PDA

View Full Version : the big move

rodltg2
07-10-2006, 02:03 PM
i finally found a new marina for my houseboat. the old marina was on the deep water channel and got very rough. sometimes 3-4ft waves. it took awhile to find decent water for skiing. also they did not have a launch ramp and i would have to launch about 10 minutes away and drive to the marina with all my stuff. well , the marina im at now is great. they have a luanch ramp and its a 2 minute boat ride to a slalom course. it was a 3hour tour to get there , but well worth it..

here she is at her new home!

BriEOD
07-11-2006, 12:03 PM
Is that your Bu' hanging off the back? ;)

rodltg2
07-11-2006, 12:06 PM
well lets think about that one brieod. if i took the picture , i wasn't walkin on water!! :D

jmyers
07-11-2006, 12:25 PM
Rod, where is that?

SteveO
07-11-2006, 12:27 PM
well lets think about that one brieod. if i took the picture , i wasn't walkin on water!! :D
Now Rod, you appear to be mighty sensitive. He was referring to your latest addition to the flotilla on the back of the houseboat. And don't worry, NO ONE on this board thinks you can walk on water.

rodltg2
07-11-2006, 12:44 PM
Now Rod, you appear to be mighty sensitive. He was referring to your latest addition to the flotilla on the back of the houseboat. And don't worry, NO ONE on this board thinks you can walk on water.

i get what he was talking about,... but i was obviously on the bu to take the pic...

and by the way i can walk on water. only thingis that i need to be hang on to a handle attached to a boat going 38mph..

rodltg2
07-11-2006, 12:48 PM
Rod, where is that?

paradise point marina!! so much better

jmyers
07-11-2006, 12:49 PM
paradise point marina!! so much better
Right on! We have friends with a dock straight out from Paradise!

robisjo
07-11-2006, 01:00 PM
I have been launching out of Paradise for a number of years. My buddy owns the huge house boat (I think its the biggest one out there) at the end of one of the slips. We are out there most Saturday mornings at 6:30-7 and a day during the week before work. What course are you talking about? The one on Telegraph or the one owned by the club around the corner (I forget the name of the club)?

rodltg2
07-11-2006, 01:01 PM
its alot nicer there, not as many big yachts, smoother water and 2 slalom courses within minutes!

rodltg2
07-11-2006, 01:02 PM
I have been launching out of Paradise for a number of years. My buddy owns the huge house boat (I think its the biggest one out there) at the end of one of the slips. We are out there most Saturday mornings at 6:30-7 and a day during the week before work. What course are you talking about? The one on Telegraph or the one owned by the club around the corner (I forget the name of the club)?

nice boat, is that the one with the kegerator and tv on the second level?

ive only seen the course at telephone cut . ive yet to find the other..

M-Funf
07-11-2006, 01:07 PM
I think I can see Rod :wavey:

http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/data/500/Marina.jpg

Nice place, Rod...too bad it's so far from River's End Marina

TonyB
07-11-2006, 01:22 PM
As I see it, there can be any number of land masses or structures at waters edge.

We like to call them beaches, piers, docks, banks, etc.

rodltg2
07-11-2006, 01:24 PM
I think I can see Rod :wavey:

http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/data/500/Marina.jpg

Nice place, Rod...too bad it's so far from River's End Marina

hey thats pretty cool , can you get one more towards the left so i can find the other course?

M-Funf
07-11-2006, 01:32 PM
Which direction and how far are the two courses?

BriEOD
07-11-2006, 01:45 PM
Hmmm Rod, let us think. You could be on a perpedicular dock, on a rock, on a boat, swimming, UMP could be levitating and holding you, etc. How the heck do I know you're on the Bu? 8p

robisjo
07-11-2006, 01:46 PM
That's the one. Its a sweet boat. He also owns the Wakesetter, the yellow and gray one closest to the levee on the same slip. I have not been to the course at Telegraph in a long time. It tends to get rough in the afternoon. There is another one around the corner going the opposite way. When is the next time that you are going to be out there and maybe we can hook up and I can show you some spots?

rodltg2
07-11-2006, 02:12 PM
im not sure , hoping to go out this week to work on the houseboat some. i may skip this weekdn since ive gone 4 in a row.

rodltg2
07-11-2006, 02:23 PM
this google earth is cool, here is the ski lakes is ski at!

robisjo
07-11-2006, 02:59 PM
Let me know the next time that you will be out there. I am out most Saturday mornings from 6:30 to 9:00 or 10:00, the best skiing is in the morning before everyone gets out there. I have the only 98 anniversary edition out there. The other ski course that I mentioned is the other way, heading east. I believe they meet every Friday evening out there. They do keep the course locked so not anyone can use it. In terms of water, the water at this course is usually smoother than at Telegraph. I am sure that I will see you out there. Do you know about the Reggae festival out at PP? It is coming up soon. It is quite the party.

rodltg2
07-11-2006, 03:29 PM
cool, i love reggae! yeah, im sure ill see you out there. i ski at two private sites so course access is not crucial, however i dont free ski anymore unless working on drills . mine is the blue and white response.

bkhallpass
07-11-2006, 03:35 PM
The Jamaican Restaurant at Paradise Point called Breadfruit Tree
is also pretty good. BKH

jmyers
07-11-2006, 03:36 PM
When is this festival? We should all get togehter out there!:toast:

robisjo
07-11-2006, 07:30 PM
I will be going out tomorrow morning and will find out from the resort when the party is. Usually houseboats line the ramp making it hard to launch unless you know what you are doing.

robisjo
07-17-2006, 12:17 PM
I found out the festival is August 26. It is quite a party.