PDA

View Full Version : Off topic help...

bcampbe7
07-19-2006, 10:15 AM
Anyone have a trick for getting a water stain out of a cherry table?

My wife got some flowers this weekend at a baby shower and I refilled the vase but didn't wipe off the excess water. Apparently it has left a circle on the table. This is a brand new cherry dining room table and the wife is not happy.:eek3:

Any ideas aside form having the table top refinished?

ski_king
07-19-2006, 10:43 AM

My wife got some flowers this weekend at a baby shower and I refilled the vase but didn't wipe off the excess water. Apparently it has left a circle on the table. This is a brand new cherry dining room table and the wife is not happy.:eek3:

What type of finish is on the table? Is it polyurethane?

I saw some products at Lowe's near the wood finishes that may be able to help you out.

If all else fails, there is always 303.

By the way, it sounds like you are in deep trouble, good luck, I have been there before.

east tx skier
07-19-2006, 10:48 AM
You can tell I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel here, but I saw an infomercial a while back by that guy that has the orange oil products. He had something that was supposed to restore wood floors. Might be worth looking at, even if just for a laugh to keep from crying.

phecksel
07-19-2006, 12:48 PM

http://www.masterhandyman.com/askglenndetails.cfm?pubdate=20020919

Workin' 4 Toys
07-20-2006, 12:31 PM
Is it a white "surface" mark,
or grey?(Which would me DEEP:eek: )
If its still in the beginning phase, you MAY be able to get it out. Do you have any wood cleaners/dust sprays readily available?
If its deep, you are trouble, sorry.

bcampbe7
07-20-2006, 12:38 PM
Thanks for aall of the replies...

When I started this thread I had just gotten off the phone with her and she made it sound worse than it really was. When I got home I had to ask her where the stain was. It is not noticeable at all. She said it was much better than when she first saw it that morning.

She did work on it with some old English (or something like that) so maybe that helped.

For the record she wasn't mad at me, she was mad at the fact that it only took a few minutes for the water to stain the table.

It's all good now.:toast: