PDA

View Full Version : Is the X2 worth 20K more that the X1?

mitch
07-10-2006, 03:09 PM
Buddy sold his 03 Bu Wakesetter at the end of last year, and convinced himself he did not need a WB boat. Well he's itching again, and I'm trying to get him back to MC (he's owned a Maristar). Just looking for opinions on the X1 vs. the X2, and is there 20K diff? Thanks!!

MYMC
07-10-2006, 03:19 PM
Boat to boat & option to option when considered equally equipped the difference is around $10K...and yes it is worth every dime of the difference. (IMHO)

If you want the progression that the X-Star wake brought to the table in 2003 then the X2 is the boat to go for.

Harvey
07-10-2006, 03:50 PM
I'll play devils advocate but I would recommend riding behind the boat. If you are looking for a great wake I personally think that the X1 can't be beat. But overall I can see the extra money being worth it for the extra amenities you get in the X2. If I am buying a boat to wakeboard behind then I am going X1 (which I did), if I am buying a boat to do many things one of which is wakeboard I would probably go with X2. Just my 2 cents.

rodltg2
07-10-2006, 04:08 PM
x1 old technology, x2 new. new cost more....

gr8smiles
07-10-2006, 04:23 PM
I had a 2000 X-Star for 5 years. I now have an 05 X-Star. I rode behind an X-2 at the Tennessee Fly-In a few weeks ago. All I can say is 'wow'!

I was very impressed. It handled and drove better than my X-Star. The wake was as good or better. We were foiling so I can't compare with wakeboarding. It was every bit as solid and high as my boat.

I will look seriously look at the X-2 in the future, but that will be a while as I love my X-Star. My old X-Star (the current X1) didn't even compare to either the X2 or the X-Star.

SteveO
07-10-2006, 05:40 PM
I'll play devils advocate but I would recommend riding behind the boat. If you are looking for a great wake I personally think that the X1 can't be beat. But overall I can see the extra money being worth it for the extra amenities you get in the X2. If I am buying a boat to wakeboard behind then I am going X1 (which I did), if I am buying a boat to do many things one of which is wakeboard I would probably go with X2. Just my 2 cents.

I have seen Harvey and his crew throw down behind the X1 and all I can say is WOW. I thought the pro-tour was on the lake. A buddy of mine also just bought the X 1 and it puts out a great wake. It is all about choices??? By the time you equip the X1 the spread between the X1 and X2 is not 20K.

mitch
07-10-2006, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the input guys! The spread of 20K from a local dealer is for a lightly equiped X1 and a fully pimped X2. I'm riding behind an X2 this weekend, so it'll be nice to compare.

Harvey
07-10-2006, 07:02 PM
Thanks for the nod SteveO it was nice seeing you guys out on the water. We had two locally sponsored riders out that day.

Comparing two boats really boils down to personal preference but this is the key to remember: Test Drive, Test Drive, Test Drive. The more time you can spend in and behind each boat the better you will know which one is the boat for you. Worry about the cost later. If you rush it and buy one without trying the other you might regret it later.

dapicatti
07-11-2006, 12:10 AM
I had a 2000 X-Star for 5 years. I now have an 05 X-Star. I rode behind an X-2 at the Tennessee Fly-In a few weeks ago. All I can say is 'wow'!

I was very impressed. It handled and drove better than my X-Star. The wake was as good or better. We were foiling so I can't compare with wakeboarding. It was every bit as solid and high as my boat.

I will look seriously look at the X-2 in the future, but that will be a while as I love my X-Star. My old X-Star (the current X1) didn't even compare to either the X2 or the X-Star.

It's good to hear that a X-Star owner likes the X-2. We love our X-2 and think of it as the "offspring" of the X-Star. We looked at the X-1 but it did not compare in any way, and the X-2 seemed to fit our needs better. :cool:

erkoehler
07-11-2006, 12:26 AM
X2 is an awesome boat.....don't forget the X1 though, its no slouch.;) Also, if you like to ski, the X1 is approved as a towboat as a ski boat. If you put just alittle weight in the bow while slaloming, it puts out a good wake and holds the line really well :)

sand2snow22
07-11-2006, 01:00 AM
X2 is an awesome boat.....don't forget the X1 though, its no slouch.;) Also, if you like to ski, the X1 is approved as a towboat as a ski boat. If you put just alittle weight in the bow while slaloming, it puts out a good wake and holds the line really well :)

A little weight in the bow? How about the front sac?

mitch
07-11-2006, 07:30 AM

Eric, How would the slalom wake compare to my 00 PS205DD? I would have thought it would be terrible

erkoehler
07-11-2006, 08:39 AM
A little weight in the bow? How about the front sac?

Front sac would work, but a person in the bow is better. All the boat needs is some weight to push the nose down. The front sac is really a "middle of the boat" sac, and when slaloming the handling is really improved (in my opinion) with some weight as far forward as possible.

erkoehler
07-11-2006, 08:40 AM
Eric, How would the slalom wake compare to my 00 PS205DD? I would have thought it would be terrible

Definetly wouldn't classify it as terrible....but, it is a V-drive. If your in the course the majority of the time, your going to want a DD, but for the family where the kids love to wakeboard and the parents are still out there skiing and occassionally in the course the X-1 is a great fit.

ridehype4life
07-11-2006, 09:41 AM
For a boat of its size, I will admit that the new X2 has a TON of room compared to the X1, but when talking about stock or slammed wakes, you can't beat the good ol 205V.

corey
07-11-2006, 09:52 AM
Our retail manager, straight line/liquid force rep and a competitors sales guy have skied an X-2 through the course which they all did last year behind an X-1. Either will board or ski awesome, but as far as future resale I think the extra seating and storage of the X-2 will far outpace the X-1. In 10 years there are going to be a lot more used V drives on the market than there are right now and its always easy to sell space.

X-45
07-11-2006, 10:53 AM
I wish they would do a stepped hull on the X-Star.:cool:

MYMC
07-11-2006, 10:59 AM
I wish they would do a stepped hull on the X-Star.:cool:
I'll bite...why?

rodltg2
07-11-2006, 12:00 PM
whats a stepped hull?

slink976
07-11-2006, 12:35 PM
Man you guys! I am a new member here and am getting depressed, I literally just bought the 2006 X2 and will be picking it up on july 21st! this is my second Mastercraft and to me there just is no other boat. My first was a 2001 PS190, which is for sale any takers!!! I have been struggling with my tricks due to the size of the wake and finally was able to talk the wife into an upgrade(that and the boat was on sale for 57k was that a good deal?) so all positives please! don't make me think about this BAD &*% upgrade!!!!!

rodltg2
07-11-2006, 12:40 PM
dang those things cost almost 60grand!! im glad i dont like wakeboarding... i couldnt afford it..

bcampbe7
07-11-2006, 12:45 PM
Man you guys! I am a new member here and am getting depressed, I literally just bought the 2006 X2 and will be picking it up on july 21st! this is my second Mastercraft and to me there just is no other boat. My first was a 2001 PS190, which is for sale any takers!!! I have been struggling with my tricks due to the size of the wake and finally was able to talk the wife into an upgrade(that and the boat was on sale for 57k was that a good deal?) so all positives please! don't make me think about this BAD &*% upgrade!!!!!

From everything that I have heard of the new X2, you will not be disappointed.:cool:

Be sure to post up some pics when it arrives.

slink976
07-11-2006, 12:55 PM
That will be my pleasure, heck I might even post the pic where i finally land that pesky flip or atleast i'll have some good pics for the "Thats gotta hurt" Post!

:))

Lee

mitch
07-11-2006, 01:24 PM
Hi Lee, Welcome to the board and I'm sure you won;t be disappointed in the X2 Sounds like a great boat.

Well, I locked in a ride behind a X2 this weekend. Local (new) MC dealer is having a WB clinic w/ Eric Gerner. Anybody know him? 5 in the boat, plus driver and Eric for 3.5 hrs for 20 bucks. Wife is going and does not ride, so I'll take her time if my body will hold out. Can't wait to see that wake and boat. Wife is all slalom all the time, but she has fun watching people ride, and wanted to go, so it s/b fun.

Eric's 05 Achievements:
5th at Nationals 2005
3rd at Worlds 2005
1st at Wakefest 2005

SteveO
07-11-2006, 03:06 PM
[QUOTE=mitch]Hi Lee, Welcome to the board and I'm sure you won;t be disappointed in the X2 Sounds like a great boat.

Well, I locked in a ride behind a X2 this weekend. Local (new) MC dealer is having a WB clinic w/ Eric Gerner. Anybody know him? 5 in the boat, plus driver and Eric for 3.5 hrs for 20 bucks.

Sound like a really cheap way to see the boat, a really good rider and get some pointers. Have fun and be sure to post pics next week. We will be waiting

mitch
07-11-2006, 03:17 PM
Steve, I can't wait, and yes I'll post some pics next week. I've done this 3 times before, but it always seems to be Tige' dealer that puts something together. That TAP's system is terrible. I'm looking for a wake that will scare the crap outta me, and the X2 should fit the bill.:D The last one to do that was an 04 Bu VLX, that wake was huge!

dapicatti
07-11-2006, 03:37 PM

You will love your X-2. We got ours for about the same price and yes it is a good deal. Price really depends on options on the boat, but overall it's a good price. We priced 4 different dealers and were lucky that the one in our area had the best price.

What color combo did you go with? If your wife likes to drive, she will love driving the X-2. Keep us posted on your delivery progress!

slink976
07-11-2006, 03:44 PM
slate gray, I got it fully loaded! heaters, mirror, swivel board racks, 1000#, umm and a bunch more too! sorry at work and am brain farting like you're supposed too when the boss makes you come in! HA and he thinks i am working on a white paper right now. oh yeah just bought a new boat, maybe i should work, nah. anyways I will be posting up pics asap so stay tuned. Also i got pics of my ps190 under a different topic, i think it like new to the club or something. Check those out!

rabooze
07-11-2006, 04:40 PM
X2 vs. X Star: Aside from the length, what are the major differences? Convince me why I sohuld pay hte extra for the Star versus the 2.......

slink976
07-11-2006, 04:49 PM
I got the X2 well 1.) Price 2.) Size (x2 will fit in garage) and 3.)reviews and price to value. Star = 22k more then x2!!

djhuff
07-11-2006, 04:50 PM
The Slate grey is a sick color (i wonder why I like it). Boat is great. Last boat I had, there were always little things I wished were different... this boat has NONE. The trailer on the other hand...

slink976
07-11-2006, 05:17 PM
I heard lining it up on the trailer is a pain. what are your thoughts?

agua4fun
07-11-2006, 05:50 PM
I rode in (not behind) an X2 last weekend. Man, I could not believe that it was only 4" longer than my pro-star. that thing is huge inside. How'd they do it??? the thing drives like a dream too. I'd love to own one of those, and just think 'slink' you will have both boats at the same time!!! now thats a dream!

slink976
07-11-2006, 06:50 PM
'slink' you will have both boats at the same time!!! now thats a dream!

:( payments turning out to be a nightmare!

TOO-TALL
07-11-2006, 09:30 PM

I also rode behind the X2 at the TN Flyin and was very impressed.I currently have a 2003 X2.And the wake behind the 06'x2 was very big and very solid and has lots of room inside.

Things i did'nt like.
Dash-
pod gauges=ugly
toggle switches--come on really what were they thinking.
Pickle fork--still undecided.

gr8smiles
Did I meet you at the Flyin?..I had the yellow 2003 X2.

erkoehler
07-11-2006, 09:57 PM
I heard lining it up on the trailer is a pain. what are your thoughts?

I have put an X-Star and X-2 on the trailer and haven't had any issues to date.

dapicatti
07-12-2006, 12:57 AM
The Slate grey is a sick color (i wonder why I like it). Boat is great. Last boat I had, there were always little things I wished were different... this boat has NONE. The trailer on the other hand...

Only issue with the trailer we have had is driver error- mine.
Otherwise its great.

djhuff
07-12-2006, 07:55 AM
Only issue with the trailer we have had is driver error- mine.
Otherwise its great.

My trailer just does not want to go on the hitch ball, and it jerks to no end. I think the ball may be a little low, but it is the same height that pulled my X30 and I didn't have any issues with that one (after they fixed the sticky calipers).

erkoehler
07-12-2006, 09:09 AM
My trailer just does not want to go on the hitch ball, and it jerks to no end. I think the ball may be a little low, but it is the same height that pulled my X30 and I didn't have any issues with that one (after they fixed the sticky calipers).

Measure the height of the trailer tongue from the ground when it is hooked to the truck. You should be between 18-20 inches max.

djhuff
07-12-2006, 11:49 AM
Where on the tounge, top or bottom?