PDA

View Full Version : Not Working List

Alteczen
07-11-2006, 11:33 AM
Most of the software upgrades to the site have been completed (Forum, Showcase, Marketplace). I can't surf through every page and feature of the site so if you find anything that is not working correctly please post it here. I'll try and address the issue as soon as possible.

I know the downloads are not working yet... I'll get to that.

Please provide a link or brief description so I can locate and/or know what you are talking about.

Thanks...

bigmac
07-11-2006, 11:36 AM
Most of the software upgrades to the site have been completed (Forum, Showcase, Marketplace). I can't surf through every page and feature of the site so if you find anything that is not working correctly please post it here. I'll try and address the issue as soon as possible.

Please provide a link or brief description so I can locate and/or know what you are talking about.

Thanks...

Very smooth upgrade, especially so given the the many add-on features this site incorporates. Nice work.

My only addition to the list is some functionality problem with FireFox that I noticed last night - some of the buttons and smilies in the edit window for new posts didn't work.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
07-11-2006, 11:37 AM

Thanks...
When I saw "not working" I thought you were talking about me.:o :uglyhamme

I cant send Private Messages. I have tried several times yesterday and today, and I cant. I click on the TT member, and nothing happens. :confused:

Ric
07-11-2006, 11:41 AM
Erkle is not working

07-11-2006, 11:59 AM
I cant go into "quick links" to change my signature.

wait, thats wierd, now it works.....

M-Funf
07-11-2006, 12:19 PM
I use Mozilla Firefox. On some pages, I can't click on the "thread tools" drop down, but on others, I can...

On the bright side, I now have a camera icon :)

east tx skier
07-11-2006, 12:36 PM
I use Mozilla Firefox. On some pages, I can't click on the "thread tools" drop down, but on others, I can...

On the bright side, I now have a camera icon :)

I could be wrong on this one, but the "thread tools" may be filled with mod toys.

/edit. Okay, that's wrong. Appears to be 3 thread tools like "email, subscribe, print." It drops down for me. Also using firefox.

milkmania
07-11-2006, 02:55 PM

Thanks...
I use the WYSIWYG feature in my posts, and it stopped working during the upgrade....pretty handy little feature

Go To:
User CP
EDIT Options
bottom of page

screen shot below

*edit: I also use Firefox, let me confirm with IE

*edit # 2: Broke in both IE & Firefox

east tx skier
07-11-2006, 05:54 PM
My thread tools link seems to have gone on strike in older threads.

TMCNo1
07-11-2006, 06:58 PM
I have found that if you want to view someone's profile off of a post or thread, it will go to the profile only if they have a avatar and you can only click on the avatar, not the screen name. If not, you have to find their screen name somewhere besides in a post or thread and click on it, like in "Last Post" or "Online Users".

Ric
07-11-2006, 07:02 PM
no top ten posters list on the homepage? WFT will be very unhappy about this.

Alteczen
07-11-2006, 11:50 PM
dropdowns should be fixed in Firefox.

6ballsisall
07-11-2006, 11:52 PM
The post hoe indicator feature isn't working :D

east tx skier
07-11-2006, 11:52 PM
dropdowns should be fixed in Firefox.

I'll check it out.

/edit. Cool. Thanks!

07-11-2006, 11:59 PM
The post hoe indicator feature isn't working :D

http://naonaonao.no.sapo.pt/xobineskipatruska/erik%20estrada.jpgyou talkin bout me JR? Im working fine!:D http://naonaonao.no.sapo.pt/xobineskipatruska/erik%20estrada.jpg

east tx skier
07-12-2006, 12:21 AM
UMP, looks like it's working to me. ;)

bigmac
07-12-2006, 12:31 AM
dropdowns should be fixed in Firefox.Yup. Working great now.

Hoosier Bob
07-12-2006, 12:32 AM
As long as you guys set it up so that I am faster than all of the others I am cool with it!:D

Alteczen
07-12-2006, 10:11 AM
Here is what I have that still needs to be addressed:
bigmac-
functionality problem with FireFox - some of the buttons and smilies in the edit window for new posts didn't work.

milkmania-
WYSIWYG feature

Did I miss anything?

TMCno1 - not quite sure what you are talking about....?

