PDA

View Full Version : I've gone and done it now!

TMCNo1
07-12-2006, 04:41 PM
Monday night after getting off TT and laying down on the couch, I went to sleep. The wife leaves me asleep, cuts off the light and TV and goes to bed.
I wake up about 12:30am , get up and in a sleep daze, dumb me tripped in the dark and about fell and slammed my left foot [toes] into the big table in front of our sectional sofa.
Yesterday I noticed my last 3 toes and my foot behind them were blue, my foot was swollen and there was a big blood blister on my next to last toe.
Went to the Doctor this morning and he sent me for X-Rays and........................I HAVE 2 BROKEN TOES!
The blister is called an Break Blister, normally happens on broken toes. He burst the blister, applies an anticeptic and bandaged the toes up. Fortunately I have no pain, because of Peripheral Neurothapy [numbness in the extremeties] in my toes due to Chemotherapy from Colon Cancer and Type 2 Diabetes. The nurse said if my toes weren't numb I would be in some serious pain. I guess I'll mow the lawn tomorrow and NO I did not hurt the table, just my pride!

east tx skier
07-12-2006, 04:46 PM
Bummer. At least it doesn't hurt. Maybe you should give your avatar some crutches. :)

TMCNo1
07-12-2006, 04:48 PM
Bummer. At least it doesn't hurt. Maybe you should give your avatar some crutches. :)

Thank's Doug, I needed that laugh, as I am so -issed at myself!
I look so stupid walking around with 1 sock on, well......................No crutches, I can walk OK, but like the chicken, I just need a brain!

Ric
07-12-2006, 04:52 PM
no barefooting for 6 weeks #1

billr
07-12-2006, 05:57 PM
I hope they are not dark knee highs and shorts!!

M-Funf
07-12-2006, 06:07 PM
Sorry to hear about it...Peripheral Neurothapy can be pretty dangerous...you can really hurt yourself and not know...A buddy of mine in college had the same. He used a torch to cut a ball-and-chain from his foot that I put on with a padlock. He didn't feel anything until he started smelling "something" burning :eek:

TMCNo1
07-12-2006, 07:25 PM
I hope they are not dark knee highs and shorts!!

NO, for the good of the world!
Doctor said wear a sock to help soap up moisture, so I got some short tennis shoe socks. I'm redneck enough, besides I don't have a t-shirt with the sleeves cut off to complete the outfit.

milkmania
07-12-2006, 08:05 PM
Sorry to hear about it...Peripheral Neurothapy can be pretty dangerous...you can really hurt yourself and not know...A buddy of mine in college had the same. He used a torch to cut a ball-and-chain from his foot that I put on with a padlock. He didn't feel anything until he started smelling "something" burning :eek:

is that one of them college initiation things I hear about

TMCNo1
07-12-2006, 09:05 PM

In my case Milk, it was a DA initiation. My first ever broke bone!:eek:

Upper Michigan Prostar190
07-13-2006, 08:14 AM
Thats a bummer Harold. Sorry to hear that:( Well, talk to Tex and get some tips on how to lay up for a while. Maybe he can loan you Inga for a while. Take care and dont goof them up any further.

SkiDog
07-13-2006, 11:02 AM
At least now, IF you are laid up. you can do some editing on the NC Girls Gone Wild video clips that I sent you!:D

M-Funf
07-13-2006, 11:19 AM

He was gettin' married, so we chained a 12 lb roller to his ankle with a short chain so he had to hunch over to carry the ball when he walked. They chained it to MY ankle the year before...just paying it forward 8p

TMCNo1
07-13-2006, 11:40 AM
Thanks everyone for the condolences, but I have no pain, the bruising is starting to go away and except for having to look at it, it is OK. Just weedeated, mowed, raked, cleaned everything up, but can't get it wet and infected. Diabetics have trouble healing and foot injuries can easily lead to infections, gang green and amputation. I don't want a peg leg, then UMP would appoint me as Chief Pirate, make me wear a eye patch and I'd have to put a hook on my right hand, Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg!