PDA

View Full Version : Vent-hose routing on 1990 ProStar 190?

wildbill
07-08-2006, 03:39 PM
HELP GUYS! I'm installing new vent-line(3") on my 1990 PS 190 and the old hose was missing in places, hence my need for help here. I have it from the bow back to the entry under the floor boards but need to know where the hose goes from the fore-end of the blower AND what about the two hoses at the stern behind the gas tank(my tank is out and easy to replace all the hose at this point). Can someone tell me where the hose from the rear of the blower-motor connects to at the stern "air-box"? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I want to get everything back together and out on the water ASAP!

Hoff1
07-10-2006, 11:29 AM
My vent hose runs from the rear of the blower to the starboard side vent. There is a hose front the bow vents to the engine box area, but this does not connect to the entering side of the blower.

When I replaced mine, I connected the exhaust hose from the blower to one of the hoses on the stern. The second hose I left un-plumbed to allow for natural ventilation when above idle.

east tx skier
07-10-2006, 01:07 PM
Here's a picture of mine.

wildbill
07-11-2006, 05:06 AM
Thanks for the help and photo, it must be like I thought would be logical, but sometimes the "engineering gurus" seem to use a different logic than I do. Again, thanks Hoff1 and east tx skier!