PDA

View Full Version : High Fly Skylon question

boyd
07-22-2006, 11:32 PM
First of all I appreciate this forum and you guys answering my previous questions. I feel smarter from just reading others. Anyway ...
I just bought this boat about 3 weeks ago and prior to this one I had a tower on a brendella. Now I have a skylon. Stainless. I have a few questions. First of all the guy gave me the skyon and the board rack with the boat. 91 prostar 190 390 hrs. and I love it. Question ....
#1. My ski pole built in the boat has a tad of play in it. about 1/4 "
I tried to tighten the bolts thru the buildge but no luck.
#2. When I put the pylon on the pole it's a little lose and the bolts on the inside of the pylon side down on top of my pole and scratches it.
#3. How tight should the cable be. Right now my son has to push on the top of the skyon for me to get enough slack to clip it in the D ring.
$4 When I put the rack on, that thing rocks like no bodies business from side to side. Probably about 8" in each direction. Of course my wife is in the back scared to death.
I know that's alot of questions I would appreciate some help.
BOYD.

Footin
07-23-2006, 12:48 AM
To keep mine from from scratching the top of my pylon I shove a waded up washcloth in the skylon to pad the top of the pylon.

JohnnyB
07-23-2006, 07:41 PM
did you tighten all the bolts....U bolts through the angle iron, bolts to plate in bottom of hull, and bolts that hold angle iron to the stringers.

You may wish to reinforce it like someone else did on this site....do some searches...there was someone who beefed it up with some more iron.

JohnnyB
07-23-2006, 08:41 PM
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=1855&highlight=pylon+iron

Here's the link to the pics of someone who reinforced their pylon...

boyd
07-23-2006, 11:50 PM
John B. thanks alot. I guess I should search the site. Most of my new questions have probably been answered in the past since I'm new and learning.

JohnnyB
07-24-2006, 01:38 PM
John B. thanks alot. I guess I should search the site. Most of my new questions have probably been answered in the past since I'm new and learning.

Sometimes things can be difficult to find and it helps to remember the context or who posted it or something.....

I was looking at doing this on my 1992PS190 and remembered the original post pretty well.

If you do this, take pics and post, OK