PDA

View Full Version : The Tale of Last night’s festivities…

barefoot
07-19-2006, 01:42 PM
So last night, after doing a few footin’ runs and drinking a few beers, I ate dinner and took off for home. Had to make a quick stop in an area I really don’t travel in and my friend is following me. Low and behold, a Sheriff starts following us. Ok, been through this before…pay attention to all traffic laws.

His lights flip on and I’m thinking my friend is getting pulled over. Nope, right around her and right behind me. Fine…so I pull over.

“You know why I pulled you over?” Nope. “Tail light is burned out and your side view mirror is cracked.” Great. “Your eyes look a little red. You been drinking?” Well, my right contact is torn causing this big blood shot eye to happen and I’ve been out on the water. “Step out of the car please…”

“Go ahead and blow into this.” Breathalyzer…blew a 0.03. “Why don’t you go ahead and do this test.” What, the breathalyzer is inconclusive? “Why don’t you follow this light for about 10 minutes.” OK, everything’s good, right? Nope. “Step over here and walk the line.” Alright, satisfied? Nope. “Go ahead and balance on one foot.” This is getting ridiculous. “Why don’t you just blow into the breathalyzer again.” Are you kidding me?!?! Ok….0.03 again. “If you feel that you can drive, I’ll let you go.” Yeah, I’m fine. Didn’t all your tests just prove that?

So he writes me up for the burned out tail light and the broken side mirror. Come to find out, had an extra bulb in the car and fixed it on the spot. THEN, he gets upset at me because I fixed! “Well, now I have to make a note that it’s fixed…”

Gosh, talk about a quick way to ruin a great afternoon on the water…

SKI*MC
07-19-2006, 01:54 PM
What county po-po pulled you over?

Mag_Red
07-19-2006, 02:02 PM
Sounds like the ***** that cuffed me, threw me in a cruiser just because I threw a McD's cup full of ice on the windshield of a car that was tail gating me for two miles.:mad: It never dawned on him that the ice would have never hit a car that was following at a safe distance. :rolleyes: He was pissed that I didn't admit doing it. After sitting in the cruiser for 1o minutes, he finally let me go:D I'd do it again 8p and yes..............I need some anger management classes

barefoot
07-19-2006, 02:21 PM
What county po-po pulled you over?

you know, I think it was in Juneau…I donno…some little town north of Watertown…I was so irate that I don't remember...

SKI*MC
07-19-2006, 02:28 PM
I think Waukesha cops are the worst..

Upper Michigan Prostar190
07-19-2006, 02:34 PM
Sounds like the ***** that cuffed me, threw me in a cruiser just because I threw a McD's cup full of ice on the windshield of a car that was tail gating me for two miles.:mad: It never dawned on him that the ice would have never hit a car that was following at a safe distance. He was pissed that I didn't admit doing it. After sitting in the cruiser for 1o minutes, he finally let me go I'd do it again and yes..............I need some anger management classes
Mag, you and I both need them anger management classes;) . Maybe Hoosier will give us a discount if we enroll in his class together, get a group rate. He is a therapist you know!8p

Rockman
07-19-2006, 02:46 PM

No, Fond Du Lac pigs are the worst! Trust me, my wife can vouch for that one. :mad:

Barefoot-When the cop told you to walk the white line, you should have pulled a "Dice (Clay) and said:

"First off, the line is yellow. Secondly, I don't work without a net, that's just the way I am."

That probably would have gotten you into a little bit more trouble though...just had to say that! :D

WTRSK1R
07-19-2006, 02:56 PM
I had the samething happen many years ago. I got pulled over for no brake lights. While the cop was writing the ticket, I found a blown fuse and changed it. I asked him to verify if that fixed it since I could not see the brake lights when I stepped on the pedal and he said yes, but refused to do anything with the ticket. Thankfully it was a warning that required me to take the car to a local police station for verification of the repair. Unfortunately, since he refused to verify the fix, I still had to waste time driving to the local station. I have no issue with being pulled over because no brake lights is a critical thing, and I would never have known they were out if he did not pull me over...but the sorry I can not verify it fixed other then to say yes was complete BS. This was in Wauwatosa by the way, and part of the issue may have been I was only about 18 at the time.

rodltg2
07-19-2006, 03:07 PM
Sounds like the ***** that cuffed me, threw me in a cruiser just because I threw a McD's cup full of ice on the windshield of a car that was tail gating me for two miles. It never dawned on him that the ice would have never hit a car that was following at a safe distance. :rolleyes: He was pissed that I didn't admit doing it. After sitting in the cruiser for 1o minutes, he finally let me go I'd do it again 8p and yes..............I need some anger management classes

:confused: :shocked: wow mag!

sound like the time i tapped into a jet skier because he was follwing my skier too close. after we were done i chased after him and gave him a little love tapp. ( dont worry i was going about 3mph when i tapped the ski)

TMCNo1
07-19-2006, 03:21 PM
Mag, you and I both need them anger management classes;) . Maybe Hoosier will give us a discount if we enroll in his class together, get a group rate. He is a therapist you know!8p

Anger Managenent Group Therapy for a bunch of stressed TT members? They would call in the National Guard, pack all us up and send us to Iraq and Afganistan to establish long overdue Law and Order to the region!

