PDA

View Full Version : MCX Annual/ 100 Hour tune up?

bdecker
07-13-2006, 07:35 PM
Does anyone know what exactly is recommended by Mastercraft for a 100 hour/ annual tune-up? The manual is not specific, just says take it to the dealer... I did, now I've got a labor bill of close to $450+ (Total is $600+). Haven't seen the itemized invoice yet, but if anyone knows what is supposed to be done, please let me know. I even had them leave out the oil change because I just did it.

Farmer Ted
07-13-2006, 08:34 PM
Hope you get a reach around.....

vogelm1
07-13-2006, 08:44 PM
Wow. That is a steep bill. My manual has a few more specifics: change oil/filter, change transmission fluid, change plugs, fuel filter, lube steering cable zerks, check drive shaft flange gap, clean flame arrester, replace raw water impeller...that should be about it. Rest of it is "inspect" plug wires, cap, rotor, engine mounts, exhaust, etc. I find inboards easier to maintain than my truck engine because you have access to everything. If you're comfortable working with basic hand tools, it really is fairly easy to accomplish all this yourself. Of course your personal time is valuable too. But this is something that could be easily done in a Saturday afternoon. If you search around on here some more I'm sure you'll find tips on how to do any of this. Good luck -

vogelm1
07-13-2006, 08:52 PM
Just ballparking the basic supplies you'd need to do 100 hour check yourself: new plugs ($30-50 tops), raw water impeller ($20), oil/filter ($15), transmission fluid ($8), grease ($4), fuel filter ($12), K&N filter recharge kit ($12) - you should be able to get everything you need to do yourself.

I spent the money and changed plugs this season and after a 100 hrs, the old ones looked brand new. Good insurance I guess, but in the future I'm going to hold off and change everyother, if that.