PDA

View Full Version : Where is Ryan?

betsy&david Harrison
07-08-2006, 10:26 PM
Ryan used to be on here quite a bit. He, his wife and kids came up to the lake and skied. That is the last I have heard from him or seen him.... Is Ryan OUT??

B

Hoosier Bob
07-08-2006, 10:37 PM
He has been posting but not as much as usual. Late June on the kite tube! Hope all is well! ;)

Workin' 4 Toys
07-09-2006, 11:28 PM
Last I saw him on, he was stirring the pot in the import section........:rolleyes:

atlfootr
07-10-2006, 09:02 AM
Ryan used to be on here quite a bit. He, his wife and kids came up to the lake and skied. That is the last I have heard from him or seen him.... Is Ryan OUT?? BDon't know about Ryan, but I do know Ryan's Avatar is missing as is everyone's else.

Is it just me, that see this .... :confused:

sanjuan23
07-10-2006, 09:10 AM
I thought I was just having a case of monday morning. But I dont see anyone's avatar's either.

atlfootr
07-10-2006, 09:15 AM
I thought I was just having a case of monday morning. But I dont see anyone's avatar's either.TT Admin ....
what 'da guys do yesterday w/ our Avatar's when "changes" were made :confused:

RexDog1
07-10-2006, 10:51 AM
Hummmm
I live about 15 miles from Ryan, maybe I should go look for him??????????

betsy&david Harrison
07-10-2006, 11:13 AM
Hummmm
I live about 15 miles from Ryan, maybe I should go look for him??????????
He last told me that he was going to have to cool it for awhile on the site. The Mrs. thought it wasn't good use of time. The Mrs. is a wonderful lady too. Had a great time skiing with her. Say Hi from me if you find them!

atlfootr
07-10-2006, 12:01 PM
He last told me that he was going to have to cool it for awhile on the site.
The Mrs. thought it wasn't good use of time.Let 'me tell ya, she's NOT the only woman that feels that way
My missy's the same ... :rant: :mad:
She once even told me, she wished the site would CrAsH :(

That maybe then, I'd get more work done around the house :rolleyes:

Ryan
07-10-2006, 01:23 PM
Hey Betsy,

Thanks again for having us up there again. We had a great time as usual! I’m doing forearm exercises like a mad man.

I am in the job hunt process and won’t have time to get on here for a while. I still have a job, it is just time to move on …and up. I have peppered many of you about your areas and appreciate all that great info on lakes, schools etc…

I may be putting the boat up for sale soon too. Maybe I’ll move to the big D and buy Eastie’s 205 when he orders his ’07 190.

If any of you know of a great job for a direct B2B sales or sales analyst position and it’s near a lake let me know.

Leroy
07-10-2006, 01:43 PM
Hey Ryan;

Good luck hunting! I'm closing in on two offers and hope to settle this week. Is taking forever!

I found 100k jobs to be great along with the careerbuilder.com in the local news paper, but the on-line version. Of course friends and targeting the companies you want and looking on their websites is probably still the best!

Ryan
07-10-2006, 01:57 PM
Hey Ryan;

Good luck hunting! I'm closing in on two offers and hope to settle this week. Is taking forever!

I found 100k jobs to be great along with the careerbuilder.com in the local news paper, but the on-line version. Of course friends and targeting the companies you want and looking on their websites is probably still the best!

The latter is my current method. That and the "it's who you know" method. I first stuck with consumer packaged goods mfrs, but I've broadened out a lot lately...to some fun co's that make things I really get excited about. I don't mean I'm applying to anything in N. Hollywood. I'm taking a shot at some co's in the marine industry - don't know how the $ is though. I might as well, I'm sending CV's out to just about everone else.

east tx skier
07-10-2006, 02:17 PM
We'd love to have you move to Texas, Ryan. Coming from California, I think you'll like the difference in cost of living here.

Leroy
07-10-2006, 02:50 PM
I also broadened out and have sent out about 50 resumes. I've found you need resume and cover letter written for each position. For me two interviews and two offers.

Come to Indiana and you will also see a big drop in expenses!! Hope you don't sell your boat :(

stevo137
07-10-2006, 04:47 PM
Ryan and Leroy, good luck! and keep us posted.

Ryan
07-24-2006, 09:14 PM
I finally have hope. After 3 weeks of heavy resume sending, I have some phone interviews lining up. And I'm waiting for the $ compensation for a sales job with an outboard engine mfr. It'll have to be good because because they'd want me Toledo.

Ryan
07-24-2006, 09:18 PM
duplicate post

rodltg2
07-24-2006, 09:56 PM
ohio? thats a big move :D

Leroy
07-24-2006, 10:30 PM
That is moving quickly, glad to hear. I interviewed again today, but still starting with JDSU 7/31. Total out of work 2 months, great time to be out, but maybe you have the same problem, cannot enjoy time off when out of work.

I finally have hope. After 3 weeks of heavy resume sending, I have some phone interviews lining up. And I'm waiting for the $ compensation for a sales job with an outboard engine mfr. It'll have to be good because because they'd want me Toledo.

6ballsisall
07-24-2006, 10:31 PM

Ryan you'll be up the road just 3 1/2 hours from us Cincinnati folk. I see Mag Mania in your future!:cool:

agua4fun
07-24-2006, 10:49 PM
Hey Ryan, I'm in toledo, so if you have any questions let me know....

Ryan
07-25-2006, 12:14 PM
That is moving quickly, glad to hear. I interviewed again today, but still starting with JDSU 7/31. Total out of work 2 months, great time to be out, but maybe you have the same problem, cannot enjoy time off when out of work.

Nah, I'm still working. But, I can imagine the lack of enjoyment as I'd easily turning the job search into 60hr/wk.

OH has been on my radar for a long time since my current co. is there. I suppose I accepted my inevitable relo. there so going on my own accord doesn't seem too bad. I'd sure like to stay TX and west though.

J -Mag Mania would be awesome! Then I might wind up a celeb in the calendar (cough cough, wink wink, nudge nudge :D )

Ryan
08-08-2006, 03:00 PM
The phone interviews are progressing. I'm in PDX today. Company B flew me up for a series of face to face interviews for a few territories in the NW.

Hey PendO, SkySkiSpokane, and AirJunky; how short is your ski season? Apr-Oct?

east tx skier
08-08-2006, 03:46 PM
We've got room for you in TX.

Ryan
01-08-2007, 04:39 PM
I was offered a promotion to a new marketing position (same Co., even the same team) Friday. I am just going through the fine print and have to give my answer by the end of this week. Timeline for a move is anytime between now and end of Q2 since I have a baby coming in April. One nice thing is that I think I can get into OSU's part time MBA program.

Buckeyes: Will my house get egged if I don't have an OSU flag up?
Mike, you want some gas money to carpool to MagMania?

I suppose I have to start reading all those posts about that bizarre practice of winterizing a boat. My wife says, "hey, you want to keep the boat if they'll move it for us?"

Footin
01-08-2007, 07:26 PM

Ryan I will answer your questions in order: Yes and Yes.

Love to have you move to Columbus!

Good news for you is that houseing is a real buyers market right now. The house right next door is for sale, would make it easy for us to sneak out for some early runs.

Sodar
01-08-2007, 10:14 PM
I was offered a promotion to a new marketing position (same Co., even the same team) Friday. I am just going through the fine print and have to give my answer by the end of this week. Timeline for a move is anytime between now and end of Q2 since I have a baby coming in April. One nice thing is that I think I can get into OSU's part time MBA program.

I suppose I have to start reading all those posts about that bizarre practice of winterizing a boat. My wife says, "hey, you want to keep the boat if they'll move it for us?"
Congrats on the new job! I personally could never leave SoCal though... I piss and moan when the temp drops below 50 here! I am gunna miss seeing ya in the stadium!

east tx skier
01-08-2007, 10:48 PM
Congrats on the move. Keep the boat.

Ryan
01-08-2007, 11:42 PM
Ryan I will answer your questions in order: Yes and Yes.

Love to have you move to Columbus!

Good news for you is that houseing is a real buyers market right now. The house right next door is for sale, would make it easy for us to sneak out for some early runs.

Whoohoooo!:D How fun would that be?!? Is your neighbor's house the one that was for sale the last time I was there?

Believe it or not I will be working from home and going to Cleaveland Ave a couple times a week. I will be one of the lucky few that gets to keep a co. car in Columbus.

Ryan
01-08-2007, 11:50 PM
Thanks guys.

Sodar, it's with mixed feelings on moving. When I was in OH last January, I decided to go for a run at night -crazy Californian- and forgot how 17 degrees can make your lungs burn. Though I can't wait to ski and just put the boat away after a quick wipe down, no more flush&wash. And, have you seen what you can get for $300k??? I can't even get a studio condo for that here.

ETS, I really had my heart set on TX. I'm not excited about OH's short ski season -especially since I just skied Saturday. Maybe on the next go around. There are two positions in TX that I will be more prepared for after this stint in Columbus.

Got to stay upwardly mobile.

Leroy
01-08-2007, 11:59 PM
COngrats Ryan! Keep moving and shaking while the kids are young! My son is considering Ohio Wesleyan which is near Columbus.

Workin' 4 Toys
01-09-2007, 08:30 AM
Congrats on the job and the move....

And, have you seen what you can get for $300k???These days maybe a decent garage with a urinal in the corner...:rolleyes:

chudson
01-09-2007, 09:07 AM
I'm not excited about OH's short ski season -especially since I just skied Saturday.
Got to stay upwardly mobile.

Way to go Ryan, real happy for you!!! As for the short ski season the alternative is snow skiing. I am not sure about where to ski over there but I'm would bet someone can fill you in from that area. Gooduck on the move!!!

Ryan
01-09-2007, 04:46 PM
The house right next door is for sale, would make it easy for us to sneak out for some early runs.

How much are they asking for the house? Does it have a 3 car garage? Anyone die in the house in the last 4 years?;)

Footin
01-09-2007, 05:51 PM
No three car, and no one has died in it.......that I know of.

Ryan
02-25-2007, 07:09 PM
After a few counters, our offer was accepted on our new home. 4br, 1 main floor office, 3.5 bath, 2500sqft on 1st and 2nd floor, and another 1000 in finished basement. I'll get some garage picks up soon - it's 21' deep with an in-wall heater so I'll have to add a swing tongue if I go for a 205.

dapicatti
02-25-2007, 07:20 PM
Looks like a great house. I am sure you will like the swing tongue, it will be wortrh it. Congrats.

Footin
02-25-2007, 07:32 PM
Congrats Ryan and welcome to central Ohio, GO BUCKS!

Or maybe I should say howdy neighbor, we will only be about 6 miles apart.

Ryan
02-26-2007, 01:59 AM
Mike,

You've got to come over and see the Buckeye bathroom in the basement... before we paint ;)

Ryan
02-26-2007, 02:17 AM
And another a little blury and the lights off.

vegashomeexpert
02-26-2007, 10:21 AM
Congratulations! Awesome house! You are going to have to start a new garage thread with that baby....

trickskier
02-26-2007, 10:34 AM
Nice home Ryan......Congratulations.......Buckeye's in Huntington Beach???

Ryan
02-26-2007, 10:57 AM
The house is in Ohio.
If I could afford a house like this in HB I'd have to make over $300k/yr.

WakeSeeky
02-26-2007, 10:58 AM
Nice house, Ryan! Good luck with the move and new job, hope all goes well for you. :)

RexDog1
02-26-2007, 11:09 AM
Ryan we will miss you ………

The house looks so nice, good luck…….:headbang:

I will get the flag when I leave………..lol:rolleyes:

betsy&david Harrison
02-26-2007, 11:20 AM
Way to go Ryan! The house is beautiful. What a great move for you and the family. Enjoy!:D

Ryan
03-09-2007, 07:46 AM
The Bar in the basement. I fixed the pic of the bathroom on p1.

TMCNo1
03-09-2007, 07:49 AM
The Bar in the basement. I fixed the pic of the bathroom on p1.

You will be parking the boat in the basement on the carpet near the bar, right?

Ryan
03-09-2007, 04:56 PM
You will be parking the boat in the basement on the carpet near the bar, right?

Nope I need to use the boat to decorate the garage properly.

Footin
03-09-2007, 10:52 PM
Hey Ryan, my wife says if you paint over the OSU bathroom you can't go out on our boat.

Ryan
03-11-2007, 06:55 PM
:eek:
Now that's a threat worth taking heed.

Ryan
04-17-2007, 02:31 PM
We got a new skier in the family on Thursday. Olivia and Mom are happy and healthy. And thanks to the genius at my co. for the 2 weeks of paternity leave.

We closed on our house on Fri 13th at the hospital. So, now I'm flyin' some new colors in my avatar - it's official, I'm a buckeye now.

Ryan
04-17-2007, 02:32 PM
The view and in-room hospital food ain't too shabby!

It's like this in OH right Mike?

betsy&david Harrison
04-17-2007, 02:37 PM
Congratulations Ryan!!

Sodar
04-17-2007, 02:39 PM
The view and in-room hospital food ain't too shabby!

It's like this in OH right Mike?

Congrats Ryan!! Good Luck to the new one and mom!

Can't get a better view than at Hoag!

sanjuan23
04-17-2007, 02:46 PM
Congratulations Ryan!! Hope all is well with the little one and Mom.

Ryan
04-17-2007, 02:52 PM
Congrats Ryan!! Good Luck to the new one and mom!

Can't get a better view than at Hoag!

Sorry I never called you back the other day, as you can see we got a little busy... ;)

I do have a few more questions for ya. I'll give you a call some time this week.

trickskier
04-17-2007, 02:59 PM
Congratulations Ryan!!! She's beautiful, glad to hear everyone is doing well.........

On your move.........Would you like me to send you a Football or Basketball Championship shirt to help meet new friends in Ohio???.........Please say hello to CP for me...............:uglyhamme

Upper Michigan Prostar190
04-17-2007, 03:07 PM
Congrats Ryan!:D Keep up the average so UMP dont need to. :o

Sodar
04-17-2007, 03:52 PM
Sorry I never called you back the other day, as you can see we got a little busy... ;)

I do have a few more questions for ya. I'll give you a call some time this week.

No worries buddy!! Congrats again!

Ryan
04-17-2007, 03:58 PM
Congratulations Ryan!!! She's beautiful, glad to hear everyone is doing well.........

On your move.........Would you like me to send you a Football or Basketball Championship shirt to help meet new friends in Ohio???.........Please say hello to CP for me...............:uglyhamme

Basketball is still fresh enough to instigate something more damaging than getting my house egged...let's go for football.

captain planet
04-17-2007, 04:22 PM
Ryan, Congrats! I just got caught up on this thread. Didn't know you were headed to the Buckeye State. Glad to have you here. You will love Columbus. Great city.

Don't listen to Tricky, he will cloud your mind. Besides, I'm sure your probably loyal to your USC Trojans or UCLA. That's fine.....just don't fly a flag or anything. You heard it here first. You may want to visit Conrads on Lane Street, or Buckeye Corner to get the appropriate Buckeyes garb.

And if I can come back to why we ALL are here in the first place, may I introduce you to your new MasterCraft dealer, The Boat House at Tri-Lakes. It is located about 2 hours north of Columbus. www.bhmtrilakes.com Great guys up there.

WakeSeeky
04-17-2007, 05:32 PM
Congratulations! Glad everyone is doing well. Wow, you guys certainly had a busy week! Moving should be a piece of cake after that. :rolleyes:

betsy&david Harrison
04-17-2007, 06:22 PM
Ryan, did you sell the boat or taking it with you?

tex
04-17-2007, 06:41 PM
Congrats Ryan! Good looking kid!

Footin
04-17-2007, 08:41 PM
Congrats Ryan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the new colors also! Remember.....paint the bathroon and "NO SKIING FOR YOU" (said like the soup nazi)

trickskier
04-17-2007, 09:49 PM
Basketball is still fresh enough to instigate something more damaging than getting my house egged...let's go for football.
Hey, just PM me an address and your shirt size and I'll send you one on the house..............Only catch is you have to post a pic of you wearing the shirt in an Ohio sports bar...............:rolleyes:

Footin
04-17-2007, 09:51 PM
Hey, just PM me an address and your shirt size and I'll send you one on the house..............Only catch is you have to post a pic of you wearing the shirt in an Ohio sports bar...............:rolleyes:

They would kill him.

trickskier
04-17-2007, 09:53 PM
They would kill him.
Well, maybe you & CP could be his body guards................:rolleyes:

6ballsisall
04-17-2007, 09:55 PM
Congrats Ryan!! Nothings better than kids! Enjoy Ohio

Hoosier Bob
04-17-2007, 10:20 PM
Where is Ryan? Where is Waldo? Hey I found Jeff!:D Congrats Ryan!! Nothings better than kids! Enjoy Ohio

6ballsisall
04-17-2007, 10:25 PM
Where is Ryan? Where is Waldo? Hey I found Jeff!:D

Yo HB! Hows Indy these days? Do I still get to be an honorary hoosier or have I lost my status?

Dude, I love your signature! My chiropractor keeps shaking his head at me about footin.....seems I have some shoulder issues and if he has way no more footin for me! :( Good thing I write his check....:D

Workin' 4 Toys
04-17-2007, 10:26 PM
They would kill him.
I wear my Colts jersey in Atlanta and nothing happens....Although it was a Colts Superbowl Champions jersey so maybe that said something....:rolleyes:

HB- Keep looking for Waldo. He is there, page 34

Hoosier Bob
04-17-2007, 10:30 PM
Sorry Jeff once a Hoosier always a Hoosier! It is sort of like trying to get the smell out of fish!;) All is well and keep footin' just don't use your shoulders as much!:D Yo HB! Hows Indy these days? Do I still get to be an honorary hoosier or have I lost my status?

Dude, I love your signature! My chiropractor keeps shaking his head at me about footin.....seems I have some shoulder issues and if he has way no more footin for me! :( Good thing I write his check....:D

6ballsisall
04-17-2007, 10:32 PM
Sorry Jeff once a Hoosier always a Hoosier! It is sort of like trying to get the smell out of fish!;) All is well and keep footin' just don't use your shoulders as much!:D

We'll have to enjoy a Coors Light or twenty at MM3. I hear you'll be teaching parking/docking lessons this year at MM3. :D

jkski
04-18-2007, 07:22 AM
Ryan,
As many others have already stated, WELCOME TO THE BUCKEYE STATE.
You are in a great place and I'm certain you'll find plenty to do, especially with the new arrival. In the event that you find yourself in need of a pull though, feel free to drop me a line, I have been looking for a good excuse to get together with Footin' down in Columbus for a day of skiing....I'll bring the boat and we'll have some fun.
Congrats again and welcome.

Ric
04-18-2007, 08:24 AM
Congratulations Ryan! :toast:

captain planet
04-18-2007, 08:25 AM
Tricky, are you trying to get this man killed?:confused: Ohio State fans are a little sore on Florida right now. Besides, I have a feeling he knows a little better. :cool:

Ric
04-18-2007, 08:25 AM
We'll have to enjoy a Coors Light or twenty at MM3. I hear you'll be teaching parking/docking lessons this year at MM3. :D Jeff's back! Welcome. I should be knocked out of third place in no time:rolleyes:

trickskier
04-18-2007, 08:39 AM
Tricky, are you trying to get this man killed?:confused: Ohio State fans are a little sore on Florida right now. Besides, I have a feeling he knows a little better. :cool:
LOL..............Are you telling me I might encounter some trouble when I wear my Gator shirt to Cedar Point???

captain planet
04-18-2007, 08:45 AM
LOL..............Are you telling me I might encounter some trouble when I wear my Gator shirt to Cedar Point???
Wearing a gay-tors shirt to Cedar Point is a FAR CRY from wearing it to a bar in Columbus. We already see enough michigan shirts at Cedar Point that a few gay-tors won't ruin the ambiance. Besides, seeing those shirts at Cedar Point means michigan and florida money is getting spent in Ohio. GO BUCKS!

trickskier
04-18-2007, 08:57 AM
Wearing a gay-tors shirt to Cedar Point is a FAR CRY from wearing it to a bar in Columbus. We already see enough michigan shirts at Cedar Point that a few gay-tors won't ruin the ambiance. Besides, seeing those shirts at Cedar Point means michigan and florida money is getting spent in Ohio. GO BUCKS!
So, are you saying if I wanted to buy you a beer at you're favorite sports bar, and I was wearing a Gators shirt you wouldn't sit at my table??? :confused:

captain planet
04-18-2007, 09:30 AM
So, are you saying if I wanted to buy you a beer at you're favorite sports bar, and I was wearing a Gators shirt you wouldn't sit at my table??? :confused:
Well Tricky, I guess if it was you, I would give you a pass.8p If said bar was located in Columbus, I can't say many other bargoers wouldn't be passing out verbal bashings. Honestly, it may not be so bad for Florida fans, but the same cannot be said about michigan. I went to the michigan vs. OSU hockey game (final game of season) and went to a bar on Lane Street, The Varsity Club. After the game, some michigan fans walked in and sat down at a table, I almost felt sorry for them. It wouldn't be as bad for you, but I would wait till after college football season starts to test the waters.

sorry for the threadjack.....:o

Ryan
04-18-2007, 12:20 PM
Ryan, did you sell the boat or taking it with you?

Not yet. I'll change my signature when the price drops and/or it sells.

jlf
04-18-2007, 01:36 PM
Ryan congrats on the new job and move and baby. Wow what a full plate you have. I see you are on the tenative list for MM3 now that you are so close you should most def. make it for at least a day, bring the misses too.