PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft outlook problems

Upper Michigan Prostar190
07-21-2006, 04:52 PM
Hey I cant download my emails from my ISP. I can check them on their homepage, but its a pain. My outlook wont download them. Everyone else at work can on their computer, but not me. I did the critical updates that my ISP advised for Winders, and then I did some MS Office update too. no dice, still the same prob. My ISP says its an outlook issue. Any ideas of how to fix this?? I just keep getting "send/recieve error" on my screen. :(

bcampbe7
07-21-2006, 04:57 PM
Hey I cant download my emails from my ISP. I can check them on their homepage, but its a pain. My outlook wont download them. Everyone else at work can on their computer, but not me. I did the critical updates that my ISP advised for Winders, and then I did some MS Office update too. no dice, still the same prob. My ISP says its an outlook issue. Any ideas of how to fix this?? I just keep getting "send/recieve error" on my screen. :(

Check to make sure that your smtp incoming and outgoing server is set correctly.
Or...undo the Office updates. Or try a repair on office.

07-21-2006, 06:00 PM
I checked the settings beau, so did my ISP. Lakey and I tried a bunch of stuff over the phone too, but no dice. I think its @$&*!!!:(

bcampbe7
07-21-2006, 06:08 PM
If Lake couldn't fix ya up then you may be screwed. :(

LakePirate
07-21-2006, 06:12 PM
I don't know what the deal is. I had an issue the other week with my ISP blocking port 25 and thought that might be it, but he is using the ISPs pop account on their line and everything I read on their site is using the defaults. If need be I can build a VPN for him to log into my network and try to access it from here with his pc to eliminate his pc from the problem, but that may take me a while to do.

zberger
07-21-2006, 06:13 PM
when you check your outlook settings, and click the test button what happens?

did you recently make a password change?

LakePirate
07-21-2006, 06:14 PM

The test button works.

It is sending the mail to his ISP and he can go to the Web and see them. He just can't get it from the server back to his inbox.

bcampbe7
07-21-2006, 06:15 PM

...or did Outlook lose your username and password?

bcampbe7
07-21-2006, 06:16 PM
The test button works.

It is sending the mail to his ISP and he can go to the Web and see them. He just can't get it from the server back to his inbox.

oooooooohhhhhhh... So he can send from Outlook but not receive?

Can he ping the pop.whatever.com server?

LakePirate
07-21-2006, 06:20 PM
oooooooohhhhhhh... So he can send from Outlook but not receive?

Can he ping the pop.whatever.com server?

I say that. He does have an email in his outbox that won't send so I don't know. Thought it might be a bit much to load funk proxy on his pc

He can get to the internet and I can ping the server. There are others at his office that can send/recieve email fine.

smtp.up.net
pop.up.net

LakePirate
07-21-2006, 06:21 PM
...or did Outlook lose your username and password?

Had him to remove the account in outlook and rebuild it.

No dice

07-21-2006, 06:22 PM
Nope never change anything. it just stopped working yesterday.....

bcampbe7
07-21-2006, 06:38 PM
Nope never change anything. it just stopped working yesterday.....

After the updates?

If so, I would uninstall the updates.

07-22-2006, 03:26 PM
Beau, Got your voice mail message later in the day while I was heading out skiing. Thanks for the call, I didnt mean to be rude and not call you back, but I was out at the lake skiing. Thanks!

tex
07-22-2006, 08:53 PM
Task 'pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

I'm getting this and no emails....any help?

LakePirate
07-23-2006, 08:18 PM
Task 'pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

I'm getting this and no emails....any help?

When did it start?
Can you send email?
Did you download any updates?

Hey UMP did that other update file work?
That has to be it.

milkmania
07-23-2006, 08:40 PM
UMP, have you tried having someone YOU trust creating the account on THEIR computer? username & password..... then seeing if they can send and receive. I've seen it work quite a bit, and if it works you'll know it's something weird like firewall settings, anti-virus programs, etc...... you also mentioned you were using Outlook instead of Outlook Express.... have you tried creating your account in Outlook Express?

tex
07-23-2006, 08:43 PM
I can send. I get that when I'm receiving and it times out. I have increased my time to 10 minutes and I still get that.

milkmania
07-23-2006, 08:48 PM
something I don't understand.....
when I set up a couple of my old accounts, I used "mail.alltel.net & mail.clnk.com" and the incoming and outgoing protocols.

