PDA

View Full Version : Weekly ski club?

erkoehler
07-20-2006, 03:44 PM
Ok guys, I am tossing around the idea of starting a weekly ski club. I wanted to find out what you think of the idea and if you would come out.

There would be either a weekly fee, or a one time fee in the beginning of the season to cover the cost of such a venture. Basically the fee would cover a USA waterski membership, boat gas, T-shirt, and other expenses.

east tx skier
07-20-2006, 03:52 PM
Obviously, I'm too far away to join, but our ski club dues are separate from the USAWS membership, which is required only for insurance purposes the way I understand it. I pay $50 per year and supply boat/gas. This includes a free hamburger, no tshirt, and use of the slalom course.

erkoehler
07-20-2006, 03:55 PM
The slalom course/water that we would use is public, and Chicago MasterCraft would supply the boat.

stevo137
07-20-2006, 04:18 PM
Sounds like a great option for me at this time Erk. I PM'd you my info.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
07-20-2006, 05:24 PM
I love the idea Erk, but I cant see me driving 10 hrs to ski there

Rockman
07-20-2006, 07:16 PM
I love the idea Erk, but I cant see me driving 10 hrs to ski there

Quit your B*tching and get down here and foot with us UMP.:D

I'm kinda getting sick and tired of this whole "I have a long drive bit." :D

07-20-2006, 09:16 PM
Quit your B*tching and get down here and foot with us UMP.

I'm kinda getting sick and tired of this whole "I have a long drive bit."
Shut up Rockman!:D if your sick of hearing me whine, then drive your arse up here to get me, or come up here Footin!:D I dont have a BF200, but I will do the best I can with my PS190 to tow ya. or you can tow yours up here! Why dont you and Erk make a trip up? He goes to Eagle River often, I am only 2 hours away from there. or I can drive down to meet you clowns!:)

jlf
07-21-2006, 10:01 AM
There is a ski club in the Milwaukee area I know of they pay by the times you show up. Might make it more appealing to some who can't commit to a once a week thing, might make them feel as though they aren't wasting their money. Just my two cents

I'd love to join as long as it is thurs nights and about 4.5 hours closer.

stevo137
07-21-2006, 10:34 AM
There is a ski club in the Milwaukee area I know of they pay by the times you show up. Might make it more appealing to some who can't commit to a once a week thing, might make them feel as though they aren't wasting their money. Just my two cents

Great point. I definitely cannot make it every week. I also like the idea of moving around to a few different lakes once in awhile.
I think this is what Erk has in mind.

3event
07-21-2006, 11:03 AM

JLF, are you referring to the Neosho deal? If there's another, I would appreciate a PM or a post on it. I am looking for alternatives....

My calendar is pretty full but if the Chicago ski club rotates to the north side of the metro area I might be tempted !

jlf
07-21-2006, 11:16 AM
JLF, are you referring to the Neosho deal? If there's another, I would appreciate a PM or a post on it. I am looking for alternatives....

My calendar is pretty full but if the Chicago ski club rotates to the north side of the metro area I might be tempted !
Yes, I was referring to the Neosho deal. I thought they had league the Milwaukee River too, I might be wrong on that. Do you not like the Neosho ski league?

erkoehler
07-21-2006, 11:28 AM
I would be open to rotating to different bodies of water, but they have to be within dealer territory.

jlf
07-21-2006, 11:34 AM
3 event there is a Tuesday night ski league on the Milwaukee River Lincoln Park. I believe the same people who run the Neosho ski league run the one on the Mil. River.

3event
07-21-2006, 11:53 AM
Thanks! I had heard about the Milw river group a while ago but had not seen anything in a while. My only problem is scheduling time to get to any of these.

I have never had access to a course before (i know, it's a sad story), long time free skier. I should probably go to school or find a pull through a course before heading to Neosho.

jlf
07-21-2006, 12:09 PM
That group is pretty cool, they'd offer advice and would be cool pulling a rookie in the course. Check it out sometime.

Rockman
07-21-2006, 02:38 PM
Shut up Rockman!:D if your sick of hearing me whine, then drive your arse up here to get me, or come up here Footin!:D I dont have a BF200, but I will do the best I can with my PS190 to tow ya. or you can tow yours up here! Why dont you and Erk make a trip up? He goes to Eagle River often, I am only 2 hours away from there. or I can drive down to meet you clowns!:)

Easy killer...just yankin' your chain! :D

LakePirate
07-21-2006, 03:51 PM
Great point. I definitely cannot make it every week. I also like the idea of moving around to a few different lakes once in awhile.
I think this is what Erk has in mind.

What Erk has in mind is towing a new MC to the weekly session and not towing it back.

erkoehler
07-21-2006, 04:36 PM
What Erk has in mind is towing a new MC to the weekly session and not towing it back.

pretty much :)

Crash
07-25-2006, 12:41 AM
I like the idea and would entertain it for next year. My family is in the process of joining Crystal Lake's ski club www.clwsa.com (http://www.clwsa.com) this year, so we'll see how it goes...perhaps there is a fit there?

07-25-2006, 10:14 AM
Easy killer...just yankin' your chain!
NO problem!:) DOnt yank my chain, yank my ski rope! thats what its there for! Its all about skiing baby!! SKIING! or in your case, FOOTIN baby! FOOTIN!!! :D

Maybe we need to get Erk to bring that 2002 TT boat up here for a test ski. Only problem is he will be expecting me to buy it then:rolleyes: 8p

erkoehler
07-25-2006, 10:54 AM
Sorry, that boat is long gone UMP....ABC :)

07-25-2006, 11:06 AM
Did you sell it Erk?

erkoehler
07-25-2006, 11:11 AM
Not me, but it is sold.