PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Model Specs ?

x-starmcx
07-10-2006, 05:36 AM
Doe's anyone know or heard what alterations have been made for the 2007 lineup of X serise boats ? specifically X Star ? has the X2 seat made it in and what have they done with the graphics.......... doe's anyone have any news please?

erkoehler
07-10-2006, 10:35 AM
One X-Star package can be ordered with graphitti graphics....looks NICE!

Thats all I'm saying at this point....

x-starmcx
07-11-2006, 08:25 PM
Already sorted the graphic on my 06 as the standard Vinal match was very poor ! hence ordered all black and did my own thing with the graphitti graphic, just wondered about trim changes and or new masterview seat? was told more bling for this year but i have not herd anymore just that X2 X1 towers more like the x-star?

nothing specific on the X-Star though do you have any news and have you ever seen the cargo rack installed on an X-Star as i am considering it for my 07 order?

Farmer Ted
07-11-2006, 08:31 PM
One X-Star package can be ordered with graphitti graphics....looks NICE!

Thats all I'm saying at this point....

give up the skinny on the 209 seating.......

MYMC
07-12-2006, 10:21 AM
give up the skinny on the 209 seating.......
Wrap seating in a direct drive

sanjuan23
07-12-2006, 10:29 AM
Wrap seating in a direct drive

What?? Should be interesting

ski_king
07-12-2006, 10:35 AM
Didn't the old tristar's have a model where the bow seating wrapped around to the rear seat?

east tx skier
07-12-2006, 11:06 AM
Does he mean bow wrapped seating, or wrapped from the observer seat around to the other side? Bu had something like that in a response at one point (don't know if they still offer it or if that's what MYMC is referring to as "wrapped seating."). Will be interesting to see how they do it in the 209.

BrianM
07-12-2006, 11:43 AM
Does he mean bow wrapped seating, or wrapped from the observer seat around to the other side? Bu had something like that in a response at one point (don't know if they still offer it or if that's what MYMC is referring to as "wrapped seating."). Will be interesting to see how they do it in the 209. Sounds like something similar to the Bu XTi which are direct drives with wrap seating in the rear. Kind of a neat setup although when using the ski pylon kind of useless.

MYMC
07-12-2006, 11:49 AM
Rear bench wraps up the gunnels a short distance on both sides...not like XTi seating.

jmac197
07-12-2006, 11:52 AM
You mean like the old prostars did? I really liked that design!! Much more comfortable. If that's the design are they going to carry that onto the 197 & 190's?

Jim

MYMC
07-12-2006, 11:58 AM
You mean like the old prostars did? I really liked that design!! Much more comfortable. If that's the design are they going to carry that onto the 197 & 190's?

Jim
Similar...don't know if it will carry over when the boats get the "redesign" in 2009.

east tx skier
07-12-2006, 12:06 PM
Will said 2009 redesign be above boards only, or can you say at this point?

x-starmcx
07-13-2006, 08:04 PM
ok so everyone knows something and no one is committing to anything !

When will MasterCraft release the info and new design's ? I can place an order but can't know what it looks like, or what if any, changes have been made.......Cool .....

bigmac
07-13-2006, 08:21 PM
ok so everyone knows something and no one is committing to anything !

When will MasterCraft release the info and new design's ? I can place an order but can't know what it looks like, or what if any, changes have been made.......Cool .....

No, only MYMC knows something. Everybody else is just speculating...

Last year, IIRC we got some pre-release info and pictures from TMC in September, and the 2006 web site went up in November.

RobertT
07-13-2006, 09:18 PM
Similar...don't know if it will carry over when the boats get the "redesign" in 2009.

Nobody knows whats going to happen in 09, ok, but do you know if they are going to redesign the 197/190 boats?

In your off the record (as much as it can be on this board), what characteristics do you speculate that they will change?

Hull change? Seating change? Size and length change?

Just curious what you think the MC lineup in 2010 will look like on the DD ski boat range.

Not asking you to speak for MC, just as a passionate MC lover that happens to know a bit more than the masses.

Care to speculate? Lets bring this back up in 09 and see how close you were:)

Rixter_69
07-13-2006, 09:30 PM
Sounds like something similar to the Bu XTi which are direct drives with wrap seating in the rear. Kind of a neat setup although when using the ski pylon kind of useless.

I've been in the XTi and the layout really doesn't work at all. You can't use the pylon, there is no rear ski storage and the back area is so cramped it's useless (although the table is nice for playing strip poker - but that's another story). The storage next to the engine box is good for a tube or a kids board, but you can't get a ski in there.

Hey - call me old fashioned, but give me a direct drive inboard or go for a v-drive, don't try to do both....but that's just one guys opinion.....

Cheers,

jmyers
07-14-2006, 01:11 PM
Sanger has one with the wrapped seating on a direct drive too!

nroland
07-14-2006, 02:27 PM
Sounds like in trying to have the best of both worlds (direct drive and wrap around seating) you end up with the worst of each.

I agree with Rixter ... choose one and strive to make it the best of that world

ttu
07-14-2006, 03:05 PM
I will have to agree with Rixter. I cannot stand that semi half a$$ d-drive/vdrive. It looks like it would be a mess getting around in it. Kind of like a maze..

db

jmyers
07-14-2006, 03:13 PM
I guess my Sanger picture was not accepeted :rolleyes: , oh and I really want one! :D