PDA

View Full Version : X-2 should be titled as a 19 foot 11 1/2 incher?

sburt911z
07-15-2006, 04:02 PM
Hello everyone
Dying here...
Want to order new X-2
Can't because it is litterally 1/16th of an inch too long on the M.S.O. to be titled as a 19+ footer. All of us on 19 foot lakes would love nothing more than to be able to buy this killer V-drive wakeboard boat. Instead, I'm still in my ProStar 197 with all the X-7 stuff added to it wishing, hoping and dreaming that a miracle might happen and I could get a new X-2!!!!! Would love to get a new boat but have no reason to order what I already have. Opinions out there????????

gr8smiles
07-15-2006, 05:18 PM
Get a real lake.....;)

PendO
07-15-2006, 05:50 PM
If it is truly less than 20' 0" than I would hope they title it as such ... some people just like to overestimate / overstate size I guess.

you know, if they do change it to less than 20' your lake will just start to regulate horsepower:)

ridehype4life
07-16-2006, 01:33 AM
Just chop off the pickles and you should be fine...

6ballsisall
07-16-2006, 08:05 AM
The guys at Pinecrest can help you out. ;)

OhioProstar
07-16-2006, 08:08 AM
I have heard of dealers putting a smaller length on the title. Let them know your issue...that might help you out.....especially for a $50K+ sale

bigmac
07-16-2006, 08:49 AM
double post :o

bigmac
07-16-2006, 08:50 AM
I have heard of dealers putting a smaller length on the title. Let them know your issue...that might help you out.....especially for a $50K+ saleIIRC, the title is developed from the MSO (manufacturer's statement of origin), which comes from MasterCraft. I don't think the dealer has any options in title application .. at least not in this state. The title applicaton has to say the same things as the MSO, which is attached as part of the paperwork.

Wouldn't hurt to ask, though - the DMV people might let it slide. They did with my trailer licensing - my dealer applied for and got the $60 permanent trailer registration that's only supposed to apply to trailers less that 3000 lbs. The problem, of course, is that if they don't let it slide in burt's case, he's got an expensive boat and no place to park it..

6ballsisall
07-16-2006, 09:06 AM
I have heard of dealers putting a smaller length on the title. Let them know your issue...that might help you out.....especially for a $50K+ sale

Yep! As said above talk to you local dealer Pinecrest. I know Scott can help you out with that scenario. ;)

sburt911z
07-17-2006, 10:37 AM
Got local dealer working hard to get this done. It is really frustrating to be so close yet so far away on the length for the M.S.O. Hopefully MC will rally to the call and save all of us on the 19 foot lakes :)

sburt911z
07-17-2006, 10:42 AM
gr8smiles- :)
I would love to switch lakes but the place was left to my wife and her brothers and is extremely sentimental soooooo I would probably have to divorce to switch lakes and I like her a smidge more than the new X2 :)

slalomskifreak
07-17-2006, 03:26 PM
What lake are you on? Cordry/Sweetwater?

Curt

sburt911z
07-17-2006, 05:04 PM
Cordry. Can't understand why they allow 28 foot pontoons with v6 hondas on the back that cannot turn for 300 yards plus but cannot allow a slotcar like 20' boat! Makes no sense. Grandview, Lamb etc are ALL under 21 foot lakes which opens up a multitude of choices in boats!!!!!! Wish the lakes could get with new millenium but highly unlikely until the board changes hands in the next 10 -15 years...big time bummer!!!!!

sburt911z
07-17-2006, 05:12 PM
Curt
You on Cordry or Sweetwater?

Steve

slalomskifreak
07-17-2006, 08:26 PM
Used to be on Sweetwater (Grouse) until ATA folded. Buddy is on Cordry (Ebony) with a 89 MC Prostar 190 (gray,black,yellow). Yours the yellow or red X7?

Curt

sburt911z
07-18-2006, 12:38 AM
Curt
Ours is red & white. We're looking into approaching the CSCD board with a length change for V-drive and direct drive boats. Got some interest from Nautique dealer and pretty sure Mike at Pinecrest would help us out if we asked. Just trying to approach them in the correct way so they don't get defensive before they hear out the reasoning for changing some of the restrictions for the betterment of the lake. Understand they just passed 100hp restriction on pontoons (finally) so they might at least hear the pros and cons to vdrive and direct drive changes but leaving I/O's the same. Any thoughts???

sb

slalomskifreak
07-18-2006, 06:14 PM
You out on the point (elbow) with the ramp/road into the water? The board has already banned "boats that are designed to make large wakes". This was done by the "ecological committee" to prevent shore errosion. That is also the same reason that the high hp motor pontoon boats are now banned (shore errosion). I don't believe that you will get anywhere with them until you get a new board. They still believe that putting in a city sewer system will decrease the property values!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused: Talk about out of touch with reality. Good luck!

Curt

6ballsisall
07-18-2006, 07:23 PM
Curt
Ours is red & white. We're looking into approaching the CSCD board with a length change for V-drive and direct drive boats. Got some interest from Nautique dealer and pretty sure Mike at Pinecrest would help us out if we asked. Just trying to approach them in the correct way so they don't get defensive before they hear out the reasoning for changing some of the restrictions for the betterment of the lake. Understand they just passed 100hp restriction on pontoons (finally) so they might at least hear the pros and cons to vdrive and direct drive changes but leaving I/O's the same. Any thoughts???

sb

If it works let me know your political process to pull it off. Our lake has similar length requirements. If you are a pontoon owner you can do whatever the he** you want though. :rolleyes: Our lakes committee is now comprised of all skiers except for one pontoon'r. Problem is the board is a bunch of old schooler's who are either fisherman or tooner's:mad:

sburt911z
07-29-2006, 01:55 PM
Seems no luck in changing MSO. Going to work on the lake board...probably will not get anywhere. Rumor has it that the new 190, 197 and X7's are due for the 2008 model year...don't know what they are changing?!?!?

Jim@BAWS
07-29-2006, 04:58 PM
20 feet is 20 feet no matter what...Even with todays NEW math.

Some boat maunufatuers measure from RUBRAIL TO RUBRAIL

MC Measures from FIBERGLASS TO FIBERGLASS. The way it should be done. Others only claim to have a 19 or 20 foot boat ! That MAYBE you way around it. In Florida when an MSO is turned into a title the dealer can add the length. I do not know what happens where you are at.

Jim

Hello everyone
Dying here...
Want to order new X-2
Can't because it is litterally 1/16th of an inch too long on the M.S.O. to be titled as a 19+ footer. All of us on 19 foot lakes would love nothing more than to be able to buy this killer V-drive wakeboard boat. Instead, I'm still in my ProStar 197 with all the X-7 stuff added to it wishing, hoping and dreaming that a miracle might happen and I could get a new X-2!!!!! Would love to get a new boat but have no reason to order what I already have. Opinions out there????????