PDA

View Full Version : Massage Chair?

Datdude
07-12-2006, 10:32 AM
Does anyone here have a massage chair? We have looked at the IJOY chairs and they seem to be pretty nice with reasonable prices. I would like to stay under $1000 if possible. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

east tx skier
07-12-2006, 11:03 AM
I think Tex has one called the Inga. Not so much of a chair though. ;)

Mikey
07-12-2006, 11:39 AM
If you really want to go cheap the homemedics shiatsu massager works great. It slips over the back of the chair. The Chiropractor strongly recomended it. It was the best 100 bucks I have ever spent. Had it for 2 years and lots of use and still works as good as the day that I bought it.

Leroy
07-12-2006, 11:47 AM
Hang onto the rope and roll over on your back....hit it. You cannot get a massage like that anywhere else.;)

gr8smiles
07-12-2006, 11:56 AM
I have had an IJoy for a couple of years. I keep it at the office and nap during lunch, or if I have a stressful patient and need a quick blow....:D It works really well. I have thought about buying another for the lake cabin.

Datdude
07-12-2006, 12:03 PM
I have had an IJoy for a couple of years. I keep it at the office and nap during lunch, or if I have a stressful patient and need a quick blow....:D It works really well. I have thought about buying another for the lake cabin.

Do you know what model IJOY you have? It seems that they range from $600 and up with very little visible difference.

Thanks for the input guys....keep it coming

Datdude
07-12-2006, 12:06 PM
Hang onto the rope and roll over on your back....hit it. You cannot get a massage like that anywhere else.;)

I might have to try that tonight:D

gr8smiles
07-12-2006, 12:15 PM
I have the IJoy Turbo 2. I originally bought the leg addition, but returned it. I just use the chair. I have the 'velour' type fabric.

Datdude
07-12-2006, 04:30 PM
I would also like to try one of those things that hangs you upside down by your feet.......it seems like that would feel really good. Has anyone used on of those?

sassydog
07-12-2006, 04:41 PM
my mom bought one for my dad a couple years ago from Sharper Image. Ever since i moved out of the house, they've bought a lot of other really nice things too!. That chair is something amazing! It'll do an incredible job on you and leave you felling like a million buck, and i was pretty skeptical. you can't watch TV in it though, cause it has a tendency to shake you up a bit.

Tom023
07-12-2006, 04:43 PM
We have three iJoys at work in the Lizzard Lounge. I head in there to relax and log on to TT. I've tried the hang upside down thing, just once. It's tough doing for very long as the blood rushes to your head. I'd pass on that contraption. :twocents:

gr8smiles
07-12-2006, 04:54 PM
Have you been in my house???

I bought one of the hangy things about 3 months ago. I hang like a bat every night while listening to Jay Leno's monologue....

I think that it really stretches me out. I am a dentist, so occupationally, I am hunched over all day. The blood does ruch to your head, but you will get used to it.

I love mine. You might try one somewhere 1st. I had a massage therapist who had one in her home and I tried hers.

Tom023
07-12-2006, 05:18 PM
Maybe I should give it another try, I could use some separation between my lower discs.

Leroy
07-12-2006, 05:24 PM
They look like torture but many seem to like them.

I would also like to try one of those things that hangs you upside down by your feet.......it seems like that would feel really good. Has anyone used on of those?

Datdude
07-12-2006, 05:24 PM
Maybe I should give it another try, I could use some separation between my lower discs.

That sounds like it would be great right about now.

Probably going to go to the store tonight and pick up an IJOY chair and see how it goes. Thanks for the help guys:D

Workin' 4 Toys
07-13-2006, 01:50 PM
DD,
Not that it will help much, but I would do it again. We looked at "chairs" too. Not sure you cause for the search.
We opted for the Hot tub.........My back and marriage have been better ever since...;)

Datdude
07-13-2006, 10:18 PM
DD,
Not that it will help much, but I would do it again. We looked at "chairs" too. Not sure you cause for the search.
We opted for the Hot tub.........My back and marriage have been better ever since...;)

I would love a hot tub, but the house we are in is not our "dream house" and I expect to be out in about a year. My next house WILL have a hot tub. Thanks for the suggestion

I am fairly upset that both places in our area (30 miles) that carry massage chairs have to order them and are NOT in stock. Damn the bad luck:mad: