PDA

View Full Version : MILWAUKEE AREA TOURNAMENT AUG. 7 & 8

6balls
07-31-2004, 10:08 PM
Check It Out Here!Milwaukee River Challenge (http://www.geocities.com/ovich2000/RIVER-CHALLENGE.html)

:dance: PRIZE MONEY!

fletch_n_me
08-02-2004, 09:41 PM
Hey man, where are you located? I ski in Lake Mills, right betwixt Madison and Milwaukee. I might come by and check out your event next week.

6balls
08-02-2004, 11:41 PM
Howdy Fletch!

I live on Okauchee Lake(Not far from you)

The Event is in Lincoln Park - Just north of Downtown Milwaukee on the Milwaukee River. You would take 94 east to 43 North and exit Hampton Ave. You go West on Hampton and take the first right after you cross the river on Milwaukee River Parkway. You can't miss it!

The clinic will probably run out of the Lincoln Park Pavilion.

Hope to see you there!

fletch_n_me
08-02-2004, 11:54 PM
Yeah buddy, I will be there if I can. I am supposed to be flying this weekend but probably won't get called. I would love to see what you all do.--Jason

jbfootin
08-05-2004, 03:21 PM
I wish I knew about this earlier. It's good to see other wisconsin skiers out there. Good luck for the tourney this weekend.

Jay

6balls
08-12-2004, 06:18 PM
High intensity on water action unfolded at the 2004 Milwaukee River Collegiate Challenge at Lincoln Park in Glendale Wisconsin. While collegiate skier attendance could have been higher this year’s event offered the best skiing yet. The promise of a $350 prize purse, offered by promoter Tournament Services of Wisconsin, brought out some notable names in the Wisconsin waterskiing community including Luke Zimbric, Jason DeVries, John Kanzenbach, and Roger Kane. The tournament was split into Novice, Collegiate and Challenge Divisions with traditional handicapped scoring. The prize money was based on the single best scoring pass of the day with $200 for 1st, $100 for 2nd and $50 for 3rd. The NSL max speed of 34 mph added an element of excitement by giving these 36mph skiers an opportunity to cruise deep into the shortline. At the end of the 3rd Round Luke Zimbric had locked up first place with 2 @ 38off and there was a two way tie for 2nd with Jason DeVries and John Kanzenbach each with 2 @ 35 off. Roger Kane posted a respectable 5 @ 32off. Anticipation was high as the tie would be settled in a run off with both skiers going out at 32 off. To the delight of the crowd both skiers sailed through the 32off pass and returned at 35 off only to tie again with 2 balls. John Kanzenbach thrilled the crowds with a slam dunk turn around the two ball, holding it together just long enough to cross the wake and grab the tie. The showdown continued with both skiers going out @ 35 off on a down river pass; Jason DeVries offered up 3 buoys and with the crowd hushed, John Kanzenbach crashed around the one ball bringing the day to a close. When the spray settled, all of the contenders and spectators were smiling. Luke Zimbric remarked at the podium that “this is by far the most fun I have had at Tournament”, sentiment shared by novice, collegiate and challenge skiers alike.

Farmer Ted
08-12-2004, 06:29 PM
Awesome write up!