PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with this site update?

Upper Michigan Prostar190
07-10-2006, 10:38 AM
So whats the deal with the update last nite on the site? why can I see any avatars? I see lots of red X's all over. I'm sure thats normal for HB(especially in the later evenings) but not for me. Anybody else havin issues?

3event
07-10-2006, 10:42 AM
Same here. No avatars, red X on many of the links.

? ? ?

Happy Monday All ! :cool:

erkoehler
07-10-2006, 10:42 AM
No issues, some red X's, but they're probably still working on the update.

Patience grasshopper!

atlfootr
07-10-2006, 10:54 AM
So whats the deal with the update last nite on the site? why can I see any avatars? I see lots of red X's all over. I'm sure thats normal for HB(especially in the later evenings) but not for me. Anybody else havin issues?

Same here. No avatars, red X on many of the links.

? ? ? :cool:

No issues, some red X's, but they're probably still working on the update. Man, you guy's are drink'n way to much booze on the weekends .. :toast:

red X's
:confused:

Ric
07-10-2006, 10:55 AM
Yes, the board is slowly being shut down. TTadmin felt that slowly weaning you clowns off this site would be better than cold turkey!:cool:

bigmac
07-10-2006, 10:55 AM

Are you saying that you never update any of the software on your computer:) ? Team Talk has to do the same. They were using a long-outdated version of the V-bulletin software that had numerous functionality problems and serious security issues. That kind of site upgrade is complicated and never goes smoothly. I congratulate TTAdmin for getting the site back up so quickly. Most site admins would shut the whole thing down for the 2 or 3 days necessary to get all the graphics, avatar, and attachment issues sorted out. That stuff will come along in due time, but it ain't easy. Everybody needs to just chill. Even in this temporary semi-functional state, we're all getting more than our money's worth out of this site.

BrianM
07-10-2006, 11:00 AM
No ability to post photos in a post either. The attach file box is there but there is no link to upload the files. Smileys don't work either.

Ric
07-10-2006, 11:11 AM
Its working for me Brian (both smilies and attachments are working )

07-10-2006, 11:16 AM
no1's smileys never move so he wont notice too much problems!

Its no big deal, just was wondering if my computer was fubar. :)

bcampbe7
07-10-2006, 11:25 AM
Are you saying that you never update any of the software on your computer:) ? Team Talk has to do the same. They were using a long-outdated version of the V-bulletin software that had numerous functionality problems and serious security issues. That kind of site upgrade is complicated and never goes smoothly. I congratulate TTAdmin for getting the site back up so quickly. Most site admins would shut the whole thing down for the 2 or 3 days necessary to get all the graphics, avatar, and attachment issues sorted out. That stuff will come along in due time, but it ain't easy. Everybody needs to just chill. Even in this temporary semi-functional state, we're all getting more than our money's worth out of this site.

x2....

Keep up the good work TTAdmin!:cool:

Alteczen
07-10-2006, 11:35 AM
Patience gang. As mentioned above there are a ton of changes since the site was last updated. Forum, Showroom, and Marketplace were all updated last night. Minor details will be worked out this evening.

east tx skier
07-10-2006, 11:48 AM
Patience gang. As mentioned above there are a ton of changes since the site was last updated. Forum, Showroom, and Marketplace were all updated last night. Minor details will be worked out this evening.

You still pushing buttons Alt?

atlfootr
07-10-2006, 11:49 AM
You still pushing buttons Alt?:confused: Say again :rolleyes:

east tx skier
07-10-2006, 11:57 AM
:confused: Say again :rolleyes:

Alt is the former TTAdmin.

Alteczen
07-10-2006, 12:24 PM
Pushing lots of them this time around. Looks like I have a few more to push. :)

07-10-2006, 12:52 PM
Cool it man, we are fine. I was just askin! NO worries!

:)

TMC
07-10-2006, 01:14 PM
Pushing lots of them this time around. Looks like I have a few more to push. :)

Since Alteczen is the guy who originally brought Team Talk to you guys, we thought it best to hire his company's services to work on a few punch items for us. There will be some great changes so hang in there!

-J

X-45
07-10-2006, 01:26 PM
I think this is Dookers revenge for trying to find out who he is. Or maby Toober, Any body seen him?
:rolleyes:

TMCNo1
07-10-2006, 01:49 PM
no1's smileys never move so he wont notice too much problems!

Its no big deal, just was wondering if my computer was fubar. :)

Right, and now ma chicken, "CLUCK" has stopped dancin' and taken off to the outhouse that I hope you unlocked it last night. When he gets done they should all come back! I get a rebate/refund on my TT dues I pay, for my smiles not jumping and moving.:D :uglyhamme :popcorn:

07-10-2006, 02:44 PM
I think this is Dookers revenge for trying to find out who he is. Or maby Toober, Any body seen him?
:rolleyes:
both have been sighted here today! I think they are ever lurking.

SkiDog
07-10-2006, 05:46 PM
Right, and now ma chicken, "CLUCK" has stopped dancin' and taken off to the outhouse that I hope you unlocked it last night. When he gets done they should all come back! I get a rebate/refund on my TT dues I pay, for my smiles not jumping and moving.:D :uglyhamme :popcorn:

Hell, for that matter, YOU'VE quit clucking, quit dancin' and you ain't gittin back any mony! Your dang chickin is just tired!:D

07-10-2006, 05:49 PM
I bet that chicken would start moving if Goat mechanic Fred payed it a visit!:cool:

07-10-2006, 05:49 PM
I bet that chicken would start moving if Goat mechanic Fred payed it a visit!:cool:

SkiDog
07-10-2006, 05:54 PM
You gots that right! But If that chickin smells Fred's shoes though, he's a goner! I wonder if Fred still has a use for his timing light?:confused:

TMCNo1
07-10-2006, 06:07 PM
You gots that right! But If that chickin smells Fred's shoes though, he's a goner! I wonder if Fred still has a use for his timing light?:confused:

Fred will never see the light, cause he ain't got no timing!
My chicken learned to dance from Fred and he didn't call it the "Funky Chicken" either! I thinks Fred was into all sorts of barnyard animals, not just goats, kinda like HB and his sheep! Do we have a trend here?:eek: :banana: :purplaugh

BrianM
07-10-2006, 08:57 PM
Maybe something that is being worked on. I am able to add attachments and smileys when using Explorer but neither is working with Firefox which is what I use if I have the choice.

TMCNo1
07-10-2006, 09:57 PM
FWIW, I am getting accustomed to the new stuff, and yes, the site is much faster and a lot of stuff that didn't work for me before, works now.

SkiDog
07-11-2006, 06:17 PM
FWIW, I am getting accustomed to the new stuff, and yes, the site is much faster and a lot of stuff that didn't work for me before, works now.
Like what?!?!?!?

TMCNo1
07-11-2006, 06:36 PM
Like what?!?!?!?

For some reason, I could not color, slant, or underline anything in posts or threads. I have tried for 6 mos. and until the update, it didn't work!:cool: :D :eek:

SkiDog
07-11-2006, 06:48 PM
For some reason, I could not color, slant, or underline anything in posts or threads. I have tried for 6 mos. and until the update, it didn't work!:cool: :D :eek:

Hell, I've been trying to figure out hoe to add pictures to my profile, but can't seem to get it. How about a lesson? Also, a lot of my pics have to be resized cause they are too big.

TMCNo1
07-11-2006, 09:31 PM
Hell, I've been trying to figure out hoe to add pictures to my profile, but can't seem to get it. How about a lesson? Also, a lot of my pics have to be resized cause they are too big.

Skidog' I have no idea yet how to add pictures to a thread/post yet, but I'm working on it. Maybe some else can tell ya!

EDIT, I did something semi-right but have no idea what I did, leme stop and think!