PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Atlanta Reunion

SkiDog
07-16-2006, 12:05 PM
[B] Anybody out there know the results of the Atlanta reunion this weekend? Or do we have to wait for the next issue of STAR magazine which comes out in another 9 months!?:(

atlfootr
07-16-2006, 04:06 PM
Anybody out there know the results of the Atlanta reunion this weekend? Or do we have to wait for the next issue of STAR magazine which comes out in another 9 months!?:(
I thought yesterday someone up there, would of posted photo's if nothing else.
At least then, we could of seen what we missed

You wanna know the results? You can't handle the results. :rant:
Tom Cruise stars opposite Jack Nicholson, Demi Moore and Kevin Bacon
n one of the greatest court room dramas ever made.

Col. Nathan R. Jessup: You want answers?
Daniel Kaffee: I think I'm entitled.
Col. Nathan R. Jessup: You want answers?
Daniel Kaffee: I want the truth!
Col. Nathan R. Jessup: You can't handle the truth!

TMCNo1
07-16-2006, 07:08 PM
Somewhere around 70+ registered for the reunion, only 13 boats entered the boat judging, PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Seth Thompson won the older Skier Class and Oldest Boat.
-Mark Vance won X-Star Class.
-Rick Porter won a ProStar Class?????? AND Tow Rig Class?????? and Best of Show, while serving burgers to the judges and the other boat owners and observers.
-No Tow Rigs showed up for the Tow Rig Class!
-Mark Vance won Longest Distance Traveled.

That's all the info I have at the present time.

Hopefully TMC Admin will post pictures in the "Showroom" soon and post the statistics and complete results of the Boat Judging and Poker Run.

SkiDog
07-16-2006, 08:00 PM
Somewhere around 70+ registered for the reunion, only 13 boats entered the boat judging, PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Seth Thompson won the older Skier Class and Oldest Boat.
-Mark Vance won X-Star Class.
-Rick Porter won a ProStar Class?????? AND Tow Rig Class?????? and Best of Show, while serving burgers to the judges and the other boat owners and observers.
-No Tow Rigs showed up for the Tow Rig Class!
-Mark Vance won Longest Distance Traveled.

That's all the info I have at the present time.

How the hell can he do that(Rick Porter)? If I remember correctly. I did not win the prostar class when I won my Best of Shows! Couse, it has been a long time ago! Its getting really bad that nobodys showing their boats in the judging! I guess thats what it's come to though, with everybody going overboard with this thing. However, it does make it easier on the judges, as they don't have to put up with puppy dogs nipping at their heels for very long!:D TMC, you know where I'm going with that don't you?!?!?!?!?!:(

TMCNo1
07-16-2006, 08:08 PM
I know nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

atlfootr
07-17-2006, 02:12 AM
Rick Porter won a ProStar Class?????? AND Tow Rig Class?????? and Best of Show, while serving burgers to the judges and the other boat owners and observers.

How the hell can he do that(Rick Porter)?
If I remember correctly. I did not win the prostar class when I won my Best of Shows! I was going to say, they must of been a hellofa burger! :popcorn:

TMCNo1
07-17-2006, 11:09 AM
[QUOTE=skidog]How the hell can he do that(Rick Porter)? If I remember correctly. I did not win the prostar class when I won my Best of Shows! Couse, it has been a long time ago! QUOTE]

According to the judging guidelines and the points system established some 20+ years ago, by C.W. Lowe and Ed Brazil on behalf of MasterCraft, for all the classes to be judged, a boat has to win it's boat class or the Tow Rig class to be eligable for Best of Show. Best of Show is the class winner that earned the most points of all the class winners. At a lot of the smaller reunions we have attended, there were no individual classes judged, just the group as a whole and 3rd, 2nd, 1st and Best of Show were awarded.

Having judged 8 reunions for Mastercraft, I was asked by Mastercraft in 1992 to generate typed, easy to read Judging Guidelines, Score Sheets, Entry I.D. Sheets for the dashes of the entries, for MC and the judges to use. C.W and Ed had all the paperwork hand written and modified over the years. I still have copies of C.W. and Ed's originals and the originals I generated on my judging clipboard. Apparently something has changed, as this is the first reunion in 17 years, I have ever heard of where a owner was awarded 1st. place in 2 classes at the same reunion.