TMCNo1
07-12-2006, 10:24 AM
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][SIZE=3]

It fixed itself overnight, probably just impatient and part of the upgrade healing process. All is good now!
If you click on a avatar it takes you directly to the member profile, if you click on the screen name it gives you the option box to go to profile e-mail, PM, etc.!
Thanks!

bigmac
07-12-2006, 10:24 AM
Here is what I have that still needs to be addressed:
bigmac-
functionality problem with FireFox - some of the buttons and smilies in the edit window for new posts didn't work.

milkmania-
WYSIWYG feature

Did I miss anything?

Yup. Buttons in the edit window for new posts still not working with Firefox. I have to manually insert the tags.

east tx skier
07-12-2006, 10:57 AM
BigMac, do you mean that when you edit your post (in firefox), the buttons, i.e., bold, italics, etc., don't work?

Alteczen, if it's not too late, I think a feature enabling the user who started a thread to edit the title of that thread might be helpful. At this point, the mods can do it on request, but it might be a helpful feature.

bigmac
07-12-2006, 11:18 AM
BigMac, do you mean that when you edit your post (in firefox), the buttons, i.e., bold, italics, etc., don't work?
Yes, that's what I mean. Works OK in Internet Exploder, though.

Alteczen, if it's not too late, I think a feature enabling the user who started a thread to edit the title of that thread might be helpful. At this point, the mods can do it on request, but it might be a helpful feature.

In the Admin control panel, there is a time limit for the thread originator to be able to change the thread title - it's not a matter of setting that ability on or off. Default is 5 minutes. I'm not sure if setting that to zero disables that limit or not.

http://mccollister.info/timelimit.jpg

http://mccollister.info/threadtitle2.jpg

east tx skier
07-12-2006, 11:21 AM
Okay, so this is a test (in firefox) of the buttons when I edit.

Now I'm editing. Let's see. Looks as if it works.

bigmac
07-12-2006, 11:29 AM
Okay, so this is a test (in firefox) of the buttons when I edit.

Now I'm editing. Let's see. Looks as if it works.
Cool. Working for me too. Boy, that's service...

Also fixed just now was my ability to post attachments.

RexDog1
07-12-2006, 11:47 AM
When I go in with firefox
The Attach Files are not working
On a thread all is says is

Attach Files
Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd rar txt xls zip

I cannot attach a photo to a thread !!!!!

Hummm, maybe that would make some people happy?

Or maybe it is a problem is between my chair and my keyboard?

I will work on some things on my side

east tx skier
07-12-2006, 11:49 AM
Working for me (in firefox).

Ric
07-12-2006, 11:52 AM
with the upgrade, do we get the option of larger avatars?

Please?

RexDog1
07-12-2006, 12:06 PM
Working for me (in firefox). East TX You suck .JK, So it is on my side, hummmm, I will work on it LOL

bigmac
07-12-2006, 12:20 PM
with the upgrade, do we get the option of larger avatars?

Please?

That's always been just a setting that can be set in the Admin control panel. They can be any size, but larger = more transfer overhead and more storage, so it's customary to limit avatars and profile pics. TT is currently limited to avatars of 80x80 pixels and 19.5 kb whether you upload or link. They could make it larger, but they'd have to pay a price. This is a big site with a lot of members.

http://mccollister.info/avatarcp.jpg

Ric
07-12-2006, 12:32 PM
That's always been just a setting that can be set in the Admin control panel. They can be any size, but larger = more transfer overhead and more storage, so it's customary to limit avatars and profile pics. TT is currently limited to avatars of 80x80 pixels and 19.5 kb whether you upload or link. They could make it larger, but they'd have to pay a price. This is a big site with a lot of members.

http://mccollister.info/avatarcp.jpg

that sounds like a "no"

Alteczen
07-12-2006, 12:38 PM
I can't help you with "adjustments". Those are requests that you have to send to the guys from MC. I can make the changes if they approve but my scope of work is to upgrade the software and make sure that the stuff that should work works....

So the only item left (at this point) is...?
milkmania-
WYSIWYG feature

RexDog1
07-12-2006, 12:40 PM
Thank You, East TX for the help
I think I have it now????

TMCNo1
07-12-2006, 06:03 PM
I still think that a Join Team MasterCraft link should be shown on the Team Talk home page as it was before the updates.

east tx skier
07-12-2006, 06:08 PM
Wasn't working before the update, but the weather thingy would be nice, too. Don't know if this falls under the update umbrella though.

milkmania
07-12-2006, 08:05 PM
So the only item left (at this point) is...?
milkmania-
WYSIWYG feature

it's all good, I'm probably the only one that uses it anyway.
I like it because when I attach an image, it shows up in the post window and let's me move/edit my text accordingly.

thanks for watching out for us:)

Alteczen
07-12-2006, 09:37 PM
Weather will be fixed.. team mc link will return. there are a few more items that I will get to. Stay tuned...