General Bob Hoosier and Division "F" reporting for duty, Sir! Do ya wanna see ma sign,
Sir? Yes Sir, Here's Ya Sign"!

east tx skier
07-19-2006, 03:28 PM
They can throw me in jail if they have to; they can suspend my license if they must. But I'm not blowing into the machine and I'm not playing Simon says.

bcampbe7
07-19-2006, 03:34 PM
They can throw me in jail if they have to; they can suspend my license if they must. But I'm not blowing into the machine and I'm not playing Simon says.

Most of us would not have a problem doing that either. It's once we are in jail that it becomes a problem. You have the resources/knowledge to get out of this situation.

If I start drinking and then proceed to get pulled over and asked to do the monkey dance and then wind up in jail because I refused, I am calling you!:D

east tx skier
07-19-2006, 03:40 PM
This isn't legal advice, but if you are drinking, try to call me before you get in the car and get pulled over. It's much easier for me to drive to TN and pick you up.

mitch
07-19-2006, 03:50 PM
Sounds like the ***** that cuffed me, threw me in a cruiser just because I threw a McD's cup full of ice on the windshield of a car that was tail gating me for two miles.:mad: It never dawned on him that the ice would have never hit a car that was following at a safe distance. :rolleyes: He was pissed that I didn't admit doing it. After sitting in the cruiser for 1o minutes, he finally let me go:D I'd do it again 8p and yes..............I need some anger management classes

Nice, I like it!

Datdude
07-19-2006, 03:50 PM

City of waukesha cops are laid back, but the County Mounties are hard core. We had them bust a few of our parties in high school and they were no joke

bcampbe7
07-19-2006, 03:58 PM
This isn't legal advice, but if you are drinking, try to call me before you get in the car and get pulled over. It's much easier for me to drive to TN and pick you up.

If I ever start drinking alcohol I will!:D

If you ever get a call from a grown adult crying into the phone saying that the "Shallow Hal" looking girl at the bar will not go home with him, start heading towards Tennessee.:uglyhamme :uglyhamme

rodltg2
07-19-2006, 04:30 PM
best thing to do is to outrun the cops....that way no test no jail! i do it all the time.... i have secret hiding spots all over town..

rcnjson
07-19-2006, 04:38 PM
The HiJack is on... Sorry Ryan but I have a lot of funny stories to tell.
Worst cops - State Patrol, they would give their own mother a ticket. My last semester in school at UWM, I lived up in Brown Deer. So I had to drive down Brown Deer Rd. every morning to get down to school. So one day I'm driving and going as fast as everyone else, about 50 in a 45, and the lights come on. Well I pulled over and I was the only one who pulled over. So Officer Noodle Nuts comes up and asks me if I knew how fast I was going. I said no. He said 53, the speed limit is 45. I said 8 over huh? I guess all crime has been solved. Goes without saying I guess, I got a ticket that day.
k

pilot02
07-19-2006, 04:59 PM
All I got to say is be careful!

barefoot
07-19-2006, 05:04 PM
8 over huh? I guess all crime has been solved.

Best line ever! I hit orbit when stupid sh t like this happens...

07-19-2006, 05:16 PM
In Michigan, you automatically go to jail if you refuse the breathalizer. So we dont have a choice here. Isnt it easier just to go with the flow rather than refuse? I dont think I would want to go to jail just to prove a point. I realize your an attorney, but in Michigan your S.O.L. if you refuse a breathalizer. and I have seen enough people try every method they can for a legal defense to get around that and fail. My dad works in the court system and he has seen it all, and seen it fail. They are tough here on the DWI thing. Not trying to play devil's advocate with you Doug, just curious of your strong feelings on that issue.

east tx skier
07-19-2006, 05:19 PM
Same in Texas. For me, if I'm driving, I'm not drinking. My philosophy is applicable to more of a hypothetical situation really.

6ballsisall
07-19-2006, 05:20 PM
That sucks Barefoot!

I got one.......

