PDA

View Full Version : Valencia MC Dealer in So CA

Ryan
07-21-2006, 06:20 PM
How long have these guys been around? http://championwatersports.com/
I saw they had MCs up on Boattrader. Last I knew it was only OnTheEdge (San Diego) and CASkier (Elsinore). Interesting lineup of brands: MC, Azure (who?), and two pontoons brands. Anyone been to thier showroom. Curious how much inventory they have to peruse.

That pit-stop will slow me down on the way to Betsy's. Maybe on the way back that is...

rodltg2
07-21-2006, 06:31 PM
speakin of betsy's when are you guys going next? i have to make a trip down to visalia soon.

betsy&david Harrison
07-21-2006, 07:23 PM
Well boys, I'm thinking September. We have family up the weekend of the 28th and then the following week we will be up at Rollins Lake off the I-80. Hey, I just thought of something. How about the week during the Nationals. I will be there from Monday afternoon on. The Open class skiers will ski on Wednesday on Lake 2 at Ski West. That day slalom begins at 7am and the first off the dock will be G2, followed by Open Women and lastly the Open Men. It's up to you if you want to come on out. Just let me know. PM me and I maybe able to tell you more. B

rodltg2
07-21-2006, 10:53 PM
i live on the way to rollins, i fo you want to take a set before heading up

SoCalBrew
07-22-2006, 12:31 AM
WOW... wow... Im less than a mile from it... Had no clue it was there... apparently it just opened up. (July 1st according to their web-site). That area is so new, I didn't think any business was happening yet in that business park.

I'm going to check it out first thing in the morning, and I'll let you know what I find. (I need to pick up a new prop).

betsy&david Harrison
07-22-2006, 01:08 AM
i live on the way to rollins, i fo you want to take a set before heading up
Why don't you meet us there?

SoCalBrew
07-22-2006, 06:17 PM
Stopped by there just a few minutes ago, the owners Rick and Mike are pretty nice guys. They've been dealers elsewhere selling other boats in the past. They only have a few MC boats in their building right now... one is already sold... The building they are currently in is going to end up being their service/parts department (to open around March '07) , and a new showroom will open up (a little closer to the 5/126 interchange) in the spring.

Looks like they are on to a good thing... but it is just early. No props or parts on hand yet. I have a felling we'll be hearing a lot from them!

betsy&david Harrison
07-22-2006, 07:00 PM
This is great information because if we ever need work done on the boat, Valencia is much closer than Riverside.

SoCalBrew
07-22-2006, 07:05 PM
They said that they would be open sooner for service, but that MC is slow to get them parts... scheduled them for March 07... but they seem committed to make MC have a huge presence in Santa Clarita - or Norther LA for that matter.

As for the other boats they sell... never heard of them :)

SoCalBrew
09-11-2006, 03:25 AM
Just bought an X-15 from them... Mike, Ric, Kevin, Daniel are all really good guys to deal with. LOVE the boat and love the location of the dealer, just off the 5 at the 126 (right now you have to drive around until the connector is opened).

They are doing deals at Costco (believe it or not), and are showing boats that have complete packages at unbelievable prices. I think their next showing at Costco is in Simi Valley coming up in a few weeks. I would check it out if you are considering. The boats they are selling there are going really fast.

Hoping to get some slalom lessons from Mike as he is a past national champion and Pro Tour waterskier.

Ryan
09-11-2006, 02:03 PM
I was in San Diego for a week and thought I'd swing out to the MC dealer and sit in some new boats. I called up Mike Cardoni at CA Skier to see if they'd give me the SD #. Mike said they won't have much or anything in stock as they are no longer going to sell MC's (either opting out or being outed as a MC dealer). CA Skier is taking over the SD territory (with the new dealer in Castaic this makes sense) and are getting a second facility close to Mission Bay to service the SD folks...

Anyone else heard this?

SoCalBrew
03-23-2007, 03:21 PM
The guys just moved their shop over to a HUGE facility. Looks really nice. They have a bunch of boats now and service has become a big part of their operation. I can't recommend these guys highly enough! When it got really cold over the winter, they had me bring my boat in just to be safe (I was trying to ski year around and not winterize)... they check it all out to make sure everything was cool... a HUGE goodwill gesture on their part.

They are now offering dry indoor storage year round... with a concierge type service... It is a bit pricey at $300, but, I am considering it.

http://championwatersports.com/

G-man
03-23-2007, 03:29 PM
Azure is a brand of fiberglass boat built by the pontoon company Bennington. They are a nice design but hard to service because of how they are built. IMO

SoCalBrew
03-25-2007, 12:13 PM
Yes, they DO sell Azure... BUT they really MC focused... as is evidence by their showroom! I'm interested to see what ski and wakeboard lines they will be carrying shortly.

Tom

betsy&david Harrison
03-25-2007, 12:28 PM
How do we get there from Ventua? 126 to the 5 and then what?

SoCalBrew
03-26-2007, 11:55 PM
If you are heading east on the 126... Don't get off at the 5... stay on and go past the 5. Take your first right (the only way to go - for the moment) onto Vanderbilt Way, and then follow it around to the left onto Avenue Stanford. Take Ave. Stanford through Rye Canyon and then curve to the left and Champion will be on your right...25562 - tell Mike, Rick, or Daniel I sent ya! (Great Guys!)

http://championwatersports.com/map_hours.asp

Tom

betsy&david Harrison
03-27-2007, 10:20 AM
If you are heading east on the 126... Don't get off at the 5... stay on and go past the 5. Take your first right (the only way to go - for the moment) onto Vanderbilt Way, and then follow it around to the left onto Avenue Stanford. Take Ave. Stanford through Rye Canyon and then curve to the left and Champion will be on your right...25562 - tell Mike, Rick, or Daniel I sent ya! (Great Guys!)

Tom
Thank-you soooo much. I was looking in the wrong area everytime we came home from the lake.

betsy&david Harrison
03-27-2007, 10:20 AM

Tom
Thank-you soooo much. I was looking in the wrong area everytime we came home from the lake.