PDA

View Full Version : Is wakesurfing bad for our boat?

dapicatti
07-08-2006, 03:30 AM
I have a friend who is quite a good wakeboarder. He has an wakeboard boat and he said he will NEVER wakesurf behind his boat as it is hard on boats.

I really enjoy wakesurfing and would prefer to continue doing it. However, if it is a form of water skiing that Mastercraft does not recommend or that it damages the boat (slow speed and high motor load I guess) I might change my mind.

Have any of you heard this concern? For you dealers, has Mastercraft made any remarks about wakesurfing and damaging the boat or voiding the warranty?

PendO
07-08-2006, 06:15 AM
I have a friend who is quite a good wakeboarder. He has an wakeboard boat and he said he will NEVER wakesurf behind his boat as it is hard on boats.

One of the dumber things I have ever heard!

Jerseydave
07-08-2006, 08:46 AM
As I'm sure wakesurfing is fun (I tried it once and liked it), please be careful you don't inhale too many fumes. People have died from carbon monoxide poisoning (and/or drowning after they pass out from the fumes.)

As far as it being "hard" on the boat, I don't see how. Running at 9-11 mph can't be any harder than running 20-25 for wakeboarding.

phecksel
07-08-2006, 11:01 AM
I really enjoy wakesurfing and would prefer to continue doing it. However, if it is a form of water skiing that Mastercraft does not recommend or that it damages the boat (slow speed and high motor load I guess) I might change my mind.

Potential for CO issues is high, but I'd love to hear his reason on why it's "bad" for the boat. Our motors are designed to run all day through the entire RPM range. Plowing through the water is much easier on the hull then running through chop at 40mph.

X-45
07-08-2006, 11:13 AM
Must have a BU :D

rodltg2
07-08-2006, 11:23 AM
[QUOTE=dapicatti]I have a friend who is quite a good wakeboarder. He has an wakeboard boat and he said he will NEVER wakesurf behind his boat as it is hard on boats. QUOTE]

and speeding up to 36 mph for 16 seconds and stopping, repeating all day isnt? :D

dapicatti
07-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Must have a BU :D
You read my mind :D

Upper Michigan Prostar190
07-08-2006, 01:27 PM
so when your off to one side a bit and your in open air, is the CO thing really dangerous? I never heard of anyone getting CO poisoning from waksurfing, but I have from teak surfing. Is it really a danger given the distance from the boat, speed of 10 mph pushing fresh air at you. ??????

vegashomeexpert
07-08-2006, 05:04 PM
It's only bad for the boat if one of your wide body friends who is acting as ballast slides off the sunpad, lands on the swim platform, and breaks the mounting bracket. :D

Ric
07-08-2006, 05:07 PM
It's only bad for the boat if one of your wide body friends who is acting as ballast slides off the sunpad, lands on the swim platform, and breaks the mounting bracket. :D
Now THAT is funny ( and I remember you saying that it actually happened!)

wakesurfing is very bad for your boat if you hit a stump or run aground as well.. STOP wakesurfing now!

vegashomeexpert
07-08-2006, 05:17 PM
True, yes, unfortunately. Also bad when the surfer runs over the teak deck or runs the nose of the board into the transom. And yes, the worst bad is an inattentive driver running into something. You're right, Ric, stop surfing now before it's too late.

TMCNo1
07-08-2006, 06:21 PM
[QUOTE=dapicatti]I have a friend who is quite a good wakeboarder. He has an wakeboard boat and he said he will NEVER wakesurf behind his boat as it is hard on boats.
QUOTE]

I wouldn't think it would be hard on a boat, unless he keeps hitting his boat with his HEAD or his BOARD! Tell him to put a Wego Kite Tube on his swim platform to bounce off of!

TMCNo1
07-08-2006, 06:32 PM
so when your off to one side a bit and your in open air, is the CO thing really dangerous? I never heard of anyone getting CO poisoning from waksurfing, but I have from teak surfing. Is it really a danger given the distance from the boat, speed of 10 mph pushing fresh air at you. ??????

NASCAR fans with boats that Wakesurf or Teak Surf, just call it drafting!
Well, hell bubba WWJD, [What Would Junior Do] if he'uz behind Tony Sturt at Daytoner, hell, he'ud bump draif'im an go round he's azz! Come offin that curl an kick that board in paissin' gear!

SkiDog
07-08-2006, 07:24 PM
NASCAR fans with boats that Wakesurf or Teak Surf, just call it drafting!
Well, hell bubba WWJD, [What Would Junior Do] if he'uz behind Tony Sturt at Daytoner, hell, he'ud bump draif'im an go round he's azz! Come offin that curl an kick that board in paissin' gear!

I ben around this here skiing thang fer a many moons now, and I ain't naver herd of this thang called teak skiing! jest wut the hell is that thar? Back in the day when I wuz a might younger, I didi step offin that
teak thang and skiis on my bare feets! Is that teaking? :confused:

TMCNo1
07-08-2006, 09:12 PM
I ben around this here skiing thang fer a many moons now, and I ain't naver herd of this thang called teak skiing! jest wut the hell is that thar? Back in the day when I wuz a might younger, I didi step offin that
teak thang and skiis on my bare feets! Is that teaking? :confused:

Septtin' youinz is layin down.
I thank, puttin' on a wet suit er wearin' sometin' dat wont make ya lose ya drawers, hang onto the platform and ride on top of tha water or sumptin' like dat rite dar!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
07-09-2006, 12:46 PM
I am starting to get confused! 8p

Maristar210
07-09-2006, 12:56 PM
Me too. Raining today UMP?