My first real sales job out of college I was running late for a meeting in Fort Collins. On Highway 34 I got pulled over for doing 84 in a 65. I was stressed because I didn't want to be late for the meeting. Cop comes to my window and asks if I knew why he pulled me over. I said "can we cut to the chase so I can get on my way. I am late for a meeting!" The Trooper RUNS back to his car gets his ticket book, RUNS back to my car and apologizes for taking so long. Writes me a ticket for speeding and gives it to me and I dash off. Later that night I look at the ticket and he'd written me up for 84 in a 65 and disorderly conduct. I am alittle freaked at this point so I call an attorney friend. He looks at the ticket and starts laughing!! The trooper was in such a hurry to get me on my way he FORGOT to sign the ticket therefore making it invalid!!! :D The county threw it out. :D

Mag_Red
07-19-2006, 05:20 PM
In Michigan, you automatically go to jail if you refuse the breathalizer. So we dont have a choice here. Isnt it easier just to go with the flow rather than refuse? I dont think I would want to go to jail just to prove a point. I realize your an attorney, but in Michigan your S.O.L. if you refuse a breathalizer. and I have seen enough people try every method they can for a legal defense to get around that and fail. My dad works in the court system and he has seen it all, and seen it fail. They are tough here on the DWI thing. Not trying to play devil's advocate with you Doug, just curious of your strong feelings on that issue.Same law in Ohio UMP. The reason I believe to not blow is for lack of evidence for the prosecuting attorney. The less they have on you, the better your chances are to beat a DUI.

Mag_Red
07-19-2006, 05:22 PM
That sucks Barefoot!

I got one.......

My first real sales job out of college I was running late for a meeting in Fort Collins. On Highway 34 I got pulled over for doing 84 in a 65. I was stressed because I didn't want to be late for the meeting. Cop comes to my window and asks if I knew why he pulled me over. I said "can we cut to the chase so I can get on my way. I am late for a meeting!" The Trooper RUNS back to his car gets his ticket book, RUNS back to my car and apologizes for taking so long. Writes me a ticket for speeding and gives it to me and I dash off. Later that night I look at the ticket and he'd written me up for 84 in a 65 and disorderly conduct. I am alittle freaked at this point so I call an attorney friend. He looks at the ticket and starts laughing!! The trooper was in such a hurry to get me on my way he FORGOT to sign the ticket therefore making it invalid!!! :D The county threw it out. :D:purplaugh I'm surprised he didn't do just the opposite.........

east tx skier
07-19-2006, 05:23 PM
Same law in Ohio UMP. The reason I believe to not blow is for lack of evidence for the prosecuting attorney. The less they have on you, the better your chances are to beat a DUI.

And they have cameras in their car. Try saying the alphabet backwards sober. Hypothetically, I wouldn't blow and I wouldn't do tricks.

Ron Grover
07-19-2006, 05:32 PM
Here's a good one this involves the Leavenworth County Sheriff in KS.

Every year we have a Fall Festival at my house. Usually 100 people or so with a big fire , hot dogs, chili, games, horseshoe tourney and they like. A chance to enjoy outside in October before the big chill in KS.

About 75 of us were sitting around the fire, ages 85 to 4 just having a good time, not to say there was no alcohol but no one was feeling any better than I was and I was completely OK. It's about 7:00 and the sun was going down and it was cooling off and All of a sudden cops came running around the house from all directions, screaming everyone stop!

Then all of a sudden they stop in their tracks. There were 5 cops. One of them asks who is the homeowners? My wife and I walk up and they proceed to explain they thought this was a kid alcohol party and they were doing their job to break it up. The cops acted embarassed but the more they talked and tried to explain the madder I got because they were making complete fools of themselves and I was embarrassed for my guests.

After a while of them stumbling around I simply ask them to leave, (not in a real nice manner) and they finally left. I walked around the house and they had completely blocked the road with their cars in a "V". I guess so none of us criminals could escape.

On Monday I called the Chief Barney Fife and complained. He said his officers were just doing their job investigating a disturbance reported by my neighbor. When I ask which one he said one adjoining our property. I started laughing and called him a liar, every neighbor adjoining my property including most of them up to 3-4 houses away was at the festival.

Cops wonder why they get no respect! Maybe giving a little respect would get respect. Seems like the older I get the less respect I have for them. Thought it was suppose to work the other way around.

BTW, Fall Festival at the Grover's, second weekend in October. If your in KC area come on over. Link to the pics of this criminal enterprise each year http://wdgkc.com/photos/index.php?cat=0

Ron Grover
07-19-2006, 05:46 PM
Sorry about multiple posts. Computer seemed to be frozen so I hit key multiple times to see if anything was sending.

Obviously......duh.......:rolleyes:

Danimal
07-19-2006, 06:04 PM

Come to Burlington once and you'll wish that you were pulled over by the Waukesha Po-Po! It seems as though their mentality is; "if I have to pull you over, then you are getting a ticket."

No warnings :mad:

Leroy
07-19-2006, 06:04 PM
Here in Indiana a famous women recently refused and built a case of witnesses that testified how little she drank and she received very light sentence for speeding and reckless driving. THe cops said she was very drunk.

