PDA

View Full Version : XPC Shaft Seal

SoCalBrew
07-23-2006, 04:52 AM
Does anyone have any experience with this seal - XPC Shaft Seal from OJ? I am wondering if I can use it on my 1990 ProStar 190 Powerslot? I am getting a bit more water in than I would like to have, and it would be nice to move over to a dripless. At this point, I am not sure how to determine if all the water is actually come from the shaft, or elsewhere, but like everything else in the boat, I'm sure it needs a spruce up as well. Pretty much have had to update almost every servicable part in the engine... but it is running so smooth now. Lastly, I noticed that my exhaust manifolds dont have any gaskets in them... is this usual?

Thanks,

Tom

Tom023
07-23-2006, 06:39 PM
I put one in my boat and haven't had a drip of water. Replaced the rubber cutlass bearing with the XPC ones as well and the whole drivetrain is smoother, quieter and I can easily turn the prop, without the two hand method I needed before. Fairly easy install if you are mechanically inclined, and I did it on a V-drive so yours should be easier.

46Chief
04-27-2013, 09:33 AM
Instead of starting a new thread i thought I'd bump this.

I was wondering the advantages of the drip seal vs the old style packing. Considering 170.00 vs 18.00 I'm thinking the lower price tag would be worth a little extra maintenance,

What's the big deal if there is some water in the bilge,? It's not like a ski boat stays dry anyway. I'm also referring to a direct drive boat. I can see why the v-drives would be nice to not have to work on.