TMCNo1
07-12-2006, 09:57 PM
Weather will be fixed.. Stay tuned...

While you are at it throw in some rain! Thanks for your hard work!

TMCNo1
07-12-2006, 10:02 PM
OK now, where did the "smiles" go?

Edit, the smiles are there on a quote to a reply, but not on just a quick reply or when you edit a reply you posted!

billr
07-12-2006, 10:08 PM
How is that chicken dancing with two broken claws??

TMCNo1
07-12-2006, 10:12 PM
How is that chicken dancing with two broken claws??

Very carefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TMCNo1
07-12-2006, 10:23 PM
While you are at it throw in some rain! Thanks for your hard work!

I go back to the TT homepage and the weather is back on there and it is showing it for my hometown too. God, you guys are good, just like rubbing a bottle and a genie pops out!

Edit, and now the homepage has been rearranged, great!

TMCNo1
07-13-2006, 12:52 PM
Did the system go down last night about 9:30pm and come back up about 8:00am this morning?
I went away from TT last night and came back only to find it would not respond. I shut everything down and watched TV and tried again about 11:00pm with no luck. I noticed the times of threads and posts had a blank space of about 11 hours.

east tx skier
07-13-2006, 12:57 PM
Great deal on the weather! Thanks!

On my quick links list, there used to be an edit avatar button that is no longer there. Not high priority (or any priority for that matter), but just something I noticed in the transition.

Alteczen
07-13-2006, 09:05 PM
Not sure what happened to the site last night either. I was making some aesthetic modifications and I could no longer get the site to respond. I don't know the ins and outs of the hosting side of things anymore so I don't have much more info to offer up. I'm in the same place - went to bed and was up again today.

ETS - Images on the front page will be fixed. Getting to that.

What do you guys think about the 2 column layout now? I think it evens the information presented and spaces things better so that the key items (news, recent threads) aren't bunched up in the center.

TMCNo1
07-13-2006, 09:16 PM
Looks great, still will take a little getting use to, but will adapt!

'02xrider
07-15-2006, 11:41 AM
Does the "Download" button at the top work for anyone?

bigmac
07-15-2006, 11:53 AM
Does the "Download" button at the top work for anyone?

"Fatal error"

Call to undefined function: globalize() in /home/tmcowne/public_html/teamtalk/local_links.php on line 60

Alteczen
07-15-2006, 12:07 PM
I'm aware of that one... it's on the priority list

07-15-2006, 12:39 PM
I also am getting some very slow loading of pages here. The rest of the internet works fine, so its not my ISP. I get it occasionally. and I also have noticed some double post issues, as I have posted and when I hit "submit reply" it kinda locks up....

just a few other things I noticed.

TMCNo1
07-15-2006, 01:30 PM
I have noticed the last few nights, at the top of the hour in the early evening, around 7 to 9 pm, the site kinda goes dead for about 5 minutes. I can back out of screens but cannot advance. Have tried to get to TT via the MC site and clicking on TT and it won't come up either. Then, it mysteriously starts working as quick as it stopped. My 2 cents worth!

TMCNo1
07-15-2006, 02:00 PM
Before someone says it, yea I know, I should learn to back out to the right since this is a Mastercraft site.

TMCNo1
07-21-2006, 05:25 PM
I sure wish you would put the online users box back in the upper right hand corner of the TT Home Page where it originally was, near the recent posts and threads.

LakePirate
07-21-2006, 06:30 PM
I sure wish you would put the online users box back in the upper right hand corner of the TT Home Page where it originally was, near the recent posts and threads.

I would agree with that request.

Do the gods that host this site have it on a loaded out server?

I know that you said you don't have that type of info anymore, but it makes me feel good to ask.

Ric
07-21-2006, 07:38 PM
seems like every afternoon around 4p the site goes dead here too

TMCNo1
07-21-2006, 09:15 PM
It's been that way since before the site update. I hoped that was part of the things they would remedy. Here it's like that from about 4 to 6 to 6:30, kinda comes and goes for the 2+ hours, so I guess someone is trying to tell us it's dinner time. I thought it was my digital service provider, but everything else I try pops up and works great.
I guess someone needs to put another log in the stove around 3 or so, up at the big house!