PDA

View Full Version : Side Throttle Panel

pflcjl
07-17-2006, 01:57 PM
Seems as though the clips that hold the side panels for the throttle area and even the side upolstery panels in my 2000 prostar 190 and a friend's 209 don't hold up and fail causing the entire panel to come loose. Has anyone experienced this issue and any recommended fixes? thanks.....

Driv3r
07-17-2006, 05:20 PM
Our dealer corrected this using large washers on the outside of the panel, compressing more of the material against the bulkhead. The rearmost of three connections had pulled through completely, and the middle one, moving forward, was mostly gone. I will try to get some pictures of the assembly so you can see it

Rixter_69
07-17-2006, 06:18 PM
Our dealer corrected this using large washers on the outside of the panel, compressing more of the material against the bulkhead. The rearmost of three connections had pulled through completely, and the middle one, moving forward, was mostly gone. I will try to get some pictures of the assembly so you can see it

That would be great because I have experienced the same thing in my 04 X9. I found miscellaneous hardware pieces on my floorboard and figured that they came from the throttle housing area, although I haven't been able to successfully reconnect.

Cheers....

G-man
07-17-2006, 09:11 PM
This is not a new problem, there is a special epoxy used on the panels by the dealer.

DanC
07-17-2006, 09:16 PM
Is this what you are talking about?
I sure could use some of that "special epoxy"

jbeamer
07-17-2006, 11:44 PM
Same thing happened to my 2003 Prostar 197. I used some oversized washers to hold it in place for a quick fix.

mpmartin
07-17-2006, 11:58 PM
Yes. The same thing is going on in my new 2005 X9 that I got about six weeks ago.
The service manager who has been there less than a year has seen “a few” of the same thing. After a few weeks of ownership there is no problem. Just order a new part. You are only out gas, time, and effort to get it fixed. My question is what happens after the warranty runs out?
:confused:

mpmartin
07-18-2006, 12:01 AM
Same thing happened to my 2003 Prostar 197. I used some oversized washers to hold it in place for a quick fix.
Yes. The same thing is going on in my new 2005 X9 that I got about six weeks ago.
And what is the more permanent fix?

jmac197
07-18-2006, 12:02 AM
Ditto on my 02 197. Do we have a trend?

mpmartin
07-18-2006, 12:06 AM
Yes. I hope we have some more feedback on this.

sten76
07-18-2006, 09:45 AM
Yes, same thing happened on my 02 209. I did the same thing some dealers do, place the larger washers on the outside of the panel and it is fine now. Doesn't look the best, but the other option is buying a whole new panel whih I do not want to do.

DanC
07-18-2006, 11:47 AM
This was my first fix. One of the three came off, put it back on with a two part epoxy, so far it is holding. Also filled in the holes in the fiberglass and went with large SS screws. No more trashing the arms dealing with the thru bolts.

DanC
07-18-2006, 11:51 AM
This was the first fill job with a fiberglass patch material. It acted like cottage cheese and fell apart after 2 months. Refilled the holes with a two part epoxy putty. I mushroomed the putty on both sides of the fiberglass a little so it won't pop out.

El Jeffe
07-18-2006, 12:56 PM
same issue on my 2000 205

Driv3r
07-18-2006, 02:42 PM
Is this what you are talking about?
I sure could use some of that "special epoxy"

That is PRECISELY what happened with our armrest. Large washers at the outside, between the head of the bolt and the armrest material fixed this, as a workaround.

mpmartin
07-18-2006, 05:43 PM
This was the first fill job with a fiberglass patch material. It acted like cottage cheese and fell apart after 2 months. Refilled the holes with a two part epoxy putty. I mushroomed the putty on both sides of the fiberglass a little so it won't pop out.
WOW VERY GOOD IDEAL. CAN I STEAL IT?

pjwalnuts
07-19-2006, 12:15 PM
i have the same problem with my 2002 x7. seems to me that this is a problem that mastercraft should address. maybe in the form of a recall. i don't like the large washer idea, it looks like crap. a quality company should stand by its products and replace faulty parts.

sten76
08-02-2006, 09:15 AM
i have the same problem with my 2002 x7. seems to me that this is a problem that mastercraft should address. maybe in the form of a recall. i don't like the large washer idea, it looks like crap. a quality company should stand by its products and replace faulty parts.
I agree. With this many people with the same problem just on this board, think about the larger picture and how many owners are not posting on this board. This is definately an issue Mastercraft should address.

I hope they look on this board.

skidemon
08-25-2006, 01:37 PM
Pulled through the vinyl part on my 2002 PS 190. Dealer fix was to use 3 oversized stainless washers.

X7--STeve
09-07-2006, 06:18 PM
Seems like there should be a factory approved fix coming down the pipe.
Is there a way to get behind the panel to attache nuts to those tacky oversize washers folks are using?

SkiDog
09-07-2006, 08:17 PM
I had the same trouble on my boat. I took some fender washers big enough to cover the whole hole, then put a stainless finishing washer on top of that. Made a somewhat better looking fix. MC needs to come up with a better way to attach these panels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TX.X-30 fan
09-18-2006, 02:58 PM
same thing happened to my 04 x-30, was told mine was a defective panel. MC sent me a new panel that had stiff fiberglass molded so the bolts cannot pull through. Out of warranty, part was free MC would not pay the labor.

h20winn
09-18-2006, 03:17 PM
I have a 2004 X30 - I also am having the same issues. I am still awaiting a response from Mastercraft. If this is a known issue, I feel that Mastercraft will take care of this issue and resolve it. Since Mastercraft stands behind their product, I am feeling that they will give me a response that I will be satisfied with like all the other issues that I had with the boat, even if they are minor issues.

freefall
06-03-2014, 12:07 PM
This issue just keeps getting bigger. My 2006 X9 was purchased new and only to date has 190 hours on it due to injuries but just got back out on the water this past weekend and noticed that the armrest/throttle mount was moving around . So upon further inspection found that 2 of the 3 screw heads had pulled through the armrest so now only one is holding the top of this part onto the sidewall . I have emailed both Mastercraft customer service and my dealer about this issue and am waiting to see what kind of response I get. I did find a post about someone who made some very nice grommets to put into the holes that then support the armrest and make it look like a factory item. I am also waiting to hear back from this person to see if these are something that they can make for others like us. I will keep all information updated .

MI_Corey
06-03-2014, 01:23 PM
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=47739&highlight=custom

Let me know if you need some. I'm going to be running another batch this week.

freefall
06-03-2014, 09:16 PM
Yes need some. Sent you a private message earlier today .

MI_Corey
06-03-2014, 11:15 PM
PM sent.

Yes need some. Sent you a private message earlier today .