PDA

View Full Version : I need a cover for 1988 Tristar

firedog
07-17-2006, 08:34 PM
I am having a trouble finding a 1988 tristar cover sport walk through. most covers on the internet are for 1990's. I bought one from cover2cover.com nice cover and good price but it is too short. The cover is for a 190 tristar 1990 and the cover is short about 6 to 8 inches. so what is the deal, was there a difference between 1988 and 1990's.

Any suggest where I can get one that will fit. I was looking for one about 350 dollars. I know that will not get a sundura or subrella. The cover from cover2cover was 11oz canvas "magnum" with good straps.

I want to cover to be towed on the highway. I am looking for good straps. webbing the goes all the way across is nice feature. any help would be appreciated.

BrianM
07-17-2006, 08:51 PM
www.skiboatcovers.com (http://www.skiboatcovers.com)

Make great high quality custom fit covers that are towable. I used to have a waterline cover from them for my '88 Prostar see my gallery for pics.

TMCNo1
07-17-2006, 09:15 PM
That is a tough one. Have you checked with your local MC dealer to see if MC still has some or can have one made for you. You may have to have one custom made at a canvas shop or modify the one you bought to make it work.
Are you talking about the Tristar 190 Walk-Thru, the TriStar 220 Walk-Thru or the TriStar 220 Walk-Around?
There were [2] 19' TriStars and [2] 22' Tristars in 1988 and you do not show your boat in your profile and you did not tell us what length boat it is!

WilliamsFamLV
07-17-2006, 10:06 PM
I just got one from skiboatcovers.com for my 90 Maristar and it fits like a glove..... Very happy even thought it was a little more than I wanted to pay.

firedog
07-17-2006, 10:55 PM
Sorry, My boat is a 1988 190 tri star walk thru, the one I just bought is too short so i will be sending it back. I have not talked to cover2cover but I expect they will not have the size that I need. On the box the cover came in it said it was for a 1990 190 tristar walk thru, I figured that the cover would fit, but the hull must have changed between the the 2 years.

milkmania
07-18-2006, 12:33 AM
be sure to check with Jim@BAWS...... he had some a while back......factory ones to boot!

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=4767&highlight=covers

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=2595&highlight=covers

firedog
07-18-2006, 01:26 PM
I check the post but it was a 2 years old from 2004. I emailed him hopping he will still have some but odds are not good. Thanks for the post.
Firedog

milkmania
07-18-2006, 05:30 PM
I check the post but it was a 2 years old from 2004. I emailed him hopping he will still have some but odds are not good. Thanks for the post.
Firedog

no problem, I knew it was an old post, but I'm tellin' ya this guy's got connections;)

TMCNo1
07-18-2006, 07:37 PM
At one time Mastercraft would order a cover from their original suppliers, made off the original patterns, for dealers who had customers who need covers that MC no longer stocked. Ask Jim@ BAWS if he can get that done for you, if you want to spend that kind of money.

BriEOD
07-18-2006, 07:41 PM
I'll second BrianM's suggestion on skiboatcovers.com. I have one of their waterline covers for my boat. It is top quality.

firedog
07-19-2006, 12:56 AM
I emailed baws and they can make a custom for me off a pattern but 1.5 times the cost for a skiboatcover would cost. It looks like I will be calling skiboatcovers.com unless someone comes up with a better deal. Thanks for all the help.
FireDog

BrianM
07-19-2006, 08:42 AM
It looks like I will be calling skiboatcovers.com unless someone comes up with a better deal. Thanks for all the help.
FireDog

You won't regret it. Great product and service.

phecksel
07-19-2006, 11:51 AM
I am having a trouble finding a 1988 tristar cover sport walk through. most covers on the internet are for 1990's. I bought one from cover2cover.com nice cover and good price but it is too short. The cover is for a 190 tristar 1990 and the cover is short about 6 to 8 inches. so what is the deal, was there a difference between 1988 and 1990's.

Any suggest where I can get one that will fit. I was looking for one about 350 dollars. I know that will not get a sundura or subrella. The cover from cover2cover was 11oz canvas "magnum" with good straps.

I want to cover to be towed on the highway. I am looking for good straps. webbing the goes all the way across is nice feature. any help would be appreciated.

Overton's has a semi custom cover available. It's not in their catalogue. I ordered one for my old tri-star, and it fit perfectly. Not sure if I still have the receipt from about 4 years ago.

firedog
07-20-2006, 09:22 PM
Overton's has a semi custom cover available. It's not in their catalogue. I ordered one for my old tri-star, and it fit perfectly. Not sure if I still have the receipt from about 4 years ago.

If you can figure out which model you bought I would be interested in it. I do not want to be guesting at which model to buy.

phecksel
07-21-2006, 09:14 PM
If you can figure out which model you bought I would be interested in it. I do not want to be guesting at which model to buy.
I actually found the receipt, but don't ask me why I kept it, LOL

Anyway, doing a model number search at overtons did not find an equivalent model. I do remember, it was a semi custom cover, reciept said $291, and if memory serves me correctly, they had it listed as a 90-92 tristar. I checked with Mastercraft and they said there was not diff in hulls between 87-89 and 90-92. I would confirm the same info by seeing what overtons has available, and confirm hull size with mastercraft

firedog
07-24-2006, 11:54 PM
I actually found the receipt, but don't ask me why I kept it, LOL

Anyway, doing a model number search at overtons did not find an equivalent model. I do remember, it was a semi custom cover, reciept said $291, and if memory serves me correctly, they had it listed as a 90-92 tristar. I checked with Mastercraft and they said there was not diff in hulls between 87-89 and 90-92. I would confirm the same info by seeing what overtons has available, and confirm hull size with mastercraft

I will check into it, thanks for the info.