PDA

View Full Version : Low V-Drive Oil Pressure

DigitalBoy
07-12-2006, 03:02 PM
I searched and read previous threads, but everything appears to refer to low engine oil pressure - I don't have that problem. I have the V-Drive oil pressure light on. I know it's lit at idle, but should disappear above 1,200rpm or so. Of course I checked the oil level and all appears fine. No other issues to report. It's just not nice to see warning lamps :(

So, do I have a major issue, or is this possibly a faulty pressure sensor? The manual doesn't seem to list this as a cut engine or die kind of event "not harmful, provided oil level is sufficient", but goes on to say "take the boat to your dealer for service"

Any wise words of advice?
TIA
db

bigmac
07-12-2006, 03:06 PM
I searched and read previous threads, but everything appears to refer to low engine oil pressure - I don't have that problem. I have the V-Drive oil pressure light on. I know it's lit at idle, but should disappear above 1,200rpm or so. Of course I checked the oil level and all appears fine. No other issues to report. It's just not nice to see warning lamps :(

So, do I have a major issue, or is this possibly a faulty pressure sensor? The manual doesn't seem to list this as a cut engine or die kind of event "not harmful, provided oil level is sufficient", but goes on to say "take the boat to your dealer for service"

Any wise words of advice?
TIA
db

What year boat, what V-drive?

DigitalBoy
07-12-2006, 03:46 PM
94 Maristar 225VRS, Walters V-Drive.