PDA

View Full Version : Engine Temp on the Rise Need advice

MNSKier
07-18-2006, 04:11 PM
So I took my 87 out for a ride this afternoon and noticed my temp gauge was showing almost 200 degrees after about 5 minutes of running:mad: I shut it down immediately and sat for awhile letting it cool down. After about ten minutes I started it back up and the temp went right back up to 200. I was able to get the boat back on my lift but my day is definately done:( :( . Where do I start looking for problems. My first thought is that I may have sucked something up I shouldn't have. My second was maybe my impeller tok a dive! Help!!! I need to have my boat back by Sat.

east tx skier
07-18-2006, 04:14 PM
When did you last replace your impeller? If not this year, I'd check that first. If you just recently replaced it, I'd check the screen on the transmission cooler and the hull side of the intake for blockage first, then check the impeller.

erkoehler
07-18-2006, 04:30 PM
impellar...order from SkiDim and you can have it in a day.

Hoff1
07-19-2006, 08:36 AM
My boat started doing that last year. My thermostat was 2 years old (160 degree stat) and must have been the problem. Replaced it with the 143 degree stat and now temperature holds steady at 160 or below. Also you could check the transmission cooler at the raw water intake.

MNSKier
07-19-2006, 02:32 PM
Thanks, I'm checking it tonight. Let you know what I find out.