PDA

View Full Version : Another usless time killer!

SkiDog
07-21-2006, 01:18 PM
http://www.pibmug.com/files/map_test.swf
>

SKI*MC
07-21-2006, 02:00 PM
haha! Dangit!

SkiDog
07-21-2006, 02:08 PM
Got em' all ---- on the third try!

ski_king
07-21-2006, 02:09 PM
I passed the third grade first try (this time)

Did you notice UMPLAND is not considered a state on that map. I bet UMP will never pass that test.

LakePirate
07-21-2006, 02:24 PM
I passed the third grade first try (this time)

Did you notice UMPLAND is not considered a state on that map. I bet UMP will never pass that test.

It is it's own country now. UMP Sith Lord of Yooper Land, they seceded from the Union about 2 weeks ago amid all of the crisis in the middle east so it wouldn't be front page news.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
07-21-2006, 03:13 PM
Yea, imagine that! we dont even exist......were have I heard that before

TMCNo1
07-21-2006, 03:17 PM
No! Well good, didn't even get to daycare, before I had my hand up some little girl's skirt and won "Best of Show and Tell"!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
07-21-2006, 03:27 PM
It is it's own country now. UMP Sith Lord of Yooper Land, they seceded from the Union about 2 weeks ago amid all of the crisis in the middle east so it wouldn't be front page news.
so howd you know?:eek:

I like it "Sith Lord of Yooperland". :) Just like the Deputy of Rock Ridge, "sith lord of yooperland" may turn out to be a groovy position!:cool:

Who wants to be my apprentice? I mean that in a Jedi way, not a Donald Trump way.

east tx skier
07-21-2006, 04:19 PM
No comment. I got the ones that mattered though.

atlfootr
07-21-2006, 11:40 PM
Published Wednesday, July 12, 2006

4 Rescued Hikers Had to Avoid Gators
The men got lost in the woods and waded through six miles of swamp.

By PATRINA A. BOSTIC
New York Times Regional Newspapers

PUNTA GORDA -- Four men set out on a leisurely weekend hike and ended up lost in the woods, wading through six miles of swamp and trying to avoid alligators.

"I was very scared when I realized I was lost. I've never seen so many alligators. We counted eight to 10 alligators," Tim Oates, 31, said Monday. "It looked like they were trying to creep closer. There were four good guys there to eat."

The four men wandered through the swamp for 10 hours before being rescued.

Oates and his three friends, David Birchfield, 50, Steven Lane, 19, of Port Charlotte, and David Rogers, 44, of Arcadia, started their hike in the woods near Oates' home on Hampshire Avenue in Fort Ogden.

When it began to get dark Saturday, the men became disoriented and found themselves in the Peace River in water up to their chests.

The men called 911 on a cell phone but couldn't tell authorities where they were because they had waded through miles of swamp, walking away from where they had started.

Deputies brought two sheriff's dogs to help track the men, and turned on sirens and lights. They kept in touch with the men by cell phone, asking if they could hear the sound or see the lights.

"They could not advise (of) any land markers and lost their direction," DeSoto County sheriff's Deputy Clifton Brown said in a report.

Next, officers called Nextel and were able to get the men's exact location through the cell phone system.

Authorities from surrounding counties assisted with the search.

A Charlotte County helicopter hovered in the area until an officer spotted the men in the water.

Officers from the Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission picked the men up by airboat and brought them to shore.

The men, who work for Marine Contracting Group, started the hike about 2 p.m. and were rescued about midnight.

When it got dark, they dug into their wallets and burned what they could find to start a fire, hoping they would be spotted by authorities.

Oates said they started burning all the paper they could find in their wallets and then started burning $1 bills.

"We burned our credit cards," said Birchfield.

By the time officers found them, the men had started a small bonfire.

Birchfield looked back on the incident with resignation and embarrassment. He said his friend Oates assured them that he knew his way around and they wouldn't get lost.

"I feel so foolish getting caught in a situation like that," Birchfield said.

Patrina Bostic writes for the Herald-Tribune in Sarasota.

SkiDog
04-20-2009, 07:35 PM
Published Wednesday, July 12, 2006

4 Rescued Hikers Had to Avoid Gators
The men got lost in the woods and waded through six miles of swamp.

By PATRINA A. BOSTIC
New York Times Regional Newspapers

PUNTA GORDA -- Four men set out on a leisurely weekend hike and ended up lost in the woods, wading through six miles of swamp and trying to avoid alligators.

"I was very scared when I realized I was lost. I've never seen so many alligators. We counted eight to 10 alligators," Tim Oates, 31, said Monday. "It looked like they were trying to creep closer. There were four good guys there to eat."

The four men wandered through the swamp for 10 hours before being rescued.

Oates and his three friends, David Birchfield, 50, Steven Lane, 19, of Port Charlotte, and David Rogers, 44, of Arcadia, started their hike in the woods near Oates' home on Hampshire Avenue in Fort Ogden.

When it began to get dark Saturday, the men became disoriented and found themselves in the Peace River in water up to their chests.

The men called 911 on a cell phone but couldn't tell authorities where they were because they had waded through miles of swamp, walking away from where they had started.

Deputies brought two sheriff's dogs to help track the men, and turned on sirens and lights. They kept in touch with the men by cell phone, asking if they could hear the sound or see the lights.

"They could not advise (of) any land markers and lost their direction," DeSoto County sheriff's Deputy Clifton Brown said in a report.

Next, officers called Nextel and were able to get the men's exact location through the cell phone system.

Authorities from surrounding counties assisted with the search.

A Charlotte County helicopter hovered in the area until an officer spotted the men in the water.

Officers from the Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission picked the men up by airboat and brought them to shore.

The men, who work for Marine Contracting Group, started the hike about 2 p.m. and were rescued about midnight.

When it got dark, they dug into their wallets and burned what they could find to start a fire, hoping they would be spotted by authorities.

Oates said they started burning all the paper they could find in their wallets and then started burning $1 bills.

"We burned our credit cards," said Birchfield.

By the time officers found them, the men had started a small bonfire.

Birchfield looked back on the incident with resignation and embarrassment. He said his friend Oates assured them that he knew his way around and they wouldn't get lost.

"I feel so foolish getting caught in a situation like that," Birchfield said.

Patrina Bostic writes for the Herald-Tribune in Sarasota.

How in the hell does this post belong in THIS thread?:confused:

TMCNo1
04-20-2009, 08:41 PM
How in the hell does this post belong in THIS thread?:confused:

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSfox000)
I quit asking myself those questions, cause I still wouldn't understand even if I knew the truth.
He must have been killing some useless time!:rolleyes::D

PapaJoe
04-20-2009, 09:00 PM
This site is pretty fun................

http://fantasticcontraption.com/

ProStar190Fan
04-21-2009, 10:38 PM
I cant get maine to work with the map quiz thing :confused:

maybe its just me

Tom

TMCNo1
04-21-2009, 10:48 PM
I cant get maine to work with the map quiz thing :confused:

maybe its just me

Tom

It's because maine don't have any gators in their swamps to try and eat you when and if you get lost while your out hiking!:rolleyes: