PDA

View Full Version : Need to Rent Trailer in TX

JonnyB
07-19-2006, 07:09 PM
ok heres the deal I have an 89 Tristar 190 thats been on a lift all its life I want to have a trailer built for it and they need the boat for the trailer. Does anyone know of any places in Texas that would rent a trailer for a day or two so I can get the boat over to Magnum. The lake is only about 30 miles away from Magnum. I was told a trailer for a 21' would work because its such a short trip is this true or do I need one for a 19' boat. I am in Austin so closer to me the better but will drive if needed.

thanks,
JonnyB

east tx skier
07-19-2006, 10:57 PM
Bump for you JohnnyB. Don't know anyone. Have you asked Boat Town or Ski Ranch if you can rent one?

JonnyB
07-19-2006, 11:02 PM
yeah Ski Ranch doesn't rent and Boat Town has one that will work but wont rent it to me because it is missing a fender

east tx skier
07-19-2006, 11:05 PM
Boat Town has one that will work but wont rent it to me because it is missing a fender

I'm pretty much speechless there (unless it is against the law to pull a trailer without a fender in Texas).

JonnyB
07-19-2006, 11:11 PM
THANK YOU!!! I was like um what you wont let me because of what. no not illegal

Leroy
07-20-2006, 12:26 AM
THere has to be someone near there with their boat on a lift and trailer just waiting for you Johnny! IN the summer I see trailers sitting around all over here.

Tryin-again
07-20-2006, 12:35 AM
JonnyB - PM me -- we got a 19 sport star - MC trailer..... We trailer but -how long you need it.... all day - or a few hours.... Hell I'll go out for8-10 hours and you can take it out and bring it back..... if that will work..... Of course - I'll either be real sore or real toasted when you return ..... Also, maybe we can find a lift to stable our's overnight .... do you got one on AUSTIN?

east tx skier
07-20-2006, 11:28 AM
THANK YOU!!! I was like um what you wont let me because of what. no not illegal

There's so much I'd like to say based on some experiences, but I will resist the urge. How is Texas Ski Ranch for Boat service? I would feel compelled to make the drive to find out when the need arises.

LakePirate
07-20-2006, 12:11 PM
Hey Johnny, do you want the specs of a factory trailer for an 89 Tristar? I can get them this weekend. By the way you could use my trailer but it is about 20 hours from you.

JonnyB
07-20-2006, 02:59 PM
There's so much I'd like to say based on some experiences, but I will resist the urge. How is Texas Ski Ranch for Boat service? I would feel compelled to make the drive to find out when the need arises.

Put it this way the ONLY reason I called them this time was because I was running out of Opts. I have had many problems with them before. I haven't really ever had to deal with Texas Ski Ranch before other then just the other day but I have heard good things about them. Over the years we have learned it is a hit or miss with the Mastercraft dealers(or any dealer) some are out of this world nice other are just well yeah. Don't need to worry about Boat service I'm a hardcore gearhead really only thing I need to worry about is when the new 08 40th S&S comes out and where to buy it from

JonnyB
07-20-2006, 03:02 PM
Hey Johnny, do you want the specs of a factory trailer for an 89 Tristar? I can get them this weekend. By the way you could use my trailer but it is about 20 hours from you.

First off thank you! Just called Magnum and they would like it if the boat was at the shop just to make sure its right. 20 hour drive huh I would love to take you up on that offer but I would not want to put those kind of miles on your trailer

LakePirate
07-20-2006, 03:22 PM
First off thank you! Just called Magnum and they would like it if the boat was at the shop just to make sure its right. 20 hour drive huh I would love to take you up on that offer but I would not want to put those kind of miles on your trailer

I just greased the bearings:D

Robert Averyt
07-20-2006, 03:48 PM
Jonny B.

I have a trailer for my 190 you are more than welcome to borrow. It is here in College Station, Texas.

let me know if I can help.

Robert Averyt

TMCNo1
07-22-2006, 09:08 AM
Everytime I read this thread title, I want to ask, "Single Wide or Double Wide", I'm sorry, the temptation was just too great!

Ric
07-22-2006, 10:31 AM
I don't know of any, but let me ask a dumb question.... the shop that's gonna build the trailer... do they not have a trailer that could get you over there? Sounds like you just need the bunks to cradle your baby long enough to get over there so they can lift it off right?

JonnyB
07-22-2006, 09:07 PM
I don't know of any, but let me ask a dumb question.... the shop that's gonna build the trailer... do they not have a trailer that could get you over there? Sounds like you just need the bunks to cradle your baby long enough to get over there so they can lift it off right?

Not a dumb question I asked them the samething but they don't have anything that I can use all the trailers they have a brand new.