PDA

View Full Version : Lake Don Pedro tips & tricks

vegashomeexpert
07-13-2006, 05:19 PM
Going to Lake Don Pedro next week. Campsights are on the water. Anyboday have any suggestions on where to go or not on the water and off?:cool:

rick s.
07-13-2006, 06:09 PM
the waterfall is a good place...

RackAtak
07-13-2006, 06:45 PM
When are you going to be there? I will be in the area next week also and could meet up with you. We launch at Moccasin Point and usually hang out in the Woods Creek arm but we also anchor at Pig Island quite a bit near the waterfall. Let's get together.

RackAtak
07-13-2006, 06:50 PM
BTW...where are you camping?

rick s.
07-13-2006, 06:51 PM
here are where we have found good water and places to hang out. I'm sure others can add to this a great deal.

RackAtak
07-13-2006, 06:55 PM
Hey Rick...nice map! Those are MY spots on the North side though!:D

rick s.
07-13-2006, 07:09 PM
oops!!!!!!:D

Rixter_69
07-13-2006, 07:34 PM
Vegas - the best camping spots are the RV hook up spots on Fleming Meadows, H25-H31 are right on the water but ya gotta book a year in advance (H29 is MINE so you can't have it) :D We'll be there July 30-August 4th. If Pedro gets crowded, try McClure, best kep secret in the area (not anymore...duhhh)

Rixter_69
07-13-2006, 07:36 PM
here are where we have found good water and places to hang out. I'm sure others can add to this a great deal.

Rick - nice job on the map - you picked all the prime spots - Be careful around the floating toilet next to the slalom course, I caught a prop on the cables that hold the porta-potty last year, cost me a whole day of skiing and $459 for a new prop - not a good way to start the day.

I learned my lesson the hard way - WAIT UNTIL YOU CLEAR THE BOUYS BEFORE YOU PUNCH IT!

Cheers,

rick s.
07-13-2006, 08:00 PM
I think I should probably keep my x45 off the slalom course...

vegashomeexpert
07-22-2006, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the replies. Had a gout attack right before we left that distracted me from checking the thread. Never had gout before, first doctor said I had a sprained ankle. Had to got back to ER the night before we left so our trip wouldn't be ruined. Anyways, we stayed at Fleming Meadows A36 and A37. A36 is right on the water just at the end of the no wake zone from the marina. Perfect spot! Yes, the best water we found was in your lower circle. Amazing! Also, very impressive boats there. Saw tons of mastercraft and bu's. A few nautiques, calabrias..... Don't see boats like that at Lake Mead. The people we met from the bay area said there friends like to go there and warned them that it was "survival of the fittest". They had to be talking about the heat 'cause the amenities for camping and boating were great! The heat was only bad when we were on shore sleeping or eating. $5.38 a gallon for gas at the marina wasn't too pretty. If we were there any longer I would have pulled out to get gas at a station. Got there Sunday night and left Thursday afternoon and of course, time flew by and nobody wanted to leave, even with the heat. I would love to go back early fall when the water is still warm and the air is not.