PDA

View Full Version : noise reduction in fla??

madison
07-20-2006, 12:14 AM
I have had my 89 pro star since , well 89.... I removed the baffle type mufflers a long time ago,,mostly ran the boat on a private lake,and a few yrs ago put it in at my parents place on another private lake...

well today this old man called me over to his dock and said my boat is too loud and im breaking the law.... and if I continue to operate this "loud" boat he will call the police!!

am I in the wrong here?? I have been out on the st johns river and hear these 50 ft long tunnel boats with huge blown motors that echo a mile away!!

any thoughts ???

thanks

milkmania
07-20-2006, 12:19 AM
this isn't an answer to your question.....
In Oklahoma is it written we are not allowed to modify our exhausts:(

justinlkgb
07-20-2006, 07:59 AM
You can't please everyone all the time!!

TMCNo1
07-20-2006, 01:24 PM
The old man, probably is a retired exec. from a marine muffler company and wants to ensure future retirement checks will come from the company, if you buy new mufflers!

bigmac
07-20-2006, 01:40 PM
I have had my 89 pro star since , well 89.... I removed the baffle type mufflers a long time ago,,mostly ran the boat on a private lake,and a few yrs ago put it in at my parents place on another private lake...

well today this old man called me over to his dock and said my boat is too loud and im breaking the law.... and if I continue to operate this "loud" boat he will call the police!!

am I in the wrong here?? I have been out on the st johns river and hear these 50 ft long tunnel boats with huge blown motors that echo a mile away!!

any thoughts ???

thanks

Your choices are probably:

a) put mufflers in now to keep the peace
b) put mufflers in later, after the police tell you to

You have a third choice, and that revolves around the possibility that the police won't be interested enough in this noise complaint to follow through, or that they will and find that your boat isn't in violation. Then you wouldn't have to do anything, but that old man would still be pissed. My observation is that getting the neighbors pissed off on a private lake can come back to bite you in the butt. If it was me, I'd probably just put some mufflers back in.

ski_king
07-20-2006, 01:52 PM
Go with the 2007 baffled exaust tips.
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=216370&postcount=24

trickskier
07-20-2006, 02:09 PM
Tell the old man to turn down his hearing aids and he will not hear you. I live in Jacksonville and unless you have a local noise ordinance he's just being a jerk!