PDA

View Full Version : "Gill fix this" written on hull

rtsydup
07-20-2006, 11:13 PM
I was under my 05 197 yesterday and on the black hull was what looks like wax pencil writing with the words: "Gill fix this" The circle was drawn around the prop shaft on the gel coat as it enters the hull. Does any one have any idea what this might mean if anything. I have always thought that my bildge was wetter than most and now this make me wonder.........:(

kdr
07-21-2006, 12:16 AM
When I went through the factory, every boat got a very through inspection. I saw lots of wax pencil marks that highlighted "imperfections" in the gel coat that needed to be fixed. These were all details that were so minor that I would have never noticed them if they hadn't been pointed out. I had to ask what was wrong on a few of them. It may be just a gel coat issue that the untrained eye can't see. It does suck that they missed it though.

Tom023
07-21-2006, 08:00 AM
Better than missing the inspection process all together like my boat must have. I had gel coat imperfections so bad a blind man could see them :(

peason
07-21-2006, 08:12 AM
I would take a digital picture of it and consult your dealer. They could have missed something and it's best to get it taken care of right away.

Ric
07-21-2006, 08:33 AM
ya I would have that looked at just because the QC note is still there

for reference, my 05 197 gets NO water in the bilge until someone wet gets in the boat or someone drains the ice chest (not sayin that there should be NO water seepage, or that mine is normal, but that gives you something to go by)

3event
07-21-2006, 09:13 AM
Definitely document it via dig camera and get it checked out.

And/or call the MC Factory and ask to speak to Gill. Tell 'em you have a note for him. Then you can find out what Gill's job is ! :)
(I'm only half kidding!)

jlf
07-21-2006, 09:31 AM
It could be nothing but I too would inquire about it and see what it meant. Whatever it is, it sounds like something was missed at the factory. They due use those white grease pensils to mark imperfections in the gel coat, I was amazed at how many marks there are on a new boat, I had to almost cry. Then when you see the finished product it is amazing they can fix all those spots up to look perfect. I have to say our gel coat it almost flawless.

TMCNo1
07-21-2006, 10:33 AM
Those QC grease pencil marks are removed at the factory before shipping, if a correction to the marked area has been completed. Take pictures of the area and take the boat to the dealer and show markings and the area to him. At the same time contact Greg Clower [MC Customer Relations][gregory.clower@mastercraft.com] and consult with him on the situation and send him pictures. Let Greg know you are consulting the dealer and let the dealer know you are consulting Greg, that way no one can evade the issue and you will have all the bases covered!

rtsydup
07-21-2006, 12:30 PM
Thanks all for the help. I am initiating the process and will document by digital camera.

Ric
07-21-2006, 12:50 PM
"Gill no longer works here"

LakePirate
07-21-2006, 12:51 PM
You can buy his t-shirt on ebay.

Ric
07-21-2006, 12:52 PM
Thanks all for the help. I am initiating the process and will document by digital camera.

Do yourself a favor and have the dealer install the 06 rudder when you drop off the boat! You won't believe the difference! Something tells me that if QC missed a detail like that, somebody at MC might just do you a comp on an 06 rudder swap just to make you the happiest owner on earth.

east tx skier
07-21-2006, 03:03 PM
"Gill no longer works here"

I heard he didn't meet his sales quota.

http://www.the-simpsons.hpg.ig.com.br/figuras/gil.jpg

rodltg2
07-21-2006, 03:05 PM
you should see the stuff written in red pencil under grnaite countertops.. ! for some reason my fabricators think its a canvas....

ski_king
07-21-2006, 03:21 PM
So does it look like there is a problem there or did Gill fix it and they missed the pencil on the bottom of the boat at cleanup?

rodltg2
07-21-2006, 03:31 PM
thanks bud , it just isnt a complete day without getting insulted on team talk!

Ric
07-21-2006, 03:35 PM
thanks bud , it just isnt a complete day without getting insulted on team talk!

now THAT is funny!

east tx skier
07-21-2006, 04:04 PM
I missed the insult.

rodltg2
07-21-2006, 04:23 PM
i guess he edited it. it wasnt a big insult... i was just pretending to over sensitive.... no offense takin ski king...!

east tx skier
07-21-2006, 04:33 PM
I almost photoshopped something on a granite-looking background. Rod, better to fake be overly sensitive than to be insensitive I always say. ;)