PDA

View Full Version : new X-9 setup hep a brutha out

redx9
07-11-2006, 03:02 PM
New to the MC thing, new to surfing and all related activities.

Gonna try wakesurfing this weekend, bought the board (the big one) and want setuup tips.

Do I fill the front / keel ballast AND the rear one for starting out, right?

Tried that on a cruise the other day, went across my own wake and thought she was gonna sink. Lots of water over the bow. This normal ?

How fast should I go to start ? Boat is an 06 x-9 with the 310HP powerslot. Standard ballast installed.

so:

speed
rope length (no handle)
how much ballast and where
anything else that hasn't already been beaten to death in this forum.

Thanks, any tips appreciated.

east tx skier
07-11-2006, 03:18 PM
Welcome. This thread (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=9954&highlight=weighting) on weighting the X9 might help on the ballast question.

redx9
07-11-2006, 03:26 PM
Welcome. This thread (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=9954&highlight=weighting) on weighting the X9 might help on the ballast question.

thanks, looks like a lot of you guys are into custom setups- presumably I can get started without all that...

Still appreciate any input on exact rope length from the tower to the end, speed to begin at and anything else useful.

dapicatti
07-11-2006, 04:33 PM
We use a wakesurfing rope - 20' long off of the pylon not the tower.
We drive 10mph in a big circle, with all the weight on the side of the boat you are going to surf on- people and ballast.

We tried using a regular rope with a handle, was way too scary.

Good luck and post some pics of the new boat!

PendO
07-11-2006, 04:45 PM
www.howtowakesurf.com

check out where the rub rail is on that boat ... if you can weight your boat to do that you are good to go!

Ryan27r
07-27-2006, 02:11 AM
For the X-9 I would use stock ballast Front and rear and get all the passengers on the side the surfer is on. The X-9 I ride behind throws a pretty good wake going straight, if the wake has a white lip on the top turn left or right to make it go away. Also we use a 20 foot foot rope and go between 8-9 depending on the rider