PDA

View Full Version : What size Clarion speakers are in my boat?

RobertT
07-19-2006, 10:45 PM
04 X7, standard clarion speakers.

I went out behind a Xstar, and could not BELIEVE how the JL stuff sounded. It was night and day better than the Clarion stuff of old.

I want to keep an eye out on Ebay for speaker replacements, but want a quick and easy install thus want to buy speakers that are a direct replacement.

Do I need 6" or 6 1/2"???

Also, I am a Polk fan. Can I assume that a 6" polk speaker will be as good or better than a JL?

DrJ
07-19-2006, 11:31 PM
What you are looking for is a 6 1/2" inch. If you want my opinion, get the infinity Kapa 6 1/2" marine speakers. They really rock. And trust me, they dont sound like marine speakers. I had a prostar 190 with JL and Polk. I replaced them with the infinity and it was awesome. I liked them so much I just put them in my 04 X2, set up a 75x4 kicker amp and I am telling you what, everyone on the lake will hear what you are listening to. Good luck.

RobertT
07-20-2006, 07:52 AM
I will look into that. The main reason for looking at the polk product is that I currently have Polk 6x9s on the tower. It might look a little goofy to mix aftermarket products.

MYMC
07-20-2006, 08:32 AM
04 X7, standard clarion speakers.

I went out behind a Xstar, and could not BELIEVE how the JL stuff sounded. It was night and day better than the Clarion stuff of old.

I want to keep an eye out on Ebay for speaker replacements, but want a quick and easy install thus want to buy speakers that are a direct replacement.

Do I need 6" or 6 1/2"???

Also, I am a Polk fan. Can I assume that a 6" polk speaker will be as good or better than a JL?
You need a 6 1/2"; however, the driver is really a 5.25. You can purchase the JL automotive VR's or XR's and they will fit...we have had good success with them.

shepherd
07-20-2006, 08:37 AM
everyone on the lake will hear what you are listening to.

And I'm sure they'll appreciate it :rolleyes: