PDA

View Full Version : Calibrating perfect pass?

excetara2
07-10-2006, 01:31 AM
I got a used 03 perfect pass TT and still haven't got Perfect Pass up and running. When I first got the boat, the speadometer and perfect pass were way off. I figured out how to change the speedometer so it is at least semi-right. What is the best way to set the speedometer. We have a ski course on our lake. Not sure of the standard size. I am assuming could set it with this. Also how to claibrate perfect pass or an 03' user/installation manual for it. Perfect pass has remained way off like it was before I changed the speedometer. The rpm's on perfect pass are right on. Now the speed is way off of the stated speed. Is definately way to slow. Any help on this would be awesome.

Davross
07-10-2006, 02:02 AM
You need a hand held GPS that will give you an accurate instant speed readout to match your PP to.

bigmac
07-10-2006, 08:25 AM
I believe that the speedometer calibration switch on the dash is disabled, and all speedometer info is handled by the PP master module. All of the speedometer info is calibrated from the PP gauge. I have a 6.5n Wakeboard Pro install/user manual I can upload to you this evening, if that would be at all helpful, and if no one else addresses the issue before then. It contains speedometer calibration instructions.

excetara2
07-10-2006, 02:13 PM
K. that would be great. I don't know the model and I can't look at it until this weekend. The speedometer definately works separately from the PP. The speedometer reads a different speed than PP. The rpm gaunge is the same as I stated. The speedo swithces still work. Thanks

Tennesseeski
07-10-2006, 02:41 PM
I also have a wakeboard pro and calibration isn't all that hard. The manual is easy to go by. On mine you have to start in wakeboard mode and calibrate at 21mph and again at 28mph I think it is. Seems like while it is active, press the menu button and it will read speed calibration. Then you press the up/down arrows to adjust BOAT SPEED/RPMs to match display of speed. Like if you have pp set at 21mph and that is what the digital speed indicates, but you think you are faster or slower than you adjust the boat speed till it matches the speed show on the display. That speed shown wont change when you adjust, the rpms of the motor will, which inturn changes your speed. It's kinda confusing at first. Just adjust it about .5-1.0mph and let the boat settle out, then go more/less again. Make sure you do it with the number of people you normally have in your boat when you ski. If it is just one person in boat when you ski, calibrate it with only one person in boat. I did mine with just me and my girlfriend and it was good, but the next day it was us two, plus a couple of friends that added about 370lbs to the boat and that made it read alittle different, so I had to compensate for that when I picked my speed. Extra weight = more rpms to get to said speed. NOW WITh ALL THAT BEING SAID, That info could be wrong as all of this is from memory and mine is a 2005 wakeboard pro. Yours may calibrate different if differet model/version. You Can Call Perfect Pass at 1-902-468-2150 and they will help you also. They are EASY to deal with(for me anyway) and can probably send you a manual for your pp. Give em' a call and see anyway. Hope this helps some and doesn't confuse anybody.

G-man
07-10-2006, 02:42 PM
Go to the perfect pass site and manuals are there. On 6.5 perfect pass after you calibrate the rpms, you separatlycalibrate the digital speed indicator on the perfect pass guage. None of this info has anything to do with the regular speedo. Getting on a course with magnets and a smart timer on your PP is the way to calibrate real fast.

Tennesseeski
07-10-2006, 02:48 PM
I think the course length is suppose to be 850 feet and you run it in 16 seconds +/- .2 sec and you are at 36mph. I think that's right.

oxmach
07-10-2006, 02:53 PM
Depending on your software version, you should have a quick calibrate function ( this is the case on 6.5). If you have magnets in your course and the "smart timer" magnetic sensor you simply set the speed you want calibrated i.e. 28mph, set your crew weight to reflect the amount of weight in the boat during the your calibration runs, set the skier weight to 0 as you do this without a skier and then drive the course. PP will return the actual time, hit, menu until quick calibrate is shown, select up arrow, it will show the RPM adj select up arrow for yes and that speed will be calibrated. You will need to do this for each speed you wish to calibrate. PP in slalom mode uses RPM therefore what you are doing is setting the RPM baseline and telling PP this is the speed for that RPM. It will display correctly within the RPM range. You can use the manual timer rather than magnets and follow the same steps.

bigmac
07-10-2006, 06:57 PM
K. that would be great. I don't know the model and I can't look at it until this weekend. The speedometer definately works separately from the PP. The speedometer reads a different speed than PP. The rpm gaunge is the same as I stated. The speedo swithces still work. Thanks

I'm confused, apparently - I was assuming that your '03 Prostar used a paddlewheel-driven electronic speedometer like my '04, and that like me, you removed your speedometer to put the PP gauge in and plugged the paddlewheel into the PP Master Module. I now don't have an analog speedometer gauge, my speed now reads out digitally on the PP gauge.

Anyway, attached is the PP speed readout calibration from their manual. It's for version 6.5n, and it assumes that the PP is the only thing connected to the paddlewheel.

http://mccollister.info/ppspeedoadjust.jpg

excetara2
07-11-2006, 08:11 PM
I think I am going to figure out the model this weekend and print his out and see if I can't get it figured out. Next step after that I will call PP. Thanks.

-Jeff