SkiDog
07-17-2006, 08:05 PM
[QUOTE=skidog]How the hell can he do that(Rick Porter)? If I remember correctly. I did not win the prostar class when I won my Best of Shows! Couse, it has been a long time ago! QUOTE]

According to the judging guidelines and the points system established some 20+ years ago, by C.W. Lowe and Ed Brazil on behalf of MasterCraft, for all the classes to be judged, a boat has to win it's boat class or the Tow Rig class to be eligable for Best of Show. Best of Show is the class winner that earned the most points of all the class winners. At a lot of the smaller reunions we have attended, there were no individual classes judged, just the group as a whole and 3rd, 2nd, 1st and Best of Show were awarded.

Having judged 8 reunions for Mastercraft, I was asked by Mastercraft in 1992 to generate typed, easy to read Judging Guidelines, Score Sheets, Entry I.D. Sheets for the dashes of the entries, for MC and the judges to use. C.W and Ed had all the paperwork hand written and modified over the years. I still have copies of C.W. and Ed's originals and the originals I generated on my judging clipboard. Apparently something has changed, as this is the first reunion in 17 years, I have ever heard of where a owner was awarded 1st. place in 2 classes at the same reunion.

Man, this thing is gettin' heavy! I mean REALLY heavy!!!!!!!!!!!!

TMCNo1
07-17-2006, 08:35 PM
[QUOTE=TMCNo1]

Man, this thing is gettin' heavy! I mean REALLY heavy!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEAVY?????????????????????

In 17 years we have,
- attended 22 Boat Owner Reunions!
- set up and displayed the boat 26 times!
- competed for awards 14 times!
- judged 8 times, without our Tow Rig competing for awards, just being
displayed!

All with the same 1988 Astro Van and 1989 PS190, that's heavy!

trickskier
07-17-2006, 08:35 PM
I kept hearing about all these MC owners that had registered for the reunion, so I decided to go at the last minute just to do the poker run. I am glad I went, had a really great time, but I didn't see 70 MC's there. By the way my daughter won the poker run!

G-man
07-17-2006, 09:09 PM
[QUOTE=skidog]

HEAVY?????????????????????

In 17 years we have,
- attended 22 Boat Owner Reunions!
- set up and displayed the boat 26 times!
- competed for awards 14 times!
- judged 8 times, without our Tow Rig competing for awards, just being
displayed!

All with the same 1989 boat, that's heavy!

It ain't heavy........It's Harold

kas
07-17-2006, 09:58 PM
Hey Harold this is scary. I'm watching

TMCNo1
07-17-2006, 10:04 PM
Hey Harold this is scary. I'm watching

Yea, and you have also BEEN THERE and DONE THAT too, Calif., Arkansas, Fla, and other places!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TMCNo1
07-17-2006, 10:06 PM
You guys are keeping me hopping tonight, I can't get anything done, just joking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kas
07-17-2006, 10:09 PM
O the good old days 150,100. 250 boats it used to take 3 hours to judge those things. If I close my eyes I can still smell the armorall and wax.

kas
07-17-2006, 10:11 PM
Nice chicken

Farmer Ted
07-17-2006, 10:20 PM
I guess everyone forgot to take their camera?????

georgea0731
07-18-2006, 06:15 PM
I also attended at the last minute since the in-laws where visiting in AL and didn't want to participate. I came solo and boatless. A couple things that may have impacted attendance.
Georgia was hosting it's state tournment the same weekend. Boat show was on Friday which requires participates to miss work to attend (difficult to schedule).
If the Florida gang hadn't come, it would have been even a smaller turn out (hats off to those guys for going the extra mile).
Final Schedule was posted only a week prior by MC organizers.
I think schedule conflicts and cost weighs heavily in our decisions.
To tow a boat 180 miles, approx. 36 gallons x $3 = $108, a day from work, 8 hours x $10 per hour = $80 x 2 = $160, hotel ??, other meals ??, So for a family of 2 to come, it could cost over $300 out of the family budget (in theory). Might be a lot to ask year after year! BUT to see "3" x 2003 Stars & Stripes, and some of the wives makes it worth every dollar (ha).
I didn't get to stay the entire day, but I thought the dealer had to do a lot to put this all together and did a great job!

SkiDog
07-18-2006, 08:15 PM
One of the Fla guy's is e-mailing me the pics they took. I'll post them as soon as I get em'.