but, you're sure it's supposed to be pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com???

milkmania
07-23-2006, 08:53 PM
found something else that might help.......

go here ---> http://www.esells.com/faq.asp#2

go down to the red text:
This info was found on the Internet and seems to work for those using SBC DSL

milkmania
07-23-2006, 08:56 PM
Add your e-mail addresses to Outlook

* Open Outlook
* Click on the menu "Tools", then "Accounts"
* Click "Add", "Mail"
* Enter your name
* Enter your full email address assigned by eSells.com
* Select "POP3" server type or "IMAP" if you want the mail to stay on the server.
* POP3/IMAP server is safemail.esells.com
* SMTP server is safemail.esells.com
* Press "Next" button
* Your account name is your full email address (example: sales@esells.com)
* Your assigned password
* Select your connection method
* Click "Finished"
* Now click on the email account
* Click "Properties"
* Click on the "Servers" tab
* Check the box "My server requires authentication" at the bottom, if this is not done you will receive but can't send e-mail. * Press OK
* Your done!

milkmania
07-23-2006, 09:32 PM
something I don't understand.....
when I set up a couple of my old accounts, I used "mail.alltel.net & mail.clnk.com" and the incoming and outgoing protocols.

but, you're sure it's supposed to be pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com???

nevermind.....http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/images/smilies/redface.gif

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011133121033.aspx

07-24-2006, 02:18 PM
this is what it says

Task 'pop.up.net - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8004060C) : 'Unknown Error 0x8004060C'

I tried the "detect and repair" feature on outlook and no dice. I dont have outlook express on here. any other ideas??

LakePirate
07-24-2006, 02:19 PM
I didn't ask you this the other day, are you using the same laptop at home and the office? Does it not work in either place?

bcampbe7
07-24-2006, 02:21 PM
You may have already covered this, but is Windows Firewall blocking smtp?

Disable Windows firewall, and any other firewall (Zone Alarm) you have, and see if it works.

LakePirate
07-24-2006, 02:26 PM
UMP you have a PM.

I set you up an email account on my email server and we will see if it will work. That should help us determine if it is email account setup or outlook.

07-25-2006, 03:31 PM
well that didnt work lakey:( Thanks for your help!!!!

I also removed MS Office, and shut down, reinstalled, and no dice. same error!:mad:

This is (*&*&^#$ me off!!! any more ideas?

07-25-2006, 05:19 PM
THANKS BEAU!!!!

Its working!!!!:D :D :D

TMCNo1
07-25-2006, 06:58 PM
THANKS BEAU!!!!

Its working!!!!

Ok, keep us guessing, HOW DID YOU FIX IT! Just leave us puter dummies hanging like a teeage single mother with a new baby and no breast milk!:eek: :D 8p

07-25-2006, 08:50 PM
Beau had me do some funky file swapping stuff. It was like a James Bond movie or somthin!:cool: I was imagining my email had been hacked by some evil scientist type henchman and Beau was skiing through the alps flying off mountains with a parachute in his backpack whiel stealing the secret rocket formula from Boris and Natasha, and I was in communicado at Q's office trying to crack the secret code on my computer with him via his shoe phone, and the russians were about to attack him when I was able to crack the code and change his coordinates saving his arse, and then the phone rang at my desk and my boss said HEY! I need you to get this paperwork done!:o

bcampbe7
07-25-2006, 09:13 PM
Beau had me do some funky file swapping stuff. It was like a James Bond movie or somthin!:cool: I was imagining my email had been hacked by some evil scientist type henchman and Beau was skiing through the alps flying off mountains with a parachute in his backpack whiel stealing the secret rocket formula from Boris and Natasha, and I was in communicado at Q's office trying to crack the secret code on my computer with him via his shoe phone, and the russians were about to attack him when I was able to crack the code and change his coordinates saving his arse, and then the phone rang at my desk and my boss said HEY! I need you to get this paperwork done!:o

That's pretty much how I was thinking on my end of the line too.:D

For those that want to know. In Outlook 2002, the .pst files can be no larger than 2 GB. UMP's was right at that point. I had him create a new personal folder, rename the old one, and then rename the new one to the old filename.

Opened Outlook and all is fine.

07-25-2006, 09:48 PM
Yea, what he said!:D