AM
Or you can go to US Celluar and enjoy a day game or anight game but if you go at night you better be in the car and the get heck out of Dodge before the lights go out cause that part of town is not the safest!
Good point, make sure he KNOWS where he is going, and how to get there BEFORE leaving.

sizzler
07-25-2006, 03:39 AM
thanks lads.......perhaps i shoud've mentioned it before..but my friend is a slimmie...a very cute one at that.......she is going to a ball game next week ....but thats all thats planned for her.......i'll let her read the replies

barefoot
07-25-2006, 09:33 AM
Not that I am a baseball fan by any means, but the cubs are the last team I would recommend someone see......;)

You actually go for the game?!?! I wouldn't say I've actually watch the game. I go for the adult beverages :D

erkoehler
07-25-2006, 11:01 AM
thanks lads.......perhaps i shoud've mentioned it before..but my friend is a slimmie...a very cute one at that.......she is going to a ball game next week ....but thats all thats planned for her.......i'll let her read the replies

Does she ski?

Sounds like us Chicago folks need to setup a ski day for her....I'll provide the boat:D

sizzler
07-27-2006, 11:12 AM
she's not tried it yet eric........

thanks for the replies chaps......looks like she's filled up her "to do " list...

sizzler
08-01-2006, 09:19 AM
thx guys......she went to The Billy Goat Tavern on Whacker last night...loved it....tonight she is off to the cubs against arizona...got seats just behind home plate(whatever that is?)........

says its very hot and sticky.........hope shes talking about the weather:D

erkoehler
08-01-2006, 09:59 AM
100+ degrees the last 4 days....heat index over 110 degree;)

Workin' 4 Toys
08-01-2006, 11:36 AM
thx guys......she went to The Billy Goat Tavern on Whacker last night...loved it....tonight she is off to the cubs against arizona...got seats just behind home plate(whatever that is?)........

says its very hot and sticky.........hope shes talking about the weather:D
With these temps, she is probably hot and sticky, although I haven't seen her.........8p

sizzler
08-01-2006, 11:44 AM
LMAO:D

this mesage is too short

fletch_n_me
08-02-2006, 02:34 AM
Hey, I'm a Chi-town native and lived downtown for six years after college. Got a few good suggestions by Wrigleyville. Go to Roscoe and Wolcott (about 10 blocks west of the field) and visit Four Moon Tavern. You will love the food and cocktails but you may be surprised by the locals; a lot of pretty famous folks hang out there on a nightly basis.

If you want some history in your pocket, jump a cab north to Green Mill (broadway). World class Jazz and Blues but the bar was owned by Capone. If you ask the bartender, they will show you the trap doors. BTW, the booths are still original so you can actually read about who sat where you did.

If you are hungry? Twin Anchors is on N. Sedgwick and was frequented by Sinatra and the rest of the rat pack. Still claims to be the best ribs in chicago...
http://www.twinanchorsribs.com/our_restaurant.html

Anyway, have fun and wander. I miss my city but it is amazing to visit.J

Maristar210
08-02-2006, 08:51 AM
Sizzler,

the Cubs won the game. Did your friend give you a report yet?

Steve

sizzler
08-02-2006, 09:09 AM
she said it was great....very good atmosphere.....had a hebrew hotdog..and some beers..no Old Style,just bud light.......went to the cubby bear afterwards...got very drunk..........

chudson
08-02-2006, 09:29 AM
Hey Jason & Fletch, It's always great to hear about a new place to eat at around Chicago, Thanks.

chudson
08-02-2006, 09:37 AM
[she said it was great....very good atmosphere.....had a hebrew hotdog..and some beers..no Old Style,just bud light.......went to the cubby bear afterwards...got very drunk..........]

Glad to hear she had a great time, Chicago is a super town to eat, drink, and have a good time in!!!

Workin' 4 Toys
08-02-2006, 11:54 AM
Sizzler, we are still looking for some hot and sticky pics......;)

sizzler
08-02-2006, 12:40 PM
so am i WFT...so am i:D

sizzler
08-02-2006, 12:50 PM
she's off for a pizza tonight.....giordano's or something......

Workin' 4 Toys
08-02-2006, 01:12 PM
she's off for a pizza tonight.....giordano's or something......
Hmmmmmmmmm...Which one, and what time.....:rolleyes:

sizzler
08-03-2006, 09:16 AM
she never made it.......stayed in some bar called hawkeyes and got drunk instead.......thats every night this week.....my kinda gal.....she's gonna go for lunch today instead.....