SkiDog
07-18-2006, 08:39 PM
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/chillininlol/album?.dir=1737re2&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

atlfootr
07-18-2006, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the pic's .. anyone else notice all the boats in the judging where from GA. :confused:
I thought this was East Coast Reuion - NOT a Georgia Reunion.
Where's FLA, AL, SC :confused: Is GA the only state that sell MasterCraft's :confused:

playtherapy
07-19-2006, 10:16 AM
There were some of us there from other states than GA. We attended the reunion and our 1989 Barefoot 190 took 2nd place in our class. We are from Mississippi. The MC Cutty came from Alabama. I think Paxton with the 78 S&S got oldest boat there, he also won 1st in his class. It was good to see folks we met last year and great to make new friends this year. We had a great time!

richardsoncd
07-19-2006, 10:55 AM
Great Pics...wish I could've made it, actually I would have enjoyed the show more than the state tourney:mad: Next year I will bring the old S&S out and give the yellow one a run for his money...that is if Jeremy doesn't show up

trickskier
07-19-2006, 11:26 AM
I came from Jacksonville, FL. That was a lot of driving in 2 days, not to mention the 4 TANKS of GAS my Tahoe drank! Is anyone planning on traveling to the Southern Reunion hosted by Bay Area Waterports? Jim & Chuck do a great job & usually get a good turn out. I'm going to try & get as many people I know from Jax to attend.

DemolitionMan
07-19-2006, 06:58 PM
I had a good time in Atlanta. I just wish that more people from team talk would show up and support these events. May be the only way we can get more people to come and show there boats is to make it be at the end of the year when people arnt using there boats as much.

richardsoncd
07-20-2006, 09:36 AM
I had a good time in Atlanta. I just wish that more people from team talk would show up and support these events. May be the only way we can get more people to come and show there boats is to make it be at the end of the year when people arnt using there boats as much.

Don't you worry....I'll be there with the '79 next year, give you a run for your money:D Good point though, this is prime skiing time, make the reunions in the fall or early spring when the boats are in there prime from winterization.

playtherapy
07-20-2006, 10:56 AM
Anyone heard where the reunion will be next year?

trickskier
07-20-2006, 11:18 AM
No idea......Hopefully somewhere in Sunny FL

DemolitionMan
07-20-2006, 01:02 PM
The reunion is suppose to be at the factory for the 40th birthday bash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TMCNo1
07-20-2006, 01:39 PM
The reunion is suppose to be at the factory for the 40th birthday bash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We can always hope so, plant tours, meeting most of the Mastercraft employees and their families, boat judging performed by factory personnel who know the boats, concert, meeting representatives from MC suppliers/parteners, Big Red Rig selling lots of discounted ProShop stuff and accessories, good food, ski shows/demonstrations, clinics, most all the 2008 models of boats on display, unveiling of the 2008 40th Anniversary Limited Edition boat, and above all, the fellowship with other boat owners and seeing their boats!

SkiDog
07-20-2006, 03:42 PM
We can always hope so, plant tours, meeting most of the Mastercraft employees and their families, boat judging performed by factory personnel who know the boats, concert, meeting representatives from MC suppliers/parteners, Big Red Rig selling lots of discounted ProShop stuff and accessories, good food, ski shows/demonstrations, clinics, most all the new models of boats on display, unveiling of the Limited Edition boat, and above all, the fellowship with other boat owners and seeing their boats!

Don't fergit, We'll be thar selling them Redneck Girls Gone Haywire Videos too!:cool: :D

SkiDog
07-20-2006, 03:43 PM
No idea......Hopefully somewhere in Sunny FL

My sources tell are telling me that the reunion next year is back in Atlanta, then the following year, in Vonore.

trickskier
07-20-2006, 03:48 PM
My sources tell are telling me that the reunion next year is back in Atlanta, then the following year, in Vonore.

That would be correct Skidog. 2008 would be 40 years 1968 to 2008. Some people from GA missed the Math class.....J/K Yellow78MC

TMCNo1
07-20-2006, 04:02 PM
The 35th Anniversary Reunion was held in Vonore on September 13, 14, and 15, 2002. The 2003 Limited Edition Boat was introduced by Rob May at that event by John Dorton towing it to the big tent with his black Hummer for everyone at the Awards banquet to view..............2002 + 5 years = 2007 But, the people in NC did not miss the Math Class.
The 2008 boats introduced in the late summer/fall of 2007 will be the 40th Anniversary boats and the celebration will continue till the late summer/fall of 2008, when the 2009 boats will be introduced, which will be 41st year!

trickskier
07-20-2006, 04:09 PM
The 35th Anniversary Reunion was held in Vonore on September 13, 14, and 15, 2002. The 2003 Limited Edition Boat was introduced by Rob May at that event by John Dorton towing it to the big tent with his black Hummer for everyone at the Awards banquet to view..............2002 + 5 years = 2007 But, the people in NC did not miss the Math Class.

