PDA

View Full Version : Great comliment from my wife...

JohnnyB
07-15-2006, 09:03 PM
So it was really windy and not a great ski day....so, we took our kids and picniced on a sandbar and swam...had a great day.

Got the boat back in the garage around 5pm and then proceeded with my usualy ritual cleanup.....

My wife was in the garage about a 1/2 hour later and said.....

"I don't think I've ever told you how much I appreciate that you spend the time to keep the boat and cars clean and well maintained" 8p

I figured if anything it, at times, irritated her because I am obsessive about the condition/upkeep/maintenance of our cars and all our toys.

milkmania
07-15-2006, 09:11 PM
someone's gonna git luckyhttp://deephousepage.com/smilies/eusa_dance.gif

tex
07-15-2006, 09:12 PM
Watch out...she must want something!

JohnnyB
07-15-2006, 09:21 PM
Watch out...she must want something!

Sad but true, after she went back in the house, that crossed my mind :rolleyes:

I'm guessing its not the bimini or boat stereo either......

tex
07-15-2006, 09:23 PM
Sad but true, after she went back in the house, that crossed my mind :rolleyes:

I'm guessing its not the bimini or boat stereo either......
Greatness!

We had a good day too. We had to do some work on our jump so I took my boat to the site. It was glass for as far as you could see. The kid got to tear it up on the skimmer, the wife got in a couple of sets, and I was so happy, I gave out some free pulls! It just sucked not being able to foot on all that glass.

JohnnyB
07-15-2006, 09:30 PM
What's your timeline on being back on the water????

I got an early start footin (March in WI) and was in great shape.....now I'm having tendonitis issues with my IT band....thinking I'm probably going to have to take a week or two off and get a cortisone shot....

Like a mere scratch compared to what you're going through....hang in there, do your therapy and come back stronger buddy!!!:toast:

TMCNo1
07-15-2006, 09:57 PM
I figured if anything it, at times, irritated her because I am obsessive about the condition/upkeep/maintenance of our cars and all our toys.

But, it will always pay off in the long run!

My wife is always telling me of someone paying her a compliment on how clean, shiney and detailed her Ford Exploder Sport is, and asks her who details her vehicle. She just laughs, smiles and tell them, it's my husbands doing!

tex
07-15-2006, 11:49 PM
What's your timeline on being back on the water????

I got an early start footin (March in WI) and was in great shape.....now I'm having tendonitis issues with my IT band....thinking I'm probably going to have to take a week or two off and get a cortisone shot....

Like a mere scratch compared to what you're going through....hang in there, do your therapy and come back stronger buddy!!!:toast:
Thanks for the encouragement JB. I was hurt on May 13th. They told me 9-12 months recovery time. My goal is to take a ski ride on our Polar Bear Day ski on January 1st 2007. It will be the longest time off not skiing since I learned at age 7! I will post pictures...Don't tell my wife...my real goal is to hit the ramp on that day!

JohnnyB
07-16-2006, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the encouragement JB. I was hurt on May 13th. They told me 9-12 months recovery time. My goal is to take a ski ride on our Polar Bear Day ski on January 1st 2007. It will be the longest time off not skiing since I learned at age 7! I will post pictures...Don't tell my wife...my real goal is to hit the ramp on that day!

Pullin for ya.....good luck.....can't wait for pics

Upper Michigan Prostar190
07-16-2006, 12:07 PM
NO1, thats downright scary how much we think alike. I call my Dad's explorer an "exploder" too! maybe we DO share the same brain as Lakey thought!:cool:

jbfootin
07-17-2006, 10:09 AM
Keep that new boat clean Johnny! Maybe we can get some empty beer cans on the floor again this week? I'll e-mail you later!;)

Rixter_69
07-17-2006, 01:39 PM
<snip>

My wife was in the garage about a 1/2 hour later and said.....

"I don't think I've ever told you how much I appreciate that you spend the time to keep the boat and cars clean and well maintained" 8p

Johnny - You're either a real lucky dude or she wants something....I usually just get nagged about my 3 hour detailing ritual. :D

Cheers,

07-17-2006, 02:18 PM
hmmm....mine always says, "arent you done cleaning that car yet!!!!!:mad: Hurry UP!, I want you to mow the lawn next!!!" and "you got dishes to do boy!" I think she loves me. :confused:

Leroy
07-17-2006, 02:25 PM
You are still in the honeymoon phase!

hmmm....mine always says, "arent you done cleaning that car yet!!!!!:mad: Hurry UP!, I want you to mow the lawn next!!!" and "you got dishes to do boy!" I think she loves me. :confused:

JohnnyB
07-17-2006, 02:25 PM
Keep that new boat clean Johnny! Maybe we can get some empty beer cans on the floor again this week? I'll e-mail you later!;)

Actually was cleaning the boat out on Saturday before taking the family for a picnic cruise....Madi (6yr old daughter) volunteered to clean out the cooler so we could re-use it.....I compromised and agreed to throw all the empty cans out on the lawn and she put them in the recycle bin :D

Jay, Tuesday or Wednesday look best for me to get out....

07-17-2006, 02:44 PM
You are still in the honeymoon phase!
Honeymoon phase?? :eek: ****!!! I aint even married yet!!!:eek: You mean it gets worse??:( :uglyhamme Maybe I need to rethink this entire situation!!!

#47of100TeamMC
07-17-2006, 02:51 PM
Honeymoon phase?? :eek: ****!!! I aint even married yet!!!:eek: You mean it gets worse??:( :uglyhamme Maybe I need to rethink this entire situation!!!

Yes, Re-think the situation! But, I guess we can't save 'em all... Although if I could offer a few words of advice, "DON"T DO IT!"

07-17-2006, 02:54 PM
Yes, Re-think the situation! But, I guess we can't save 'em all... Although if I could offer a few words of advice, "DON"T DO IT!"
Dont get married your saying? OK, Dr. Hoosier normally handles my therapy and counseling, but speak my dear friend. Give UMP lessons in preperation for the big "M". :confused:

RexDog1
07-17-2006, 07:19 PM

UMP Has your wife been talking to my wife?????

Rixter_69
07-17-2006, 07:30 PM
This is pretty scary....Michigan is seeking marital advise from this cast of characters.....YIKES!

Cheers,

07-17-2006, 10:31 PM
UMP Has your wife been talking to my wife?????
I dont have a wife yet! Dr. Hoosier is gonna have to sort this out for me. He is my spiritual advisor, life coach, mentor, art teacher, ski instructor, Karate Sensei, and he helps me pick out nice walpaper too.

You dont know what pain and suffering is until you study in the Dojo of Hoosier!:D

And Rixter, these characters are my family. I have forged some pretty good friendships here over hte last year or so. They wont steer me wrong.

BrianM
07-17-2006, 11:37 PM
What's a comliment? :rolleyes:

When I met my wife she hadn't washed her car in four years.:eek: Now that she has been spoiled with frequent detailing and weekly washes she will give me a hard time if I slack a week and her car is dirty. Go figure.

07-17-2006, 11:57 PM
What's a comliment? :rolleyes:

When I met my wife she hadn't washed her car in four years.:eek: Now that she has been spoiled with frequent detailing and weekly washes she will give me a hard time if I slack a week and her car is dirty. Go figure.
I am figuring right now Brian, as we speak!:cool: