PDA

View Full Version : Best prop for xstar?

beeficus cakicus
07-11-2006, 01:45 AM
Hi, its my first post here. I have an 05 xstar. What kind of experiences have any of you xstar owners had with different props. I currently have a SS 14x18, but I want to buy a different one as a spare. Also, is it common for someone to have two props...one for pulling and one for speed? Thanks.

PendO
07-11-2006, 02:21 AM
Hi, its my first post here. I have an 05 xstar. What kind of experiences have any of you xstar owners had with different props. I currently have a SS 14x18, but I want to buy a different one as a spare. Also, is it common for someone to have two props...one for pulling and one for speed? Thanks.

we have two on an 04 ... what engine do you have?

Our original SS that came OEM cracked (manf. defect), so we have two different nibral OJ's ... a large pitched one for crusing, and a smaller pitched one when my brother has a bunch of friends and ballast in the boat ... early on we would switch props once a weekend, but now we pretty much just leave the larger pitched prop on as it is nicer for the 50 mile round trip ride up to Sandpoint and back.

The smaller pitched prop is really nice for wakesurfing if you have a lot of weight in the boat.

beeficus cakicus
07-11-2006, 07:15 AM
I have the caddy engine