That's true they did introduce the 35th Anniversary at the factory in 2002 I was there too. But the 35th Anniversary Boat was a 2003 model year.

TMCNo1
07-20-2006, 04:13 PM
[QUOTE=TMCNo1] The 2003 Limited Edition Boat was introduced by Rob May at that event by John Dorton towing it to the big tent with his black Hummer for everyone at the Awards banquet to view..............QUOTE]

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: 2003 + 5 YEARS = 2008 = 40 YEARS/1968 + 40 =2008

trickskier
07-20-2006, 04:23 PM
[QUOTE=TMCNo1] The 2003 Limited Edition Boat was introduced by Rob May at that event by John Dorton towing it to the big tent with his black Hummer for everyone at the Awards banquet to view..............QUOTE]

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: 2003 + 5 YEARS = 2008 = 40 YEARS/1968 + 40 =2008

It's a NUMERS THING Harold......Have a great Day! Rick

SkiDog
07-20-2006, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=TMCNo1]

It's a NUMERS THING Harold......Have a great Day! Rick

OMG! What have I started here, tyanny amongst the troops! We'll have none of that! Settle down boys! It's ONLY a freakin reunion! NO videos for you two if you keep this up! And I mean it!:mad:

DemolitionMan
07-20-2006, 08:05 PM
Wish They Would Put The Pics On From Atl And Texas Ski Ranch.

trickskier
07-20-2006, 08:39 PM
[QUOTE=trickskier]

OMG! What have I started here, tyanny amongst the troops! We'll have none of that! Settle down boys! It's ONLY a freakin reunion! NO videos for you two if you keep this up! And I mean it!:mad:

Don't worrry about it Skidog. I may be new to to Team Talk, but I've known TmcNo1 for a long time. NEVER take my comments seriously. I just say what's on my mind. I think you know me too.....

TMCNo1
07-20-2006, 08:54 PM
[QUOTE=trickskier]

:popcorn: :uglyhamme 8p UM, UH, Sorry Skidog, Please, All my good stuff is on VHS and I need some DVD's!

I, I, I'll have a bl, bl, blue chri, chri, christmas with out y, y, you,
I, I, I'll b, b, be, so bl, bl, blue thinking a, a, ab, about y, y, you! [Porkey Pig's version of "Blue Christmas"]

TMCNo1
07-20-2006, 09:05 PM
[QUOTE=skidog]

Don't worrry about it Skidog. I may be new to to Team Talk, but I've known TmcNo1 for a long time. NEVER take my comments seriously. I just say what's on my mind. I think you know me too.....

:popcorn: :uglyhamme :D Trick, it's all good! We ain't gonna let Skidog leave nuthin' out of the sock hanging on the mantel Xmas Eve, plus he wants some to help changing out his rudder!

SkiDog
07-20-2006, 09:41 PM
[QUOTE=trickskier]

:popcorn: :uglyhamme :D Trick, it's all good! We ain't gonna let Skidog leave nuthin' out of the sock hanging on the mantel Xmas Eve, plus he wants some to help changing out his rudder!

OK, now I'm glad that we're all on the same page again!:rolleyes: Page, we gots a long way to go before its stockin on the mantle time, so you still gots time to screw up again! As for you Trick, its good to have some more southerners represented here! I need some help around here keeping the likes of TMC#1 and UMP on the up & up! These two can come up with some doozies! HELP!!!!!!!!!

trickskier
07-20-2006, 10:00 PM
[QUOTE=TMCNo1]

OK, now I'm glad that we're all on the same page again!:rolleyes: Page, we gots a long way to go before its stockin on the mantle time, so you still gots time to screw up again! As for you Trick, its good to have some more southerners represented here! I need some help around here keeping the likes of TMC#1 and UMP on the up & up! These two can come up with some doozies! HELP!!!!!!!!!

I'll be around for a LONG time. Especially since I just got my new X-1 and my daughter WON the POKER RUN at Lake Lanier last weekend. Got some bragging rights now.

trickskier
07-20-2006, 10:02 PM
[QUOTE=trickskier]

I figured you knew I was just ribbing Yellow78MC, #1

DemolitionMan
07-21-2006, 07:03 PM
Thats weird the thread died. Oh well.

TMCNo1
07-21-2006, 07:10 PM
I heard, that if anyone returned to this thread, their computer would crash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I be outta hera!