PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on ski clinic

jlf
07-13-2006, 09:51 AM
I would like the attend the ski clinic that is coming to an area near me, my husband thinks it is a bit on the expensive side. The clinic is one day with Chris Sullivan, the groups are supposed to remain small so you get some one on one time with him, the price is $125 plus you must have an active waterski membership so I'd have to pay the $10 day for a total of $135 for a slalom clinic. Anyone ever attended one of Chris's clinics or another one? Does the price seem fair? Do you really learn much? I am still pretty much a beginner and I was hoping to get some advice before I learned a ton of bad habits that I have to break.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
07-13-2006, 10:01 AM
I would like the attend the ski clinic that is coming to an area near me, my husband thinks it is a bit on the expensive side. The clinic is one day with Chris Sullivan, the groups are supposed to remain small so you get some one on one time with him, the price is $125 plus you must have an active waterski membership so I'd have to pay the $10 day for a total of $135 for a slalom clinic. Anyone ever attended one of Chris's clinics or another one? Does the price seem fair? Do you really learn much? I am still pretty much a beginner and I was hoping to get some advice before I learned a ton of bad habits that I have to break.
I would GLADLY fork out $135 to spend a day getting instruction from him or just about any other pro. thats a deal IMO. Go for it! Thats a great opportunity! I wish I could attend that.

ski_king
07-13-2006, 10:10 AM
DO IT!!

I never went to a one day clinic, but I have gone to a week long ski school (where I had good instrucion, but the named "pro" never really saw me ski).
You will get 4 to 6 sessions on the water with time to rest in between and hopefully ride in the boat to pickup on the tips given to the others.

When the day is over, you will have picked up on may tips and be tireder than you ever believed you could be from skiing.

again GO FOR IT or you will regret it.

jlf
07-13-2006, 11:44 AM
anyone actually taken a ski clinic with Chris Sullivan?

rodltg2
07-13-2006, 11:51 AM
definatley worth it..

betsy&david Harrison
07-13-2006, 11:54 AM
anyone actually taken a ski clinic with Chris Sullivan?
Chris is an excellent coach. He used to come out to our lake with Rhonnie Barton. Very funny and sincere. You will get excellent coaching and have a great time too. I'm envious! It will be money well spent.
B

Upper Michigan Prostar190
07-13-2006, 11:55 AM
I agree with Ski King. you will regret it if you dont. $135 is a deal for that, and I am one of the cheapest SOBs you will ever find. Its a great opportunity for you to learn and ski with a great skier.

shepherd
07-13-2006, 01:24 PM
For comparison, from Coble Ski School web site:

One full day lessons $150
4 private ski lessons per day with personal instruction. This full day includes lunch and demo gear upon request.

Sounds like the $135 clinic is a good deal to me, especially since you won't have travel expenses. I guess it depends on how many "private ski lessons" (I guess that means "sets") you'll get for your $135.

TMCNo1
07-13-2006, 01:47 PM
The $10 for the Active Waterski membership is probably for insurance purposes to cover him as a coach and you as a student, IIRC.
As previously mentioned the price seems fair, all things taken into consideration.

#47of100TeamMC
07-13-2006, 02:05 PM
Last year I attended a Slalom clinic from Wade Cox here locally in Minnesota. Cost was 175$ it was on a public lake... little windy for the portable course that was out, so we just free skied on the calm side. Around a few fishermen. I not only learned a lot from him coaching me, but also a lot from him coaching others... This year his clinic was $225. same operation. I was unable to attend, and found out that Wade couldn't make it, so they found some guy named Chris Parrish to take his place. :mad:

so in short YES 135$ is a killer deal for a day on the water with a coach such as this.:twocents:

#47.

whitedog
07-13-2006, 03:00 PM
That a killer deal go for it.

rodltg2
07-13-2006, 03:03 PM
Last year I attended a Slalom clinic from Wade Cox here locally in Minnesota. Cost was 175$ it was on a public lake... little windy for the portable course that was out, so we just free skied on the calm side. Around a few fishermen. I not only learned a lot from him coaching me, but also a lot from him coaching others... This year his clinic was $225. same operation. I was unable to attend, and found out that Wade couldn't make it, so they found some guy named Chris Parrish to take his place. :mad:

so in short YES 135$ is a killer deal for a day on the water with a coach such as this.:twocents:

#47.

whats wrong wiht chris parrish? not a bad subsititute!

jraben8
07-13-2006, 03:28 PM
whats wrong wiht chris parrish? not a bad subsititute!

I smelled some sarcasm but that was just me. I think that was what he was saying...

#47of100TeamMC
07-13-2006, 03:33 PM
Yes, Sarcasm it was... I should have positioned the mean smily after "I was unable to go" instead of after Chris Parrish. I would have loved to go! and see Chris Ski maybe too. The year prior Wade claimed he had a bum shoulder and didn't ski at all. I also wanted to Razz Parrish for painting the Sixam to look like a monza...

jlf
07-13-2006, 03:41 PM
I want to go, so now I just have to get my husband to read this thread and see the money will be well spent, besides isn't his wife's happiness worth any amounT!!

shepherd
07-13-2006, 03:47 PM
besides isn't his wife's happiness worth any amounT!!

Oh yeah ;) definitely!

#47of100TeamMC
07-13-2006, 03:48 PM
I want to go, so now I just have to get my husband to read this thread and see the money will be well spent, besides isn't his wife's happiness worth any amounT!!

Ya know, I thought the 225$ was getting a little high. and then I looked at the Coble ski school and saw that on non-peak months, it is only 650$ for a week of instruction... I think I'm saving my pennies and taking a week long next year. (maybe as a welcome back present to myself for surviving ACL surgery this winter... assuming of course that I do survive.)

jlf
07-21-2006, 10:28 AM
Sucky thing is there was not enough interest for a two day clinic so the dealership that was hosting the clinic only booked Chis Sullivan for the one day, of course it is the day I work. I have to say thank you very much to them and all there hard work. They held a spot for me, I had to give it up because of work, then they tried to get me into a clinic on the day I had off, it had nothing to do with them adn they were still working with me to get me into the clinic. Turns out that clinic fell through so no ski clinic for me. Darn work, always in the way!!! Thank you again to the dealership for all the hard work, you know who you are! If anyone knows of any good ski clinics or ski schools in WI or eastern MN please let me know.