In Michigan, you automatically go to jail if you refuse the breathalizer. So we dont have a choice here. Isnt it easier just to go with the flow rather than refuse? I dont think I would want to go to jail just to prove a point. I realize your an attorney, but in Michigan your S.O.L. if you refuse a breathalizer. and I have seen enough people try every method they can for a legal defense to get around that and fail. My dad works in the court system and he has seen it all, and seen it fail. They are tough here on the DWI thing. Not trying to play devil's advocate with you Doug, just curious of your strong feelings on that issue.

Leroy
07-19-2006, 06:08 PM
I can relate to your situation Barefoot, I have a nephew that is a cop on the street and my son spent a Friday night with him on patrol recently. He routinely picks out suspicious cars and pulls over for incredible small stuff and normally hits bigger issues during the stop. His favorite saying was "let's light them up and see what they are doing"! My 17 yr old son learned a lot that night!

07-19-2006, 06:53 PM
I hear you on the cops thing. My cousing is a cop and he pulls over cars all the time(profiling basically) and gets lucky with drunk drivers, possesion of drugs, no drivers license, out standing arrest warrants, etc.... and he just comes up with a reason to pull them over. :rolleyes: They call that "good police work". I have had family involved in a few situtations where they were sober as a nun and the cops in question pulled them over specifically because they thought someone ELSE was driving the vehicle that was a "usual drinker" and the cops were awful embarrased when they walked up to the window and it wasnt the person they were expecting to nail. HA HA!!!

I will tell you this, if you get a drunk driving in Michigan, you better have God for an attorney if you think you have even a chance of beating it in court!

The part that rreally fries my *** is cops chasing people around for window tint in michigan and hassling people. Those ruthless criminals are out of control! I mean can you imagine people with window tint in free society? how horrible!!!:rolleyes: I live in a small town and know all the stuff going on, you cant tell me that cops aint got nothin better to do that chase people around for having window tint on their cars.....

bigmac
07-19-2006, 06:56 PM
best thing to do is to outrun the cops....that way no test no jail! i do it all the time.... i have secret hiding spots all over town..
Yah..dat's some great advice dere, rod...

JimN
07-19-2006, 06:57 PM
Barefoot- White Prostar (red trailer), black tower and white Ford P/U?

JimN
07-19-2006, 06:58 PM
Ron- maybe they were PO'd that you didn't invite them.

milkmania
07-19-2006, 07:49 PM
Try saying the alphabet backwards sober.

I'd probably be the only idiot he's ever come across asking for a pen & paper before we get started8p

milkmania
07-19-2006, 07:50 PM
Sorry about multiple posts. Computer seemed to be frozen so I hit key multiple times to see if anything was sending.

Obviously......duh.......:rolleyes:

it appears to be happening to just about everyone a lot lately....
maybe the upgrade will settle back in one of these days

bigmac
07-19-2006, 08:04 PM
it appears to be happening to just about everyone a lot lately....
maybe the upgrade will settle back in one of these days
Highly irritating all day. And every afternoon between about 3 and 6.

I suspect it's not the software, more likely the location of the host server. Bad local node subject to lots of traffic, maybe. This TMC site is consistently one of the worst I've ever seen for performance.

Farmer Ted
07-19-2006, 08:16 PM
Highly irritating all day. And every afternoon between about 3 and 6.

I suspect it's not the software, more likely the location of the host server. Bad local node subject to lots of traffic, maybe. This TMC site is consistently one of the worst I've ever seen for performance.

easy there BigMac, it's not wise to highlight our shortcomings.....

barefoot
07-20-2006, 09:33 AM
Barefoot- White Prostar (red trailer), black tower and white Ford P/U?

Nope...That sounds nice though!

LakePirate
07-20-2006, 12:08 PM
To add to Doug's theory not to blow into no box or play simon says, you gain additional time if you have been drinking for your liver to process the alcohol before they get a warrant and take a blood test. Sure you go to jail, but like mentioned before you are giving the defense less evidence.

However, in all situations remember that you are dealing with the police.

Example: My brother and I were both cited for running the stop sign in Statesboro, GA 3 years apart by the same officer. Both times it was a chance to "light us up and see what happened", I had been at the lake all day and had my Tahoe loaded to the brim. He pulls me over 50 feet from my driveway. Went to court to fight it (yeah right)
Judge Crooked says Did you stop? "yes Sir"
Officer did he stop? "No Sir"
Guilty.
Next case.

JimN
07-20-2006, 12:24 PM
The thing about delaying the breath test is that teh rate of metabolization is well known and if someone gets down to .001 after 8 hours, they can extrapolate to what the result would have been earlier. I don't know if that's admissable for a DUI case but they use it when they do autopsies.

At least you weren't as bad as someone I worked with- he blew a .2 at 9:00 AM and he got home from the bar at 2:00 AM. When he blew the .2, he didn't think he was drunk.