PDA

View Full Version : Touch up Paint?

betsy&david Harrison
07-20-2006, 12:16 PM
Where do I get touch up paint for a 93 Blue metal flake S&S? B

stevo137
07-20-2006, 12:21 PM
Betsy, how deep is the scratch? There is a clearcoat over the metalflake and if it's not too deep perhaps the clearcoat can be sanded, sprayed and blended. If it's into the metalflake, I believe that you can get the color but not sure where.
I'm sure that others here can help.
Either way, an experienced person should do the work.

betsy&david Harrison
07-20-2006, 03:09 PM
Unfortunately it is through the gel coat.

G-man
07-20-2006, 03:23 PM
a repair to metalflake is labor intensive. It is hard to find a good fiberglass guy that can repair metalflake and not have it look worse than it began. Try the sharpie trick

Workin' 4 Toys
07-20-2006, 03:31 PM
It is hard to find a good fiberglass guy that can repair metalflake and not have it look worse than it began.
Agreed............

slink976
07-20-2006, 03:41 PM
Sorry for this but the topic was touch up paint. My scracthes are not to deep but rubbing compond didn't do it. I have a Pro star 190 mastercraft (red). I think a little touch up paint will do the trick. Any ideas on where to get it?

G-man
07-20-2006, 03:59 PM
boats are gel coat not paint so touch up paint isnt sold. Overtons sells gelcoat touch up kits but you match the color. Spectrum gel coat may have an exact match but you will need to buy a qt. A MC dealer should be able to help you out

slink976
07-20-2006, 08:06 PM
Yeah that makes sense. But I am just trying to cover up some very minor scratches not completly fix it. Come on you know a less expensive fix. There is no major damage on mine just little white scratches that can use some make-up applied.

TMCNo1
07-20-2006, 09:17 PM
Yeah that makes sense. But I am just trying to cover up some very minor scratches not completly fix it. Come on you know a less expensive fix. There is no major damage on mine just little white scratches that can use some make-up applied.

Like G-man said before, but in your case try a red "Sharpie" pen to color the white scratches.